Shirley Jones Tells All in New Autobiography

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, Jul 26, 2013.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

2. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I had to laugh when I got to the part about her grandchildren. If my grandmother had ever written a tell-all about her sex life, I would have died. Just lain right down on the floor and died. :lol:

3. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

How absolutely shocking, who ever would have thought that sweet innocent Shirley would *gasp* lose her virginity to her husband! Disgusting. And then, so craven to write a book about how she had frequent and enjoyable sex with her lawfully wedded husband. I always thought she was so nice. Now I can't even look at her! :lol:

4. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

the filth! :drama:

5. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

:rofl:

I think I actually am going to read her book. That article/interview hooked me :lol:

6. DCA

DCA Member

I saw her give a talk on her book yesterday, and she was very entertaining. The story of how she got her show-biz break on Broadway is remarkable. And she looked fantastic!

7. overedge

Entertainment Weekly magazine has some more details from the book which are more :eek:worthy.

- On their wedding night, Jack Cassidy tried on Shirley's "sheer black negligee and heels".

- David Cassidy's nickname from his brothers was "Donk" - short for "Donkey" - and "his similarly gifted father would compare sizes with him, which, Jones admits, 'probably didn't help their rocky relationship' ".

- One night, Jack Cassidy "took her into the bedroom, where she hoped he would romance her by the fireplace. Instead, he just romanced himself, exclaiming 'isn't it beautiful'".

8. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

Back in the 80s I lived in Los Angeles, and worked at a research/hospital medical center.
    There was a story that Shirley Jones' husband was brought to the ER - he had a heart attack - while on top of her in the act, and she was handcuffed to the bed.
    I sometimes heard stories like that about celebs, but never was sure to believe any of it.
    Maybe this one was true.

9. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

So then, his real personality was similar to the public persona he portrayed? Who would have thought!

10. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I guess this is why HIPAA was needed.

11. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

This book is not surprising at all. I have heard bits and pieces of her life with Jack Cassidy for years. Also, that she was not the pollyanna that everyone thought she was. She looks fabulous, has had a wonderful (according to her) life - don't we all wish for that? Kudos to Shirley!

12. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

im not convinced. Everything about her, including this, reaks of "she's way more of a Pollyanna than she wants us to think she is" :lol: even her Oscar winning role is the most polyannaish whore you could ever imagine. Sure, the whole reason she was cast and the way she played it was "innocent preacher's daughter gets turned bad by bad guy",but when was the last time you saw an immoral hooker with such an ivory soap complexion and cover girl wholesome looks?

13. snoopy

snoopy Team St. Petersburg

Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman?

14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I've heard stories about Jack Cassidy before this. I must say, I was shocked to hear Shirley confirm this stuff. I'm a little :eek: about her talking about her stepson's endowment, but I guess whatever sells books, right?

15. overedge

But...but...Rex, you NEVER gossip!! :drama:

16. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I only listen to it...I NEVER spread it...you KNOW me!! ;)

17. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

But that kind of sexual kink is not particularly unusual. Although obviously it's very unfortunate if someone's husband were to have an MI in the middle of things.