Should I go to the hospital?

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Gazpacho, Jan 31, 2014.

1. succubus

succubus Well-Known Member

Whew! So glad you checked in...I'm enjoying the Olys too and cannot wait for Pairs. Hope you sleep well tonight.

2. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

It's good to hear you're feeling interested, Gazpacho; that's a good sign. Hang in there and keep checking in with us! :)

3. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for checking in! Glad you are feeling better. In case you are not aware of this, med changes can cause nightmares. 26 years ago, I was put on an older type of anti-depressant - Imipramine (Tofranil was the brand name). I forgot a dose once, and had night terrors. I never did that again. When I went off of it, it had to be very, very slowly.

4. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

Glad you're enjoying the Olys! I'm excited about pairs too...all the disciplines are so exciting this year.

5. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Sounds like progress! Again, one day at a time. :)

6. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

:)
    I'm with you on yr pick for pairs!!!
    :)

7. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Are you looking forward to S&S bringing back Pink Panther? I am.

8. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Ah, the healing powers of skating. Gaz, glad you had an up day. Thinking of you.

9. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

Glad to see you posting again. Hope you enjoy pairs tomorrow! :)

10. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

Tatiana and Aliona
    ...have single-handedly lifted my depression, at least for a few hours. But Aliona may trigger the depression again because it's unfair that anyone can wear that monstrosity and be so damn hot!

Last edited: Feb 11, 2014
  11. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Nice to see you posting again, Gazpacho. I hope you enjoy the skating.

12. cruisin

That's great, not hold onto that feeling! XOXO

13. liv

liv Well-Known Member

First time in this thread. Sorry to hear about your troubles, Gazpacho. Everyone here is pulling for you and supporting you in every way they can and I just want to add myself to their number.

14. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

So glad to see you posting and happy to hear the Olympics & Skating are working their magic on you. :). Have you seen the Medal Ceremony for the Team Event? I got such a kick out of watching Tatiana during it. She was so giddy, full of joy & was going let us know it & bring us along for the ride too. I can't remember the last time I watched someone have so much fun belting out their National Anthem, and she was w/out a doubt belting it out & having a ball doing it too. :D. It's one of my Favourite Moments from these early days of the Games. :)

I really do hope you have a chance to see it, as it should hopefully give you a smile. Glad to hear things are slowly becoming a wee bit better. Just keep taking things day by day & remember we're here.

Gazpacho and (deleted member) like this.
  15. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

This!
    May the "up" days continue.

16. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Gaz, it was so good to hear from you. Hope the skating continues it's magical powers while you sort out what else might help.

Gazpacho and (deleted member) like this.
  17. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

ITA. I thought my eyes would never stop bleeding. Hot pink against blue rink walls just IS. NOT. RIGHT!

18. RFOS

RFOS Well-Known Member

I'm glad the skating has been making you feel better and hope you can continue to enjoy the skating at the Olympics, and find other things to enjoy after the Olympics are over.

19. Anita18

The healing powers of skating indeed! Glad to hear you're progressing, Gazpacho!

20. cruisin

Hi Gazpacho, checking in with you. Hope today is even better than yesterday. Please stay in touch with us, we really, really care!

21. Gazpacho

I wish I could give everyone reps, but it keeps telling me that I've given out too much rep. So please know that I do appreciate all your support. It's no exaggeration to say that I would be in a much worse state without all of you. The Olympics would be much less fun without FSU!

22. jlai

jlai Title-less

Keep posting, Gazpacho. I'm curious to know what you thought about the pairs free skate. eta: oh found your thoughts in the other thread

Last edited: Feb 13, 2014
  23. Anita18

Glad to hear, Gazpacho! Sometimes what we need is a reminder that the world will continue on, but it's such a blessing to have people to remind you to get on that train and not miss out. :)

24. cruisin

Hi Gazpacho, Just checking in with you. I'm hoping that you are still watching and enjoying the Olympics. Having something that you enjoy and can look forward to every day can be therapeutic. Hopefully, the Olympics will get you through until your new/adjusted meds can stabilize. Everyone here, on this board cares about you. We all get into battles about some topics. But, one undeniable thing is this: We come back because we enjoy the debate and, more importantly, we enjoy the people who have become our FSU Family. Don't ever feel alone, you always have us :). XOXO

25. immoimeme

immoimeme my posts r modded

Have a good day is cliche but I do hope that's what you have today. And tomorrow. And all the days after that. :)

26. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Good morning, Gaz.

27. jlai

jlai Title-less

Good morning. I hope you like the men's competition (despite the falls). Looking forward to dance?

28. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Wishing this for you, as well.

29. Gazpacho

After a few days feeling better, I started feeling horrible again last night. Now I want to be dead again, but in a more agitated way than before.

Even watching some of my favorite performances from this Olympics has done nothing to cheer me up. Nor has the fact that the skating results I hoped for largely have materialized.

30. Anita18

Do you think you'll have more headway with your psychiatrist now that you feel different? You have to try.

(((HUGS)))