Scrapbook to honor Jesse's memory

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Vash01, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Request to admins: I am not sure if this is the right forum for this. Please move it if it's not. Thanks

To all who would like to do something to honor Jesse's memory (Spazactaz on fsu)-

A group of fsuers has come up with the idea of creating a scrap book using paragraphs (comments, memories, condolences, illustrations, etc.) from fsu members. We will gather the information from a website- about to be published here- and put it in the scrap book. After completion it will be mailed to Jesse's family- unfortunately it won't be ready for his memorial service which is on November 13th. However, it could bring them comfort later as they continue their grieving process.

Here is a request for your comments/memories, etc. Please submit by November 16th. It will be helpful if it is not longer than one page, and preferably even shorter, so we can fit more than one per page. Illustrations, photographs, etc. are welcome too, but please limit those to no more than what can fit in one page (it could mean one large or two smaller ones).

Under each memory/paragraph, etc. we will publish your real name (unless you don't want it published), your name on fsu, and your location (city & state, or city & country).

Details on where to submit the material will be published in this thread.

4rkidz and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

Vash, there is a place for everyone who wants to to post comments and condolences in the online guest book posted with his obituary. Here's the link. I know some FSUers have already posted. There's also his Facebook page if people want to post photos and the like.

numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Vash01

I am aware of that, and I have posted a comment there. This would be something from fsu, and something physical.

4. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

Vash, I like the idea very much. I know more detail will be given about what we can submit. For example, could we submit poems? Also, I believe you mean that each individual have their own page?

5. iloveemoticons

iloveemoticons Well-Known Member

Great idea Vash.

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Some people many want to transfer, or expand upon what they have shared elsewhere, also.

7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

Please keep in mind that, while a memorial from members of this online community may be very nice, it is not "from FSU" unless SHARPIE sends it.

8. Vash01

It will not be "from fsu" and I have already communicated with Sharpie

9. Vash01

Thanks but it's not mine. Another poster came up with it and a group of us liked it. Hopefully it will result in something special for Jesse's family. Poems would be lovely too

10. Vash01

Hello again, all. I was away the last 3-4 days and checked fsu only a few times during that time. I am back now and at almost full speed.

As I indicated in my other post, the idea is not mine but many of us together can create a scrapbook of memories, condolences, feelings, etc. that could be a source of comfort to Jesse's parents.

As Skatesindreams indicated, people can expand on or copy what they have already posted or sent in their messages to the family. Paragraphs, poems, illustrations, and anything else that you can think of could be great contributions to the scrapbook. I would still like to limit it to no more than one page per person. If the comment is short, I may be able to fit two on a page.

Please also allow enough room for your own name, fsu name, name of city/state/country, so it can fit on that page.

Since I have been away, I would like to extend the deadline for submission for the scrapbook by one week (Nov. 23rd). This will allow us enough time to address any questions, concerns.

I realize that many have already sent messages of condolences (including myself) on the website set up by Jesse's family, but I don't see why there cannot be more than one way to help the family. Once the initial period of grief is over for the rest of the world (although we will never forget Jesse) people will go back to their regular lives. I think other things like the scrapbook could continue to bring them a little more comfort.

BTW I understand today is Jesse's memorial service. If someone attends it, it will be wonderful to hear about it. We all need healing at this sad time.

11. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Great idea Vash and I will make a contribution later. I am at a lost to find the right words.

12. Vash01

No problem Buzz. Take your time.

13. KCC

KCC Active Member

I will post to the FSU scrapbook, too. Want to make sure Jesse's family knew that we cared and thought he was a talented and kind person. Just let us know if you want our contributions via PM or email or other.

Anyone go to the service?

14. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

Vash 01

I just sent you a PM with my contribution to Spaz's scrapbook. I am not one much for words but I just had to put something in it because he was so young and his death hard to deal with. I hope this book brings his parents some comfort.

15. Vash01

Buzz, I just saw your PM. Your paragraph/message is beautiful! Thanks so much! I am sure that every word will bring Jesse's parents comfort at this difficult time.

16. Vash01

Unless we have a better way to do this, here is the process to send me the material for the scrapbook:

PM me that you want to send me something for the scrapbook and I will send you my email address.

You can then email me the material, preferably as an attachment (preferably word of pdf or jpg/bmp if it's a picture). I will download and print it.

I would like to keep the message in its original format (font, etc.) if possible, but I may need to adjust the font if it does not fit the page.

If there are any questions, please PM me.

Right now, I would like to receive the material by Nov. 23rd, but if someone needs a little more time, just PM me.

Thanks.

17. KCC

KCC Active Member

Vash -- Just letting you know that I emailed you an entry for the scrapbook. Hope you are getting some others. It is sometimes hard to find the right words, but I am pretty sure that a token like this, with entries from all over, will be comforting to the family.

18. Vash01

Thanks KCC. I loved your entry. I am sure comments from well wishers/sympathizers like you (and others that have already sent me something) will bring at least some comfort to the family, particularly after most others get back to their normal lives.