Seattle Getaway Tips/Ideas

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by kylet3, Jun 14, 2010.

1. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

Welcome to Teenager drama!

2. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Not just any teenager drama -- its Bellevue/Eastside, hoity-toity, oodie-poodie, foo-foo shi-shi drama! :yikes:

3. sbanet

sbanet Well-Known Member

...because the entire population and place is like a generic "wholesome-happy-people" stock photo gallery come to life? :shuffle: :p

4. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely certain what this arguement/issue is pertaining to... but apparently I need to avoid Bellevue?

In either event, I think I'm going to check out the Seattle Space Needle, the Pike Place Market, The Aquarium, any other cool marketplaces or anything like that? I know there are the Seattle Outlets and what have you, I'm going to check out Capitol Hill as well...

I think I that will pretty much cover what I want to do, and of course get lots of pictures :)

If anyone else has any suggestion let me know here or PM me!

Thanks again

5. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Yes, the neighborhood farmer's markets are a must if you want fresh fruit or snacks. There are some interesting characters and they are a good place to people watch and get an idea of another side to WA that you don't always see in Seattle. My personal favorite is the one in the University District on Saturdays.

http://www.seattlefarmersmarkets.org/

6. AJ Skatefan

AJ Skatefan Well-Known Member

Don't forget the ferries and the Elliot Bay water taxi. Lovely!

7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I am ashamed to say I've never taken the Elliot Bay water taxi :shuffle:

8. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Hi All,

So I am headed to Seattle in a week's time and I am super excited, so far I have plans to check out the Space Needle, Capitol Hill, Pike Place Market, Maybe the Aquarium and Seattle Art Museum as well, are there any big concerts or shows coming to the Seattle area that anyone knows about? I'm super excited either way :)

Kyle

9. genevieve

10. nalgene

nalgene New Member

The highlights of my last visit to Seattle included the Olympic Sculpture Park and the Seattle Public Library! Yes, that might sound a little weird visiting a library but the architecture is wonderful. You can join a tour from the information desk.

I haven't been to Ballard yet but that's on my list for a future visit. Is it worth visiting? I only know of Ballard because I've read about the excellent menswear shop "Blackbird".

As for the Bellevue debate, I really enjoyed my last visit to the Bellevue Art Museum. It has great architecture and really interesting collections. :)

11. genevieve

How long ago was your visit? The Bellevue Art Museum changed its format to all crafts a few years ago...not that crafts are bad, but they used to have some edgy modern exhibits and if that's what one is expecting they will be pretty confused. It is a lovely building (not enough to justify the trip to bellevue on a short visit IMO, though).

12. nalgene

nalgene New Member

My visit was at least four years ago, so that's disappointing to hear! I guess there's no need for me to go back.

13. genevieve

How was the visit Kyle? We had pretty good weather for you :cheer2: