Scarlett Johansson and Ryan Reynolds split

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Satellitegirl, Dec 14, 2010.

1. deltask8er

deltask8er Well-Known Member

I remember their engagement was a surprise. And Ryan seemed more interested in the wedding day than she was, to me.

http://www.celebrity-gossip.net/cel...t-johansson-to-ryan-reynolds-slow-down-201931

http://www.celebritybrideguide.com/scarlett-ryan-no-rush-to-wed/

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b693_scarlett_ryan_engaged.html

Exclusive: Ryan Reynolds "Seeking Comfort" With Ex After Scarlett Split

http://www.usmagazine.com/healthyli...comfort-with-ex-after-scarlett-split-20101512

No mention which 'ex'. Alanis is going to give birth soon, btw. http://www.tmz.com/2010/11/01/alanis-morissette-pregnant-bikini-baby-bump-mexico

Report back in July --

http://www.starmagazine.com/scarlett_ryan_reynolds_adopt/news/16975

The most surprising and disappointing split to me this year was Elizabeth Moss and Fred Armisen. But now that I've read this, it makes more sense.

http://www.usmagazine.com/healthylifestyle/photos/2010s-biggest-splits-2010112/11717

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Black is the color of my soul as the thin gruel of love drains from my being as hearts previously betrothed are split, like an axe slicing through flesh, destroying hope and romance like a virus of lonliness. Nevah again shall I believe in true love, which is, in reality, a cruel, sadistic trick put upon us by Fate... :drama: :fragile:

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  3. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

When I opened this topic, I expected to find the announcement, then a bunch of posters calling "dibs".

4. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I agree, I was very surprised at the announcement. Word on the street, though, is that it really isn't surprising because they have had a lot of drama on set.

5. CDANN1013

CDANN1013 Active Member

Another couple that split up is Dyaln Walsh (Nip/Tuck) and his wife after I thnk 6 years of marriage.

Carol

6. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Also David Thewlis (the Harry Potter movies) and Anna Friel (Pushing Daisies, Our Mutual Friend). Oh, and she's also in the Harry Potter movies too. I forgot, every actor in Britain has been in the HP movies at some point!

Last edited: Dec 15, 2010
  7. Autumm_wind

Autumm_wind New Member

Sorta OT, but Anna Friel isn't in HP movies.

8. Rhianna

Rhianna ...Her?

I don't know how much I believe that, Armisen has been dating Abby Elliot since the split became public knowledge.

Oh, that's disappointing.

9. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Oops, my mistake. I had read something about her lobbying to be cast in them and didn't know that she hadn't gotten the part. As you can see, I don't keep up with HP very well!

10. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Ever heard of the term "planned obsolescence"? ;)

11. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Just read some stuff about this that hints that Michael and Julia Stiles are now together - apparently since about October. Here's hoping he waited to sleep with one costar until he was at least officially separated from his other one... (no names are named in this 'blind vice', though it seems obvious, even though I haven't finished watching this season of the show yet).

12. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

13. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

There was gossip posted in a rag I read (god forbid, I can't remember where) that Ryan was having an affair with Blake Lively during the filming of a movie together.

14. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

That was Ryan Gosling that the gossip was about, not Ryan Reynolds. And Ryan Gosling was single at the time of the rumor about he and Blake Lively.

15. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

16. hirshey girl

hirshey girl Well-Known Member

Busy girl! :D She was also rumored to have been involved with Ben Affleck last year, I think.

17. ryanbfan

ryanbfan Active Member

On dlisted.com, he likes to post thse things where people have the dirt on someone and write about it, but don't use the celeb's name. Does that make sense? The guy on dlisted.com always likes to guess who it might be.

ANYWAY! The Guess Who he posted was:

And he said something about Zac Efron:

Anyway, I was reading US Weekly yesterday and they mentioned Zac went to a strip club once with the permission of Vanessa (he said Vanessa was okay with it on a talk show)

So I just found that REALLY interesting. haha.

18. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

No, but somehow methinks it leads to lack of dirt. :wuzrobbed

19. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Not necessarily.

20. TygerLily

TygerLily Well-Known Member

Ooh, is "planned obsolescence" the dirt? (quick google search)

Did they marry (or he marry her given the rumours of her set bahaviour) with the plan of only staying married to her as long as they were on the show together? You know, like how Jennifer Aniston always has a new romance just as her films are opening but then they kinda die down once she no longer needs the publicity?

21. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

You got to search the archives of alt.gossip.celebrities....

22. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

I just don't get it.

Two people, retarded hot, in the sexual prime of their lives more or less, have insane schedules due to their booming careers, saying "yeah let's get married. We'll only see each other 15 days a year, but that's ok...we'll advance our relationship via text and sexually, I'll survive on self pleasure in the interim"

What part of this sounds like a good idea??

I have to think all of this is just some sort of business relationship for PR or whatever. I buy Brangelina because they had kids together and take turns shooting movies, etc so they can be together and shoot movies and manage their kids. For "marriages" like this, I think the arrangement ran its course and now it's time to move on to the next thing.

23. screech

What I find interesting about her denial is that while she said she had nothing to do with the split, she never denied that there's anything going on with them now.

And reports have also come out that Jennifer started the separation process in August, so it has been a while that they've been separated.

24. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I've always hated that Julia Stiles snot. I don't really know why, but I remember watching a trailer for The Omen remake and wondering why people would have cared if Damien actually killed her.

25. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

26. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I had never liked her until Dexter. It occurred to me the other night that there was fantastic chemistry between her and Michael C. Hall...then he gets a divorce and she makes an "I didn't have anything to do with it claim." Kind of fishy.

27. screech

She made the claim because there were rumours going around that she was part of the reason - she wanted to put a stop to those (though again, without denying that there's anything now going on...)

I liked her in 10 Things I Hate About You, and the awesomely terrible Prince and Me, but other than those... I haven't been a fan until now. Dexter has a recent history of making actors likeable - her and John Lithgow (who said that if he were really a serial killer, the first of his characters he'd kill off is Dick Solomon from 3rd Rock). Who's next on the re-toleration list?

And because I'm talking about Dexter, I must say that I adore Jonny Lee Miller (even though Angelina Jolie must have gotten his hair follicles in their divorce), think he does a great US accent, and wish his show Eli Stone hadn't been canceled.

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  28. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

for me, it is her big flat face. it looks like the back of my crepe pan.

29. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I like Julia Stiles and I think she's kind of cute. She's a bit pie-faced, but that is ok. Save the Last Dance is a guilty pleasure. And she was one of the better things about Mona Lisa Smile.

30. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Yep, agreed.

Rex and (deleted member) like this.