Scott Hamilton has another brain surgery (he's ok)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by alilou, Nov 29, 2010.

1. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Scott Hamilton recovering well after brain surgery
    http://www.celebrities-with-disease...ecovering-well-after-brain-surgery-10848.html
    Scott Hamilton Bouncing Back After Brain Surgery, Aneurysm
    http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20445123,00.html
    Poor guy - it just seems like one thing after another, but he sure seems to deal well with all the stuff that comes his way. Don't like his commentating at all, but gotta love his good humor, and fighting spirit, and will to keep going in a good way.

2. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:( Didn't he have a surgery a few months ago? Poor guy.

3. alilou

Last June.

4. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

I think this article is talking about the surgery that occurred last June.

"Scott Hamilton is back on the mend after an operation to have a brain tumour, and later an aneurism, removed."

The point of the article is that even after all that, he's plowed through and is mending and raising money to fight cancer, etc.

5. alilou

Well the I'm a bit confused cos there's suddenly a slew of articles dated today and yesterday saying he had this 2nd non invasive surgery. Anyway I had no idea he'd lost most of his eye sight in one eye so I thought it was new info.

6. Ice Ramps

Ice Ramps New Member

How sad, when I was ten I was able to skate with Scott in Sun Valley, Idaho. My coach Jim Tester took me there for several weeks one Summer. Scott took time out to help me with barrel rolls I was working on. Thanks for keeping us updated, I pray he can recover.

-Dale

7. neptune

neptune Well-Known Member

I didn't either. That's just awful. :(

8. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Whatever you think of his skating (I like it), the man is, along with Brian Orser and Kurt Browning the man who got Stars On Ice on the road. God, I wish him a full recovery.

9. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Agreed. Hate his commentary, but pretty much adore everything else about him.

10. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Wishing Scotty a full recovery! I had the pleasure of meeting him briefly once, and he was super-nice. He was late to an appointment but he insisted on staying to sign everyone's autograph before leaving because he didn't want to disappoint anyone. :)

11. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Oh man...Just when you think Scott's finally gotten through the worst of his battles w/the tumours, both cancerous and benign, we hear about this. Glad the worst of the "What if...?" w/the Aneurysm was only the vision loss. My cousin's husband developed an Aneurysm that by the time symptoms showed themselves, it not only burst, but he also suffered two severe strokes.

He's going to need round the clock nursing care for the rest of his life and the only reason he hasn't died in the close to fifteen years since is because my cousin is a Nurse, therefore she can take care of him at home w/the help of Family. Still hasn't been easy, especially as their two sons were entering their early teens when everything happened, and I admire that Lady more than I can say. Anyway...

The reason why I said all of that is just so everyone understands why I said things could have been so much worse w/Scotty than just losing the majority of his vision in his right eye. Because I do know how much worse things could have been and I'd give just about everything to not have that first hand knowledge.

Happy to see Scotty's got his fighting spirit and humour back. I hope and pray for him and his Family this is the last medical battle Scotty's got to fight for a very long time now.

12. Andrushka

Andrushka New Member

Glad they were able to take care of the problem.So sorry to read he's lost alot of his sight,but I hope he continues to recover and bounce back.He's such a fighter.

13. Michael O'C

Michael O'C Member

Scott has had such a run of health problems. Just like to wish him all the best.

14. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Really wishing him the best.

(And for the record, I actually LIKE most of his commentary!)

15. Extranjera

Extranjera New Member

He's not my favourite commentator but It's really nice to hear he's ok after such serious surgery :)

16. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

Barrell rolls: OMG! More like splattarolls the one time I was tricked into trying them, as a very young skater.

That's one thing I've always heard about Hamilton, he's a very inspiring and fun skate teacher.

Best wishes to Hamilton, recover fast.

17. Marlowe

Marlowe Well-Known Member

If I had to pick a favorite commentator it probably would be Scott.

Just thought I'd mention that in case Scott is reading the thread. :)

He's a great personality. And I think he has a billion fans wishing him well. I'm one of them.

Yay Scott!

18. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Wow that is really bad news. Hoping that he will recover well.

19. Sally1214

Sally1214 Active Member

So sad to hear that Scott continues to have such serious health problems. The guy has really had more than his fair share.

Say what you will about Scott, he's a fighter and I have to admire his positive attitude and sense of humor. I'm sure these traits have served him well in his health-related battles.

All the best to him. He really seems like such a great person.

20. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

I sometimes enjoy his way OTT commentary. I feel excited with a truly great performance commented by Scott Hamilton. He can be way too much for an entire competition, I agree
    anyway, wish him all the best and speedy recovery (didn't he took part in Skate America?)

21. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

I have enjoyed every aspect of Scott's work in skating - his own skating, his show production, his commentary, and his writing.

I pray that Scott will enjoy many healthy, happy years to come with his family and other passions, including the skating world.

22. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I admire Scott for all he's given back to both the skating and cancer communities, and for how he maintains such a positive attitude despite the health problems he's had to contend with. I wish him the best of health in the future and hope he gets to spend many happy years with his young family.

23. raphie

raphie New Member

Wish my best for Scott, waiting to see him comentating again.

24. victoriaheidi

victoriaheidi New Member

Best wishes for Scott. I hope to hear his voice back on NBC soon!

25. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I admire Scott's many contributions to the world of skating.
    His courage and determination under great challenges should serve as an inspiration to all of us.

26. skamper23

skamper23 New Member

I saw Scott in Lake Placid last Saturday night at the Opening of Stars On Ice. He looked and sounded great! I loved the interaction between him and Kurt on the ice...they were reminiscing about some of Scott's most memorable SOI routines!! You would never know that he's been through what he has. I was sorry to read about his vision issue with the most recent surgery, I had no idea about that! From what I saw he's doing amazing!!!

27. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

may God be with you, Scott.

I've enjoyed every comment of yours and every performance you've done!

Hope you get better everyday!

28. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

wow, that's so good to hear!!!

Scott and Kurt are some ensemble on ice who make audience very happy and make FS more interesting sport!