Shall We Dance on Ice

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by WildRose, May 26, 2010.

1. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

"SHALL WE DANCE ... ON ICE?"
    Wednesday, September 22 at 7:30 p.m.
    Copps Coliseum, Hamilton, ON.
    Hosted by Kurt Browning & Shae-Lynn Bourne
    Tickets on sale now:
    http://hecfi.ca/hecfiEntertainment/EVENTS_copps.php
    Show will be taped for TV broadcast in the US & Canada

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  2. discoduck

discoduck Bringing Albinoni Back

This sounds amazing! I'm glad it's going to be televised.

3. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

That sounds wonderful! :cheer2:

4. sap5

sap5 Well-Known Member

Yay! I hope we get to see some really exciting dances at this show -- it's a great opportunity to get people interested in ice dance.

5. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever been so excited about a skating show, this has TONS of potential!

6. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

And I read that Shae & Kurt are also going to skate a number together..that should be amazing!!!! I wish I could go.......

7. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I really wish I could see this show live. It sounds amazing. Unfortunately, I looked up flights, and it looks like you have to fly to Toronto and then rent a car to drive to Hamilton - about an hour. Seems like a lot to do for 1 show. Sigh - I hope NBC doesn't chack too many numbers.

8. figure85

figure85 New Member

Very excited. I just hope its not produced by the same people who did Thin Ice. I was kinda disaapointed in that show. Too cheesy for my taste (even though it had some great skating). The concept was just a little off. Fast paced current songs didn't necessarily go hand in hand with figure skating.

The concept of this show sounds MUCH better. Skating + ballroom or latin dances = homerun!

9. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

So do I. Still . . . even bits and pieces of a skating show are better than nothing. (Though I hope no one from NBC reads that and takes me at my word!)

10. TanithandBenFan

TanithandBenFan U.S. Ice Dance Junkie

I saw Cody Green dance as the lead in Movin' Out in Chicago, and he was amaaaaazzzzing. :swoon: This show sounds too good to be true! I'd love to see it in person, too - wish they would've put it in a major city. Hopefully, the Canadian live TV broadcast won't chack anyone (I don't trust NBC to do the same), and some kind Canadian folks will upload vids. :)

11. OlieRow

OlieRow Well-Known Member

Canadian live TV broadcast? Really!?

12. Debrah

Debrah Well-Known Member

OMG How amazing does this concept and cast sound? I am breathless with anticipation; let the show begin! Hoping for one more addition to the cast -- maybe PTB hire Sandhu as a crossover act tween skater and reality dancer, and put him in a group number dancing with both Tessa and Shae Lynn, Whee, LOL!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:):) But didn't WildRose say taped for broadcast ?..Hope they don't make us wait for Christmas...Canadian Thanksgiving is pretty close to the show date , though.

What a fun line up.;)

14. Valentina

Valentina New Member

Great news to Ice dance!

15. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

No, we shall not.

16. Rosietwo

Rosietwo New Member

...just now got my tickets. Terrific seats dead centre and six rows up!

17. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

:( I have just one little reservation...I tend not to like the live music / skating mix on TV ,too often they seem to cut to the musical performer when you want to watch the skaters . Still ,overall..:)

18. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Really greate news for ica dance. At first Alexander Zhulin's Show with ice dancers, now ice dance show from Shae-Lynn and Kurt. Hope they will made some greate choreo for this show!
    I wish W-P and C-P will be there too.

19. Rosietwo

Rosietwo New Member

I agree - very frustration. I wonder why they don't use a split screen.

20. WildRose

WildRose Well-Known Member

21. Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb Active Member

I can't wait!! :cheer2:

22. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

I wish I could see it live, and, I hope those who are lucky enough to do so post detailed reviews (with videos) since I am sure NBC will chack a lot.

23. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

At least NBC is showing 2 hrs. Hopefully, that means they don't chack a lot.

And whoever mentioned about cutting to the musicians - I totally agree! It's so frustrating when they do that. I'm assuming that most of us who tune in to these shows is because of the skating. Although I appreciate the musicians, I really don't want to see them instead of the skating.

24. dots

dots Well-Known Member

Peter !!!!! :wuzrobbed :wuzrobbed

I'm so happy to see him skate again! :inavoid:

25. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

NBC rarely chack skaters in these shows, as these shows are so geared towards television. I don't know whether CBC or CTV will show this, but Evasion will likely air it too.

26. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

27. Ice King

Ice King New Member

28. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

Just bought my tickets and all I have to say is YAYAYAYAYAYA!!! So excited to be able to see Shae, L&T and K&K, V&M and D&W!! Oh my gawd, I am in my bloody glory lol!

29. pani

pani Well-Known Member

How do you think, will they made speciall choreo for this show?

30. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I have no idea pani, I would love to see the extended version of Mahler live (seeing the shortened CSOI version wasn't enough IMHO) but I imagine they will at least do one of their new competitive pieces (even better both).

Interested to see where the Kerr's and D&W go with their programs too and if they will unveil their new competitive pieces there. I hope so, I have never seen any program in it's first go round before.