Scandal - Season Two Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by HeatherC, Nov 1, 2012.

1. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

This thread is a discussion area for all the fans of the TV show Scandal which is Shonda Rimes newest show about a woman 'fixer' and her associates who work in Washington DC, talk really fast, and are just :kickass: in general about everything. The latest news about the show is that they got a full season pickup from ABC for the first time so we get a WHOLE YEAR of Scandal this time! WOOT!!!! :rollin:

Carry on with the discussion now... :cheer:

2. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Oh oh oh!! its own thread! Yeaaaaaahhhh!!!! :cheer2: But it ain't on until next week due to CMA's. :wuzrobbed

Although I am totally spinning over the Molatov Mistress dealie thing and how, even back then, Olivia and Huck were involved in that? And the little round table that ended the last episode!??!

And am I the only one who thinks that Mellie is totally faking her pregnancy?! A 40-something woman just decides "let's have a baby" and poof ... she be pregnant just like that? I think she is not really pregnant and that she's got a surrogate stashed away in some fancy hotel just waiting for that baby to be born. Oh I just luvs how politely evil she is. When she came up with that miscarriage speech right in the middle of an interview? Ohhhhhh .... she be evil. I love her. :EVILLE:

3. BaileyCatts

:eek: double post.

4. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I doubt Mellie could make Fitz feel the baby kick. It's real. To be otherwise would strain the credibility of even this soapy show.

This show runs on two tracks - the weekly "scandal" to be managed and the larger back story of the secret circle (that's what I'm calling them). Frankly I'm choosing not to care so much about the secret circle right now so I don't get too invested only to find out the writers don't know what they're doing. Same with Person of Interest. I do enjoy the weekly cases. Something for everyone I guess.

5. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

I agree, the super-sekret conspiracy circle is the least intriguing part of this series. But nonetheless, I am interested to see how this plays out. Esp. with Mellie at the table -- was she there as a proxy for Fitz, or completely on her own? Does he even know about it?

I wouldn't call Mellie evil. Manipulative and out to get her way, for sure. And the very epitome of a woman scorned. But that doesn't count as evil im my books.

I'm still not sure how I feel about Abby's character this season. Last season when she was all swoony-moony over English dude who's now left the show, it was alternately sweet and pathetic. This season, with first her bitchyness toward Quinn and now her spiteful collaboration with David ... not very attractive. (It's hard not to feel for David though.)

Huck's character is completely fabulous. Terrifying ... but fabulous.

The one thing that's bugged me the most this season, though, is why on earth Quinn/Lindsey was tried in DC when the crime she was accused of occured in California. Did they ever explain that, or did we hope we'd just ignore and accept that the only reason for doing it that was was to set up David in his avenging sword of justice role?

6. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

I don't recally exactly, but I thought she was tried in a Federal court due to the nature of her crimes.

7. Artemis@BC

Federal court, sure ... but they have those in California too, no?

Everything I know about the US judicial system I've learned from TV :shuffle: ... but I would have though there's have to be a fairly compelling reason to move a trial so far away from the place where the crime took place.

8. HeatherC

Bump....new show tonight!! :cheer:

9. BaileyCatts

Just watched my tape and would comment but I can't cause I couldn't hear a damn thing they said and I have to go watch again. :mad: Must they talk so freaking fast all.the.time??

PleasetakeabreathwhentalkingsoIcanactuallyherewhatyouaresaying!!! I had this same problem with the West Wing too. Love the shows, but it irritates me sometimes when they talk sssoooo fast you can't hear a damn word. For some reason, this weeks episode was particularly heavy on the speed talking and it kinda irritated me. I'll watch it again and see if I can actually make out what happened. :shuffle:

10. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

I'm glad it wasn't just me:eek:

11. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

^Count me in on that, too! At least The West Wing had its wit and gravity in that, when Olivia does that, it's plain annoying and cheezy; like she's about to save the whole world! I just watch the show for its drama and Fitz:swoon:

12. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I just watched my tape from Thursday night. Good thing they didn't plan to air that episode until AFTER the election, I'm sure someone kept that in mind.

They do talk too fast but I really like the show, it's like the Bizarro World West Wing.

13. Sassafras

Sassafras Well-Known Member

14. BaileyCatts

:eek: Holy crap!!!

15. HeatherC

16. BaileyCatts

Mellie totally had to know that was going to happen. Why else was she pleading with him not to go to the party?! I did not see that coming at all.

17. BaileyCatts

Holy crap ... again! :eek: :eek:

As soon as they were talking at the office about "where is Huck tonight" I was thinking it was him. But now the issue is who told him to do it. With the way the previews played, I'm thinking that Fitz was not supposed to be as injured as he was. Get shot yes, but not critically injured. And that no one else was supposed to die .... hmmm, second shooter maybe?

And next week is it until January?!! Aauurrgghhh!!!!!! :shuffle: and I still think Mellie knows something just because of the way she reacted in the car.

