Sets in the City - Tennis 2012 III

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Loves_Shizuka, Sep 13, 2012.

1. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Once Serena makes the quarters she is a lock to win basically. Who is going to beat her at that point. Sharapova or Azarenka, LOL!

2. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I'm really glad to see Sveta back and playing well. She's truly a joy to watch when she's on.

3. Rottie

Rottie Well-Known Member

Yay, Kuznetsova! She really did play well (and she pushed Wozniacki out). Happy for Sloane Stephens, too. :( for Wawrinka. He did so much better than expected, so it must be gutting to come away with the L.

4. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

Ancic is a cutie. But god damn it, Pat Rafter only needs to take those briefs off and he has a loyal husband for the next 70 years.. I swear he's all I'd need for the next 70. Just wow. PRaf.

5. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

6. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

I'd love to see Na make the final. I mean, I'd love Vika to win, but she's not beating Serena, and for sheer unpredictability, Na is tops. I think a Na-Serena final would be the most competitive.

7. FSfan107

FSfan107 Well-Known Member

Sloane just had a chance to take the 2nd set from Serena, choked it away. :slinkaway

8. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

now Serena is being seen by a medic

9. duane

duane New Member

Serena's oh-woe-is-me attitude on the court is annoying.

10. FSfan107

This is some great tennis!:cheer:

11. duane

duane New Member

WOW!!

12. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: that Serena is gonzo! Congrats to Sloane for really holding her nerve and pulling through.

13. duane

duane New Member

That was so impressive. She did what Wawrinka almost did! If she can hold her nerve and beat Serena, why not those remaining?

14. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

If Sharapova loses then she should be really really upset with herself. She has only lost 9 games this entire tournament but I've seen her do this before and then she goes down as soon as she faces a top 10 test. I am curious to see what happens.

Stephens should be thrilled to be in the semi-finals but I think it says a lot that she barely beat an injured (??) Serena who was not herself today. I think she will be pretty easily handled in the semis and lose 2 and 3.

Now I have jinxed and Stephens will win the whole thing. :)

15. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Well, it's a tall test for her to come back tomorrow after this major a win. I wouldn't expect her to take the semi either. But kudos to her for not letting Serena break back as has happened to many other players.

16. FSfan107

I hope Maria takes advantage of this opportunity to win another Australian Open. I wasn't convinced she had no shot against Serena, but her chances are undoubtedly much better now.

17. duane

duane New Member

One never knows how injured Serena is during a match. She can be a drama queen on the court. But she appeared fine during the middle of the 3rd set. She was moving well and serving big. Sloane was simply reading her serves and getting them back in play. Once you get Serena in a rally, you have a great opportunity to win the point.

I think Maria's best chance to win the title is if Sloane pulls off another upset. Vika owns Maria.

18. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

I am a Serena fan but I dont think it is far to say she lost due to injury. She was probably still a bit injured, but nobody was noticing her injury anymore the last couple matches. Sloane just outplayed her on the day, especialy in the backcourt rallies. What a huge opportunity this is for the other women though, especialy Azarenka and Sharapova, both who needed Serena gone to have a hope and now she is. Na is the only one left who might have been able to beat Serena on her own.

19. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Do you ever make any accurate predictions?

20. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Within the last year a half, Vika has played Serena the best. Na is still too inconsistent and lacks variety to beat SW. You need to be willing to go to the net against Serena in order to beat her; Vika has the best volley and net game between Na and Maria.

I think it will be a Na/Azarenka Final and Vika repeating. Vika is so much better on hard courts when she goes to the net.

I was a little sad to see Serena lose, I like Serena but I was kind of wishing Sloane would do well. Most of the board know how much I love Sloane's game, now she's maturing mentally. I expect a huge season from her baring no injuries. Her favorite surface "clay" is coming up and by Wimbledon, Sloane may be top 15!!!

21. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Vika has pretty much owned Maria on hard courts for the last 2 years.

22. OnyxRose81

OnyxRose81 Active Member

I want to feel sorry for Serena whenever she gets injured but then she has to let out her inner Bette Davis and then I don't care.

Congrats to Sloane on her 1st (hopefully of many) GS semifinal! She is still a work in progress but hopefully she can build on this. Also, I hope Madison Keys can mature quickly as well. We're in a good place with women but unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an up and coming American male. Ryan Harrison does not count because I don't see anything in his game that suggests GS champion.

23. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

wow.

24. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

]

:confused: I'm not comparing her to the muppet if that's what you think, that meant I'm happy she's gone from the draw.

25. aidan

aidan Active Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

26. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

You shouldn't cross judgejudy; she knows everything. :D

Murray hasn't dropped a set on his way to the semi-finals, but he's had a relatively easy passage through. I'm excited to see how he does against Federer, who is still such a virtuoso at the age of 31. :respec:

Ferrer/Djokovic looks an easier one to call, but Nole had a real struggle against Wawrinka, so who knows?

27. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

I left my heart in Switzerland. Please Federer win another Slam, it's been too long.

28. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I was very happy to see Sloane defeat Serena too. She can make herself very unpopular when she's upset on the court, as we've seen time and time again. Sloane showed that she has speed and can hit some hard shots. I think she could be a really good player.

Loved the Fed-Tsonga match. The semis are both matches I look forward to seeing! I wish Nadal was back to make up the quartet, but Ferrer is no slouch!!

29. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I knew what you meant. I'm always surprised when someone roots against someone else. Seems an odd motivation...Love, Judgey McJudgerton

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  30. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

judgejudy27 is a guy and most certainly does not know everything. :hat1:

Welcome to FSU, where Rob, JasperBoy, Mozart, and AragornElessar are women and judgejudy27, Karpenko, and Alex Forrest are men.