Sherlock Season 3

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Dec 25, 2013.

1. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Starting this in anticipation. Not long to wait now!

And in the meantime, here's a 7-minute minisode. Merry Christmas!

Many Happy Returns

2. Jimena

Jimena Well-Known Member

When does it start?

3. Artemis@BC

Jan 19 on PBS in North America. (Earlier in the month in the UK -- Jan 1 I think.)

4. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Most of my Sherlockian friends here in the U.S. will see it way before the U.S. premiere date. :) I'll wait, though. I don't like watching TV on the computer. [/luddite]

5. Artemis@BC

^ I'm with you, Wyliefan. I don't mind watching on the computer if there's no other option, but I definitely don't mind waiting a couple of weeks to see it properly on my nice TV.

6. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Many nice TV's can be hooked to computers to see whatever the computer (or Xbox, for example) streams.

7. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I enjoy stretching my sense of anticipation as much as possible!

8. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Twitter:

9. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Loved the little Christmas present they gave us to whet our appetites!!! I squealed at it, I"m not ashamed to say. :)

10. Wyliefan

Yes, but I can't be bothered to figure out how to do it. Luddite, remember? :)

11. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I just binged watched Season 1, and will view Season 2 by Jan 19. Love this show. I have watched Elementary, did enjoy it, but now it just pales.
    PBS has seasons 1 & 2 available online until Jan 19. Just luv Cumberbatch and Freeman - great relationship!

12. Artemis@BC

I binge-watched Season 1 and the first two episodes of Season 2 this summer ... but exercised great self-control in not watching "The Reichenbach Fall." I'm saving that one for sometime on the weekend of the 18th-19th.

I'm also not going to watch any of Unlocking Sherlock until after season 3 starts -- unless anyone else watches it and promises me there are no previews or spoilers. I watched the Downton Abbey one (the one narrated by Susan Sarandon) and was ticked off how many preview scenes they had for season 4.

13. Sofia Alexandra

Sofia Alexandra Well-Known Member

I have series 1 and 2 on dvd, but SVT will be airing them before series 3 starts on February 1, and I'll be watching. :) And I'll be telling everyone I know to watch them as well, if they haven't already. Though I envy those who'll get the resolutions to The Great Game and The Reichenbach Fall without waiting years for them! :lynch: :lol:

14. dardar1126

No real spoilers (just a couple of glimpses after the credits roll, but it is stuff that was shown in the PBS and BBC trailers - see links below - and in the mini-episode). This program is a wonderful overview of the series - lovely commentary by Mark Gatiss and Steven Moffat (plus Mark reads passages from the books), Benedict and Martin, as well as key characters from Seasons 1 and 2 (Moriarty, Irene Adler, et.al.). Plus it's a history of Sherlock Holmes from the books, stage, screen, and television. AND there's actual film with sound of Sir Arthur Conan Doyle!

I loved it! :respec:

EDIT: From the PBS thread...these links DO CONTAIN MINOR SPOILERS!!

Last edited: Dec 29, 2013
  15. Artemis@BC

^ Thanks dardar. Sounds like it's safe to watch Unlocking - I haven't seen any previews but have watched the mini-episode. I'll wait til it airs, though, rather than going the online route. (Stuff this good is worth being patient for!)

16. dardar1126

17. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I like that: "a Superhero for adults".

18. dardar1126

Twitter:

19. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

I can't wait. If I figure out how to watch it on computer, I most certainly will; I'll probably end up buying it later anyway ( unless it is a disaster, which is highly unlikely). My most anticipated series.

20. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I will watch this on BBC online and then again when it gets to PBS. Have no self-control when it comes to series I love.

21. Artemis@BC

Uh oh. With this many people planning on watching it on the UK schedule ... we might have to have a separate thread for PBS-viewers-wanting-to-stay-spoiler-free like we did for Downton Abbey.

22. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Are you in England or did you get around BBC being geoblocked? ( I assume it is geoblocked). Russian TV shows Sherlock with 5 minute delay ( can access on TVTeka) , but I am afraid they'll dub.

23. Sofia Alexandra

Firefox or Chrome + Hola Unblocker = unblocked BBC iPlayer. ;)

24. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Stop stealing my brain. My problem is I'm generally doing something on the computer while watching TV (as now, watching all the Doctor Who specials on BBC America) and I can't really just sit and watch.

Sherlock, don't smile and wink. It's creepy.

25. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

I paid the 5 pounds a moths for the British ip address thinggie. Too many Brit actors I obsess over not to have this ;). http://www.my-expat-network.com/

26. Sofia Alexandra

IT STARTS TOMORROW. *Kermitflail*

27. Artemis@BC

Ok, I'm going to leave this thread now, and I or someone else can start another one with "PBS / North America" or the like in the subject line closer to our date.

For those of you watching tomorrow ... well, I'm jealous, but I'm also getting better at delayed gratification. :D

28. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Thank you! Unfortunately it will not work for me as I am in Europe at the moment. I tried to install Hola, but am running into glitches. Will keep trying though; if it all fails I'll have to report if Sherlock is dubbed on Russian TV.

29. dardar1126

Twitter:

Good luck with THAT! :p

Last edited: Jan 1, 2014
  30. Wyliefan

I'm shamelessly following the Twitter tag even though I'm not watching the ep. :D So much fun. I REALLY want to see it now!