Scandal - Season Two Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by HeatherC, Nov 1, 2012.

1. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Whoa, didn't see that divorce comment from Fitz coming! :eek:

This show is all kinds of awesome. It was very cool seeing how much Liv struggled with the election rigging and I'm glad it wasn't easy for her. Makes her human. And Edison now wants to marry Liv?! Wow, didn't see that coming either and now we really know how the election rigging really came to be. Hope Fitz continues to heal up all right although I have a feeling he might have a rough road ahead of him (this is a Shonda show, LOL). I really love seeing all this back story about the election and how certain things happened to set up what's going on now because it makes the stakes that much higher in the present day stuff. Two weeks until the next new one?! Dang it. :yikes: :( :wuzrobbed

2. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Got that right:lol:

But, gotta say, I still am not warmed up to Liv, I think it's more Kerry Washington whom I'm not warmed up. I went to see Django Unchained where she appears as Jamie Fox's wife and it was like "OMG Liv is there and what is she doing there?" and I was reminded how awkward she is on Scandal everytime she shows up. Probably, definitely just be me:slinkaway:

3. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

^^Yeah you're nuts! Kerry is fa-boo!! :p I loved her in Django too...that was a great movie.

My mouth literally dropped when Fitz said he wanted a divorce. I don't think anybody saw that coming! Mellie was all happy and chatty and then he just shut her down. Ouch!

Does Liv know how to tell someone off or what? I love how she gave Edison a 5-4-3-2-1 countdown but I wanted her to end with, "1, get your sh*t and get the hell outta my house!"

I love how Sally was sitting there attempting to get everyone to sign off on Fitz not returning and then he just walks through the door. Awesome! I don't trust Sally's little speech there at the end about not sleeping, I'm happy you're back and yadda yadda...she and Hollis are still up to something. Hollis was the one who tried to have Fitz killed, right? When are they going to find that out?

It was cool seeing the beginning of Pope & Associates. LMAO at Huck! He was all stinky!

Edison is out of his mind. I can't believe he proposed to Liv! I've never warmed up to Edison...he's just not handsome. They should have picked someone like Blair Underwood...he'd have been a great Edison. Regardless of his looks, I don't think he's going to let the whole Fitz-Liv hunch go. Liv shouldn't trust him. I hope she turns him down...

Another great episode! I love this show and I can't believe we have to wait until the 31st! :mad:

4. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

First, I love Kerry Washington. Aside from being a good actress, she is beyond stunning.

The divorce,as what Fitz really wants, shock!

Hollis is evil and I think Sally's totally in bed with him.

I think Edison is good looking, but I don't trust him. I'm not sure the proposal was sincere.

5. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Sally's too stubborn in her religious belief to be sleeping with Hollis in the side. BTW, do we know whether she is married or not?

No doubt about that, sure! Is it the 31st for 12nd episode? How can I wait:mad:

6. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I won't speak for cruisin, but I didn't think she meant that Sally was in a sexual relationship with Hollis. :eek: To "be in bed with someone" has an idiomatic meaning of to be secretly helping someone and receiving help in return. I took cruisin to mean that Sally was plotting with Hollis on many levels.

And, like cruisin, I have doubts about Edison's sincerity wrt his proposal.

7. cruisin

That is exactly what I meant, thanks!

Yeah, it just came at a questionable time.

8. HeatherC

Oh boy....the s*** is about to hit the fan and I LOVE it, LOL :lol: :cheer:

I can't believe it ended that way tonight though! Way to leave us totally hanging but thank goodness we only have to wait a week this time! I love this show!! :biggrinbo

9. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I haven't watched this show and I caught the end while waiting for the news to start. What in the world was up with that completely awkward birth scene? I can not figure that out! Very odd, almost comical, but I am sure it wouldn't have looked so weird if I knew what in the world was going on.

10. HeatherC

Yeah, it would take way too much energy for me to explain why that scene was so awkward ;) so my best advice to you is to go get season one on DVD, watch it, then get caught up on season two at abc.com or hulu.com before next week's episode. Then you can join in on the fun. This show is awesome! :biggrinbo

11. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Okay, so I was wrong about Mellie faking her pregnancy .... but she totally set up that whole birth scenario and had the doctor induce her. :lol: She's a feckin' scheming brilliant genius though!

12. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

The show has revealed pretty much everything. I'm really curious to know where the writers are going to carry this show for the next season!

13. cruisin

Can't believe she got the doctor to induce her. She was weeks early!

14. HeatherC

This show blows my mind every single week. Great episode this week and I'm stoked to see where they go next! :biggrinbo

15. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Of all the shocking things people have done on this show, this was pretty tame by comparison!

So now Fitz knows. He's ostracized Olivia, and completely forgiven and re-bonded with Mellie (or has he). Oh, and killed Verna. So what does he have in store for Cyrus?

I'm so glad Cyrus decided not to off James ... but the fact that he almost did is pretty damning. Their scene in the bedroom, though, was incredible -- just one more example of how amazing the writing and acting is in this show.

16. cruisin

Yes, you make a good point!

17. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

Nearly a week later and I'm still shocked over that episode!

That episode should have been called "How Far Do You Go?". I mean, Cyrus was seriously about to kill James!! Verna told Fitz about everything! Fitz killed Verna! And then the whole thing with Abby and stealing the card thing...and Harrison giving his gladiator speech...the way Fitz dismissed Liv...IT WAS TOO MUCH!!

I am floored by this damn show! It's amazing!!

18. cruisin

Pretty amazing that Fitz is being so high and mighty, then he kills Verna. An, I think he is using Mellie, he knows.

Love this show. Almost as much as Revenge.

19. BaileyCatts

That pretty much sums up what I was going to say but now ...... where the hell is the story gonna go?! :lol: The vote rigging story is dead (James won't testify and Abby has got the card), who shot the Prez story is dead and Verna is dead (literally), Fitz ain't gonna divorce Mellie ...... what they gonna do now?

20. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Well of course when this show started out there were no over-riding conspiracies in play (other than Olivia's affair), just the scandal-of-the-week. They can always go back to that format. It might seem a bit tame by comparison, but I think they could sustain it for a while at least. Esp. since there will be no-doubt some emotional stuff going on in the team.

As for future "big stories," don't count out Hollis. He still hasn't gotten what he wanted politically, and I don't think a simple threat on his life will be enough to keep him down.

And then there's Fitz. He's pissed, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him hatch a complicated revenge of his own.

However it goes, these writers haven't disappointed me yet! :watch:

21. HeatherC

What is up with Creepy McCreeperson???! :eek:

Another great episode this week and holy emotional and intensely heated moment in the electrical room with Fitz and Olivia...WOW. :eek: :grope: :yikes:

22. mkats

mkats New Member

In this house we are feeling very sorry for poor David Rosen, whom nothing good ever happens to. :lol:

23. HeatherC

Oh I'm right there with you!! The poor guy has to get a win sometime soon, right?! :eek:

24. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

How come no one's talked about the latest episode?!

I gotta say, frankly I didn't expect much from the show at season one's finale but now I find myself constantly mesmerized by this show. The whole cast is all kinds of awesomeness and the story-line is so unpredictable!

And I looooooooooooooove seeing Henry from GA(Teddy's husband!):swoon: I hope the writers don't write him bad, though. He's just so dreamy!

25. mkats

mkats New Member

Aaaaaahhh, that's where he's from! I kept telling Boyfriend all the way through that I MUST have seen him on DH or GA, but I couldn't remember which.
    I kinda miss Teddy. :shuffle: They haven't needed her at all but it still feels like her storyline ended so abruptly.

26. BaileyCatts

:duh: THAT'S where I know him from. It was driving me crazy.

But what's up him bugging up her apartment and spying on her for Fitz! Creepy creepy creppy with him sitting there watching her.

And what exactly was his relationship to Fitz? Are they just friends?

27. HeatherC

He did turn off the monitors when she started undressing though so I'm starting to think he's actually a nice guy who's just caught up in Fitz's weird stalking Olivia story. LOVE me some Scott Foley so I hope he's good! :swoon:

28. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

the ending of last episode was freaky.
    I have a feeling Jack is a psychopath.

29. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

No, not a psychopath:( But he's very high up in the DOD. Wouldn't they be having those kinds of tests that prevent mentally dangerous people from being around?

The series is getting better and better!

30. cruisin

Yes, but they can slip through the cracks. And some psychopaths can present as pretty normal, until they're not.