And the Vice President, oh whadda beyotch. Can she really do that? Maybe SHE was behind the shooting.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2012
  18. HeatherC

I must be naive because I didn't see the Huck twist coming at all! Holy crap. That crap is going to majorly hit the fan next week. :eek:

Nice to get some answers to some of my random questions this season (Quinn mystery, how long ago the Defiance voting thing started, when Mellie found out about Fitz-Olivia's relationship, why Olivia left the White House) and this episode raised even more. I'm really curious to see the fallout from everything that happened tonight!

And honestly, as the episode was unfolding, my first thought was that the VP had something to do with the shooting and I won't be surprised at all if she ends up being the one who wanted Fitz shot. I wouldn't put it past her at all although it really could be anyone who put Huck up to this. That VP is quite the little conniver though, isn't she?! :yikes:

Please tell me I'm not the only one who blushed a lot during the Fitz-Olivia love scenes....holy crap again! Good thing this show is on at 10 PM, LOL :lol: :eek:

19. BaileyCatts

Nope you ain't the only one. :eek: And I had to sit there and watch with my kinda prudish 82 year old mother. :yikes:

20. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

Watched this for the first time last night cause I saw the previews about the president being shot. I knew it was all about the sex "scandal" from the first show previews and wouldn't be like West Wing. I didn't know it was going to be almost X rated. I won't be watching this again. I don't care who shot him or why - probably someone associated with the VP. Did they have to make the VP a totally mean nasty b*tch because she's female? (How much do we miss West Wing?????? Classy and Classic.)

21. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

I thought last night was utterly fabulous. Loved all the back-story fill in. I can't imagine that Huck would have done that unless he thought he was protecting Olivia. Can't imagine how this will all work out. And, you can add me to the list of "did-they-really-have-to-show-the-hike-up-the-skirt-in-the-oval"? Al least it wasn't a blue dress!

22. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

I started watching last year. I liked it. After this week, I'm hooked. I don't think the affair is the only scandal. I think it's that Olivia is a fixer, and that she's always in the middle of "Scandals".

23. HeatherC

Anyone else still watching and loving Scandal???! This week's episode was so good and I am SOOOO happy Fitz woke up! Dang, this show just gets better and better! :cheer:

Ratings are going up every week too so I'm really excited to see how high they can go! :D

24. cruisin

Love it!

25. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

Yeesh, thanks for alerting me it came back. I am addicted to this show, I want to be Olivia in my next life. Fortunately I have my Tivo set to always tape it so I can watch it later...

26. cruisin

The new show is a bit brutal, just a warning.

27. Artemis@BC

I think one of the things I appreciate most about this show is that they haven't been dragging out the "stressful" plotlines that in another show would likely take multiple episodes or whole seasons. Quinn's trial, Fitz's coma, and Huck's incarceration were all dealt with quickly and relatively nail-bitingly-free. (I don't mind other storylines -- like evil Hollis and his power-grubbing, or James' and David's vote-rigging investigation -- continuing because there's no one in immediate peril there.)

I love this show, fabulous writing, and so many great and complex relationships. Mellie's scene with Olivia was just amazing, Mellie saying so much without saying anything ...

Now if they could just stop dressing Quinn in pink! It looks dreadful on her! (Mind you, anyone else looks like a complete hobo next to the gorgeous Olivia and her amazing wardrobe ...)

28. mkats

mkats New Member

We (Boyfriend and I) are latecomers to this show, but we're finally caught up to date and we're loving it. Over winter break we were trying to synchronize watching it on ABC's website and freaking out because we kept getting spoiler ads - and different ones at that! :lol:

One of my favorite things is the recycled actors from Grey's Anatomy. :p I love Scandal-version Ellis Grey and Thatcher Grey scenes, and that Joe the bartender now works for the DC police :rofl:

29. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

I'm a latecomer to the show as well. My sister practically barked at me to watch it and once I did, I understood why.

To be honest, I was hooked within the first three minutes of the show. That first scene with Harrison and Quinn ("I want to be a gladiator in a suit...") told me all I needed to know about the writing and the pace of the show. I love it! Kerry Washington is brilliant in it and all of the actors are wonderful as well.

I'm so excited to see what's going to happen this week. Usually when I come in on a show late, I'll just wait for a few episodes to pile up and then I'll start watching again. Not for this show! I'm anxious for the next episode and mad b/c now I have to wait a week like everyone else. I was able to watch all of Season 1 and the first 9 episodes of Season 2 without having to wait, so this once a week thing is going to drive me nuts!

It's so good though and I'm so happy Fitz is awake. At first I was worried he may have forgotten Olivia or something (Oh, I'd have died!) but it's awesome to see she was the first one he asked for when he woke up. :swoon:

Can't wait!

30. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Me, too! I've especially missed Joe from GA and now he's on Scandal, and I'm happy!