Sherlock Season 3 - PBS broadcast schedule - spoiler-free zone

dardar1126

There's a T-shirt company in the UK that makes topical shirts only available for 24 hours. I'm loving the two Sherlock-themed ones available today:

http://www.qwertee.com/images/designs/mens/37199.jpg

http://www.qwertee.com/images/designs/mens/37200.jpg

Those are EXCELLENT! :D

Twitter:

Masterpiece PBS ‏@masterpiecepbs 1h
#SherlockPBS death deception -- how did he do it? Series stars & creators offer backstory, and fav fan theories. http://to.pbs.org/LNHYOj

EDIT2:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/sherlock-amanda-abbington-johns-wedding-673975

'Sherlock': Amanda Abbington on John/Mary's Wedding and a Dark Shift (Q&A)

10:00 AM PST 1/25/2014 by Philiana Ng

Last edited:

znachki

Spoiler for Ep 2 - So don't open until after you've seen it.

Sherlock at the end, looking so lonely and wrapping himself up in his coat of armor... all the feels..:fragile:

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Did they NOT give runner-up to his mustache (okay, that was last week)? A travesty. :drama:

gkelly

From the Television Without Pity recap:

Writer Mark Gatiss skates the line between text and commentary so well, I'm disappointed he won't be competing in Sochi. His triple Axel that is "The Empty Hearse" is nearly flawless. Even the Chinese judges agree.

Artemis@BC

No discussions of "The Sign of Three"?!?

It was another episode of completely brilliant and fan-gifting character development, but the "mystery" of the week was, again, quite lacking. However I didn't care. Not one bit.

I absolutely love how they've written Mary, and Amanda Abbington's performance of her. I love how she supports the John-Sherlock relationship, doesn't come between them, but still has her own relationship with both of them. I love how she completely sees Sherlock, and brings him out of his shell. I loved how she was egging both of them on to pick a new case.

The scene with Sherlock, all the ghost-dating-women, and Mycroft (and Irene! :cheer:) was brilliant. (BTW, anyone else think that her brief appearance in ep 2 means there's a good chance we'll see her show up, more substantively, in ep 3?)

Molly's consistently absurd yet oddly wedding-appropriate wardrobe -- and her treatment of poor non-Sherlock -- LOL!

The speech. The speech! OMG, the speech!

And the final scenes, with the violin performance, the dances ... and then Sherlock's absolutely crushed facial expression before he stalks off into the night ... well I've been known to cry at weddings, real and fictional, but this was the first time I've cried that way. :fragile:

skatesindreams

I'm loving all of this!.

Sherlock himself is the "mystery", IMO.
Watching him surmount his difficulties and build a life; while retaining the qualities/abilities that make him so extraordinary, is fascinating.

I so admire Benedict Cumberbatch's genius in portraying this; and Martin Freeman in support of him.

Last edited:

dardar1126

No discussions of "The Sign of Three"?!?

It was another episode of completely brilliant and fan-gifting character development, but the "mystery" of the week was, again, quite lacking. However I didn't care. Not one bit.

I absolutely love how they've written Mary, and Amanda Abbington's performance of her. I love how she supports the John-Sherlock relationship, doesn't come between them, but still has her own relationship with both of them. I love how she completely sees Sherlock, and brings him out of his shell. I loved how she was egging both of them on to pick a new case.

The scene with Sherlock, all the ghost-dating-women, and Mycroft (and Irene! :cheer:) was brilliant. (BTW, anyone else think that her brief appearance in ep 2 means there's a good chance we'll see her show up, more substantively, in ep 3?)

Molly's consistently absurd yet oddly wedding-appropriate wardrobe -- and her treatment of poor non-Sherlock -- LOL!

The speech. The speech! OMG, the speech!

And the final scenes, with the violin performance, the dances ... and then Sherlock's absolutely crushed facial expression before he stalks off into the night ... well I've been known to cry at weddings, real and fictional, but this was the first time I've cried that way. :fragile:

I totally agree...a brilliant episode in all respects! :D One got to experience the entire range of emotions through every twist and turn of the story.

And that best man speech was a tour de force performance from Benedict...heart-felt and touching...comic timing personified...all the rapid-fire deducting...an entire acting class in one fell swoop! :encore:

And the other actors had wonderful moments...Rupert Graves/Lestrade in that opening sequence of frustration, and later at the wedding reception...the lovely scenes with Una Stubbs/Mrs. Hudson and John...sweet scenes with fan-favorite-because-she-is-us Louise/Molly.

And I just adore drunk Sherlock! :lol:

znachki

^^^ Yep to all of that^^^

The speech - Moffat & Gatiss talked about the fact that it needed to be both horrible and brilliant at the same time, which is was. I loved the whole part where he was talking about John coming to ask him about being his best man, and the line that he had realized later that he had not expressed any of it out loud.

"I'm not a pyschopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath - with your number" and then the most frightening "grin" I have ever seen :rofl:

Sherlock's reaction to John in the scene in the Guard shower. Cause John was large and in charge as they say.

The stag night!

btw - PBS doesn't like asshole (truncated to ass), but has no problem with dickhead...just so you know.

ssminnow

I don't think I can watch next week, knowing there will be no more Sherlock for another year or decade. Also, Molly's "we are having lots of sex" line was so hilarious that the actress herself seemed to not be able to deliver it with a straight face.

znachki

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2014/01/sherlock-season-3-amanda-abbington-and-martin-freemans-not-wedding.html[/url]

'Sherlock' Season 3: Amanda Abbington and Martin Freeman's not-wedding

By Kate O'Hare January 26, 2014 5:45 PM ET

There have been death threats against Abbington by some of the pyscho JohnLock folks. Then look at the reaction in the comments to her statements about some of the JohnLock fan art. Geeze... (I know, I know, never read the comments...)

Artemis@BC

znachki

Heads up, there's a spoilerish kind of hint about episode 3 in that article, so don't read if you want to stay completely spoiler free.

I wish I hadn't read it, now I'm imagining all kinds of things ... :(

I think I missed that. Don't read the recap at Entertainment Weekly. There is a spoiler in that as well. Unless he's taken down.

Artemis@BC

Oh, forgot to ask earlier: who was John in the "Who Am I" game? I couldn't read the name on the piece of paper, tho it looked like it started with an M.

(And how very Sherlock to just pick a random name from the newspaper, LOL!)

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Oh, forgot to ask earlier: who was John in the "Who Am I" game? I couldn't read the name on the piece of paper, tho it looked like it started with an M.

(And how very Sherlock to just pick a random name from the newspaper, LOL!)

I had trouble reading it as well, but after a lot of squinting and peering, I THINK it was Madonna.

Sofia Alexandra

It was Madonna. :)

And for those worrying about the next hiatus, word on the street says it might arrive around next Christmas. :cheer2: Don't know if it's been confirmed yet, though, so we'll see.

Cachoo

Seeing Sherlock's ordinary parents made me laugh at his reply to Mrs. Hudson regarding his rude behavior.
Mrs. Hudson: Your mother has a lot to answer for.
Sherlock: I know. I have a list. Mycroft has a file.

Jeez I love this series.

Vagabond

I think "The Sign of Three" is the strangest thing I have ever seen on television. But brilliant. Utterly brillisant.

:watch:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information