Should I go to the hospital?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Gazpacho, Jan 31, 2014.

1. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I have never taken Latuda, or any drugs in that class. I did have trouble with missing a dose with Imipramine. And I had trouble with Prozac and Zoloft, I would be exhausted around 9:00PM, fall asleep, and wake up at 2:00AM and not be able to get back to sleep. They really screwed up my sleep patterns. They also gave me jittery legs. I do better on other types of meds.

Have you seen your doctor yet? I think it is really important to have a serious discussion with him/her re your med concerns. Does he understand that weight gain causes you anxiety? Is he willing to take another look at all of the meds you're on and consider another mix? Are you taking any meds for other reasons - such as high blood pressure, cholesterol? Could your psych meds be interacting with something else you are taking? You need someone to really look at the entire picture. I think a visit to your primary care doctor might be a good idea too.

I want, so bad, for you to feel better. XOXO

Last edited: Feb 21, 2014
  2. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

(((Gazpacho)) You are in my thoughts. Wishing you peace and happiness.

3. Kruss

Kruss Not Auto-Tuned

I'm praying for you. (((Gaspacho)))

4. jlai

jlai Title-less

Let us know how you are doing. (hugs)

5. Gypsy

Gypsy Watching the Leaves Change!

Hugs, prayers and good thougths for you. Remember we are all here for you!!

6. cruisin

HI Gapacho, hope you are feeling better. Please check in with us. We worry :).

7. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

Wishing you the best; I hope you can find some peace and comfort.

8. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Not necessarily nightmares, but I do have nights when I have lots of dreams so vivid and busy that I wake up feeling like I haven't slept.

Hope you're doing well today.

9. KCC

KCC Active Member

Hope things settled down a bit and you are sleeping soundly again. I wish there was more I could do to help. Have you identified anything that seems to help your situation?

10. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Relieved to see you've checked in. I was worried, as I'm sure others around here were too. I am sorry to hear the weight gain is causing more anxity for you. ITA that you need to have a chat w/your primary doctor about a possible interaction w/other drugs or if the mix you're on needs tweaking or a total overhaul.

Remember we're here.

11. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

Hey! You started another thread in Olympics forum ! Whee! :)

12. quartz

quartz turn around turn around it's on the other side

Just catching up with things here. Sending you more hugs, Gazpacho, and glad that you are communicating and sharing.
    I hope you were able to enjoy the Olympics, even though things may not have turned out they way you hoped, which I think may have been the case for many of us!
    Please continue to let us know how you are doing.
    (((((More hugs)))))
    Judi

13. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

These are my thoughts and wishes for you, as well.

14. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

Thanks again everyone. Why has it been so damn hard to get myself out of bed? The medications are exhausting me physically, so I have to sleep about 16 hours a day. But when I don't feel sleepy, shouldn't I be cherishing the feeling and doing something other than staying in bed? :(

15. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Don't blame yourself for not being able to do things or feel things you want to. That's the depression talking - it doesn't mean anything about your inner character.

Eat well and healthy if you can. Give yourself the best opportunity to get better when the depression finally lifts.

16. cruisin

You will, eventually. You are going through a very stressful period. That, alone, is exhausting. Add the meds to it, and your body needs that sleep. It also probably needs to rest, even when you are not sleepy. If you don't start feeling like you have more energy soon, please go to the doctor. You could be having a reaction that is not normal for one or more of your meds, or the combination of your meds. I really wish that you would go and see your Primary Care Doc. That is your gatekeeper. Evaluate everything you are taking: all meds, supplements, diet, caffein, etc.

Example: My Father's psychiatrist put him on Abilify. I found out and called his PC immediately. My Father was a brittle diabetic. His blood sugar, on his diabetes meds, was going up, and I didn't understand why. When my Father told me he was on Abilfy, I knew. It can raise blood sugar levels. I went crazy on his PC doctor, that he didn't monitor ALL of his meds and made him take him off of it and find something else.

So glad that you posted, when it goes days, we really worry about you. I check the thread several times a day, just hoping for a word or two from you. Praying that you are getting some relief. Remember, we all care about you and want the best for you. XOXOXOXO!

Last edited: Feb 26, 2014
  17. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

What cruisin said.

18. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Anita is absolutely right. All the guilty thoughts you're having about "doing nothing" are the depression lying to you. Never forget, depression lies to you.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2014
  19. Gazpacho

After some progress today (got out of the house and made a short trip to the grocery store), it's been a bad night. I haven't been able to sleep despite taking an anti-anxiety pill that normally helps me sleep. I feel agitated and restless. I still don't have the motivation to get everything in order before taking my life, but I also want this to be over with as soon as possible.

20. cruisin

Gazpacho, please, please, please call your doctor. If not your psychiatrist, your primary doctor. Some meds can cause suicidal thoughts, in some people. It may be the meds doing this to you. and LilJen is right depression lies to you, it stops you from seeing hope! What can we do for you?

21. quartz

quartz turn around turn around it's on the other side

This is not what I wanted to read. If you have not yet called your doctor or a help line, please do so immediately.
    Sending a huge hug out to you right now!
    Please keep posting so we can give you support and encouragement.

22. Gypsy

Gypsy Watching the Leaves Change!

We are here for you and we care...please call someone. I hate to see you in such misery.

Please...you are special!!!

23. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Seconding what everyone has said. Please call someone for help, Gazpacho. Please keep holding on and fighting your way back. We're with you, rooting for you and praying for you and wanting things to get better for you.

24. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

Um. It's rather distressing post but thanks for keeping us updated. I hope you have a gd night's sleep tonight and a better tomorrow.

25. sk8pics

sk8pics Well-Known Member

{{{Gazpacho}}} Thank you for posting about your distress. I can only echo what others have said, that you should call someone, it might be your meds. And know that we are here for you.

26. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

I'm sorry this has been a wretched day, Gazpacho. hopefully by now you have gotten to talk with someone. Praying all will be well.

27. cruisin

Gazpacho, I know that you feel that you want to be alone. I understand that you don't want to bring others into your nightmare. But, I want to reiterate, that is the depression talking. However you feel that others might be overwhelmed, they won't. People love you and care about you being around for a long time. You are important! Let someone in. Let someone help you. Believe me they want to. We, here on FSU, are very worried about you. We only know you through posts, and we have come to care for you, a great deal. I imagine that anyone who is lucky enough to know you, in person, adores you. If they don't know you are suffering, they can't help you. I suspect there would be many people who would feel that they let you down if something happened to you. Please, please, please, let someone help you. Fight the voice that is telling you that you should be isolated. You need someone. And we need you.

28. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

Well said cruisin. Please let your doctor know what's happening, Gazpacho. They're there to help and they will find a way to get you feeling better.

29. Gazpacho

I called the doctor's office for the second time in two days, and still no response.

30. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

:( I'm sorry to hear it. But please, keep at it. Sometimes you have to persist with these things, but it's worth it.