Sew What's Up? Project Runway Season 7

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by peibeck, Jul 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. peibeck

peibeck Letting Poje be on top

The new season is on now. Anyone else watching?

I am feeling a bit :EVILLE: and hoping the guy who gave up this $1000 pair of pants for the first challenge is the first to go home. :watch:

2. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

April looks like Nicole bobek.

Don't like heidi's hair this season.

3. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I'm not crazy about Heidi's hair either

speaking of hair, holy flock of seagulls mondo

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  4. peibeck

Oh my, this first challenge will not be lacking for dreadful looks. :lol:

5. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Don't like this challenge.

6. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I totally thought that right away, too!!

Re: The $1000 pants--they told them to get out something to use to make a garment. So he should not have been whining.

7. peibeck

:rofl: "On the Road with Austin and Santino" looks like it should be funny. I don't know who is more the fish out of water, the farm ladies thrown in with the gays, or Austin in cow country. :lol:

8. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Hope Santino does his tim gunn impression.

For once heidi is not pregnant yet has bad hair?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2010
  9. ArtisticFan

ArtisticFan Well-Known Member

Gretchen's model looked like a cleaned up Scarlett Johannsen (sp?)

10. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i dont think the winner is so special and lots of people had crap to work with

11. peibeck

:eek: Out of the bottom six, I didn't see that as the worst design. Boo! (Although I will concede the styling was hideous!)

12. lash

lash New Member

The winners was blah :blah: WTF are the judges smoking?

Also, I hope Casanova stays in for a long time JUST so we can hear Nina speak more Spanish!

I don't think I've ever seen Heidi NOT preggo before :lol:

Also, no more Models? PR took up the full 90 minutes...

13. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I didn't like the winner either. Happy Nicole bobeks doppelgänger stays, and wish the monk looking outfit with pins was voted off oh well sigh.

14. peibeck

I didn't mind, we'll probably get more model :drama: as the contestants whittle down and they still need to fill 90 minutes.

So far I am living for Santino and Austin's show. My favorite shot so far, the buffalo head with the little cowboy cap juxtaposed with skinny Austin wearing the 10-gallon hat.

15. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I thought the models were to be plus sized?

16. ArtisticFan

No...the show is "plus sized" because it is 90 minutes instead of 60.

17. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

ohhh oops lol

18. ArtisticFan

I was originally hopeful that they might shake things up like that and then remembered the judging panel. It is always the kiss of death if Heidi says you made your model look the least bit bigger. I doubt she'd want to be part of a show that might say it was ok not to be a stick.

19. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

So - they kept the guy with STAPLES in his clothes and auffed the one who actually sewed? Yep - it's gonna be a fun season. :p

Casanova is a very odd shaped man - he's like Mr. Potato Head.

Getting the total trainwreck, creepy vibe from Jason(?) the guy in the bottom with the stupid hat. Can't wait to hear what his model has to say about his "I had to stare at her boobs" comment. :rolleyes:

Don't we already have a PR thread though? Maybe we can merge them and have a plus sized thread? :p

20. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

The judging today completely baffled me. Ivy's outfit -- at least the blouse -- seemed exactly like what the judges would have loved a few seasons ago. And she was right that the assignment was to "incorporate" not "transform" the item she received. I thought she did as much transformation of the pants as the kimono and some of the other designs.

The winner's dress baffled me. The back was okay, but the rest of it seemed so blah. I thought Michael's statement that he could picture all sorts of women wearing the winning dress was telling. That made me wonder if the show is looking for a designer who is going to have more mainstream commercial appeal.

21. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

piebeck auffed my PR thread. :drama:

:encore: Project Runway in HD. Finally!!!

:hat1: 90 minutes seemed about for this episode, and will be just about right until about final 8, at which point I'm not sure how they'll fill the time.

:huh: The balleyhoo about the cast being one person too large, and how they'll need to jettison at least one person before "the season can begin" ... but then they spend the entire 90 minutes to get that done. Rrrring. "Hello, PR? Hey, this sounded like real season opener, it smelled like a real season opener, and you even had a real season opener challenge winner. So tonight doesn't count for anything?" Weird.

:wideeyes: I'm conflicted. Chimp-faced Casanova seems to be a combination of really creepy and really sweet. Funny, I think that he misunderstood the challenge's initial instructions to "pull something from your luggage to redesign" ... probably thought they meant that he'd use his $1,000 pants as inspiration for a new design.

:rolleyes: The Italian Tool was tiresome 10 seconds into the intro, so much so that I was zoning out just like the blonde chick on the street, who after 5 seconds with the Tool looked plaintively to the cameraman ... hoping for a "cut" versus having to spend more time talking to him. Ugh, and then he pulls a Ping in the first challenge, only worse. Were the judges afraid to boot the only (self proclaimed) straight guy out right off the bat? This d-bag should've been gone.

:lol: Peach cracks me up. And I was rolling as the judges returned again and again to how tacky awful they thought the pants that Ivy "redesigned" into pants. Peach was going to wear the hell out of those pants all season, daggumit.

:watch: Though this crap challenge (c'mon, now, 5 hours to do it and a very limited selection of support fabrics?) didn't offer much of a chance to shine, I think they've got -- at least -- some good personalities. Fingers crossed they'll stay that way, at least until the reunion where they can reveal their true vicious bitch queen selves, ala Anthony and Jay last season.

22. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

I miss the Models show. The Austin/Santini thing put me to sleep Bring back the models.

Taking 90 minutes to dump one person seemed drawn out. I expected them to dump at least three. Peach is the only one I liked. I wanted to like Ivy from her intro but she got way to defensive on the runway. I was surprised they let her stay after the backtalk. Casonova makes my skin crawl, as in pervy used-car saleman creepy. I would not want to be in the same room with him for more than ten minutes at a time.

The extra 30 minutes didn't seem to add much other than more time for the judges to snark among themselves.

23. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

:huh: Bobek-clone, Casanova, and bowler hat's outfits were total messes. The loser's was just not streamlined enough but it was wearable. She was the one who had a 9 month old baby at home right? Hmmm.

I skipped Austin and Santino. I am tired of makeover stuff.

24. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Le sigh. It's still advertised as coming in Pennsylvania. Where are you all watching it?

25. shan

shan Well-Known Member

"You made pants out of pants" must have been Heidi's favorite line from this show. She said so many times. :rofl:

Michael Kors looked kind of orangey. Bad spray tan? Loved Ninagarcia translating.

I'm :huh: that McKell who sewed is gone leaving behind kimono guy and hooker dress Casanova?

I also thought the winners dress was kind of boring, but I appreciate the fact that she thought through the design/styling.

Was it just me or did the models seem tentative and slow on the runway?

:cheer2: at another season of PR!!!

26. lash

lash New Member

They sucked all the life out of both of them. WTF? Obviously Santino is being medicated :(

27. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

Seriously. Austin looked like he was doing a bad Carson Kressley impersonation and who wants heartwarming from Santino? That was really lame.

28. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Pink Bitch

I just watched this. How in the hell did the jackass who thought he would intimidate people with his stupid hat survive this challenge? That was awful and agree with whomever said it was worse than Ping's.

I'm hoping for a great season, though. :watch:

29. peibeck

I'm not sure if I feel sorry for Mondo or want to slap him. He's letting a great opportunity slip away by feeling sorry for himself.

I like that this is such a big challenge "prize wise" with this many designers.

30. peibeck

:eek: Scissors killer Jason... last week his dress held together with staples, this week safety pins. Please judges (and producers) enough already. :scream:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.