Scott Hamilton & Evan Lysacek to appear on Today Show 2/6/13 to promote Sochi 2014

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by SkateFan66, Feb 6, 2013.

1. SkateFan66

SkateFan66 Active Member

2. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Yeah, as if he'll be in Sochi. It could be worse; they could use the spot to tout Gracie Gold and not even mention Ashley...but they wouldn't dare do that. Anyway, thanks for the heads-up, SkateFan!

3. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Sarah Hughes tweeted that she will be there, too.

4. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

I'm just wondering if Sarah will be going as a spectator or as a commentator.

5. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Uhm, they did mention Ashley and Gracie. And most of the US team would be heading for 4CC today (or already there), so wouldn't be able to perform.

Did Evan perform a variation of his competitive program? I don't know if he should compare himself so directly to Lambiel.

6. shine

shine Well-Known Member

He did use the music that Lambiel used in his Poeta program. And yes, I don't think he should :p

7. FSfan107

FSfan107 Well-Known Member

Please knock off the Gracie Gold bashing.

Meredith and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Before the Evan piece, Scott provided an overview of 'skaters to look for' in Sochi. For ladies, he mentioned Ashley, Gracie and....Alissa Czisny. (Really, Scott? How about Zawadsky or Hicks or Gao or Mirai...before Czisny.)

FSFan107 - You overreact, so pls cool it. I do not bash Gracie...but I DO bash NBC and USFSA for slobbering over her during the past few months, as if she were the sure champion/miracle for 2014. While this morning's TODAY Show preview was tamed down and Scott did not over-do it, co-host Natalie Morales could not help but interject "Gold! What a great name, woohoo!" as Scott talked.