Scandal Season 3 - the gladiators suit up again

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Artemis@BC, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

Who else is excited for more secrets, lies, and betrayals? :watch:

I managed to finish rewatching Season 2 this weekend, and I'm ready to roll. Looking forward to finding out more about the relationship between Olivia and her father, and why exactly he's so darned interested in what she's doing (because I'm pretty darned sure it has nothing to do with parental duty).

And who do you think leaked the Olivia & Fitz story? I'm pretty sure it wasn't Mellie, it's not in her best interest now that she's on the road to having Fitz back. Ditto Cyrus. My money is on dear old dad ... but the way these storylines work it could be someone far less obvious.

I'll also be interested to see how they work Jake back into the storyline. Also finding out how he got out of the box. (Literally.)

And what about Quinn? Will she continue down the path now that she's crossed the line with the Billy incident? Or will Huck find a way to reign her in?

Whatever is in store, I can't wait!

2. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Omg.....this has been the longest 6 months ever. I can't remember the last season finale I enjoyed so much....and was so pissed about having to wait so long for the next season to start! I am not even going to pretend that I know what the hell is going on but I am thrilled that the suspense is almost over!! The unpredictably is what keeps me coming back.

BaileyCatts and (deleted member) like this.
  3. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Very excited. I got into Scandal and fell in love immediately. It is one awesome show.

4. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

I'm more than ready for Scandal to be back!!! :biggrinbo

5. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

I thought I saw a commercial tonight that there was some kind of Scandal special on at 8p Thursday. Maybe some type of recap show? Just thought I'd mention it cause I don't see it in my TV Guide.

Scandal is a show I have to watch AND tape, and spend the weekend watching over and over again! I'm usually so stunned by something that just happened, I miss the next shocking thing that happens! :lol:

FiveRinger and (deleted member) like this.
  6. FiveRinger

^^You are right....just checked dvr. There are 2 episodes with Grey's Anatomy sandwiched in between. The first is a recap.

I re-watched both seasons about a month ago. I was glad I did. There is so much going on that it was good to be reminded of events. Plus it's good to see with fresh eyes for details that I missed the first time.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2013
  7. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Yay, finally!:cheer: I can still hear Olivia saying "Dad?"

8. A.H.Black

A.H.Black Well-Known Member

I have mentioned before that my niece works for the show. I don't think she will mind if I pass on her facebook comment from yesterday.

9. Artemis@BC

Lucky her!

10. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

I love this show. Cant wait for tomorrow.

11. Artemis@BC

(psst! AxelAnnie! It's tonight!)

AxelAnnie and (deleted member) like this.
  12. FiveRinger

OMG....I'm so jealous! I wish you could how green I really am! :lol:

13. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

Holy insane episode tonight! Scandal is BACK baby!!! :cheer2:

14. BigB08822

Scandal hasn't missed a beat! Great season opener. I want to know what was in that file!

15. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

I love Mellie Grant's crazy a**. I loved her rant about how boring it is to be first lady and that she wishes someone would give her the CIA to run :lol:

I thought the bunker scene was very well done, and I loved Olivia asking Mellie to stop calling her a whore...at least to her face.

Oh yea, and Fitz is a jerk.

16. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

The Greys are fighting and Thatcher is stepping up against Ellis. Wow, how time changes:skandal

17. Artemis@BC

And don't forget the scenes between Fitz and Sally! I'm glad they're developing her character -- she was too boring as a one-dimensional bible-thumping moral-highgrounder. They started giving her more depth last year, but the two scenes between Fitz and Sally last night were brilliant.

And Fitz as the leaker! I didn't see that coming (not that I spent that much time going through the possibles) ... but of course it makes perfect sense. Not to mention making perfect sense that it would be Mellie who figures it out.

My only complaint about the episode would be the weird transformation of Abbie's look. What's with the club makeup and highlights all of a sudden? Not attractive, imo.

I knew they'd be bringing Jake back somehow, so now we know just a tiny bit of the "how" he'll fit into future storylines. Can't wait til next week!

18. BigB08822

I was also really confused about Abby's look. Suddenly she has smokey eyes and a different hairstyle. That would work if this season picked up months after the last one left off but it is the same day! So during all of this she went out and got a makeover? What about continuity. She also looked rounder in the face. I wonder if the actress is pregnant? Or maybe the makeup change just makes the shape of her face look different.

19. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

20. Artemis@BC

Same day, yes, but Abby & the rest of the gladiators weren't actually in the scenes that took place on the day Season 2 left off. It was morning -- we saw Olivia get up, get dressed, and head out the door for her run (before work, we assume) before she was ambushed by the press. So I supposed it's possible Abby went out for her makeover in the day or three before that. So it wasn't the timing so much that I objected to, just that it was a very different look for her, and one I didn't care for. Pregnant? Maybe. I thought her face just looked rounder because of the different hair & makeup.

Mellie's hair was noticeably longer too but that was a more subtle change.

21. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Totally!!!

I'm now certain that Shonda is pouring all of her creative energy into this show that Grey's Anatomy is having its destined decline. This week's episode of GA was absolutely DREADFUL.

22. FiveRinger

Totally agree. I'm so glad to see Sally as something other than a righteous Bible thumper. Empathy actually looked good on her. Although she could have kept her opinion about Cyrus and James and their baby to herself.

This may answer your questions about Abby's makeover. Interesting.....http://www.elle.com/news/culture/darby-stanchfield-scandal-premiere Slight spoiler alert.

We saw a completely different side of Olivia and all I can say is wow!!! No one has effected her the way that her father does, including Fitz. My mouth dropped open when I saw the dressing down that he gave her. And her reaction! She reminded me of when I did something wrong as a kid and got gone off on and it was so painful that I would preferred to get my ass beat. I've heard similar speeches from my own parents, but not ever delivered quite like that! And I'm glad that we got some background on her as well. Although the info that was collected on her father wasn't true. Who the hell is Eli? Or was that fabricated to protected Rowan's true identity?

When I first started watching I thought that Fitz was this weak guy that just let people manipulate and use him for their own personal gain. It is good to see that Fitz is smarter than any of them, especially Mellie gives him credit for being. I am beginnng to see him as being more manipulative as she is, and that's a scary thought.

I wanted to feel sorry for Mellie. She makes it really hard to like her. She should be the empathetic figure. After all, it's her husband that's having the affair. She is the one her husband told (in front of his mistress) that he was in love with someone else. She's the one that is having to live a public lie. But she's such a bitch. She has ice in her veins that didn't just get there. If Fitz wasn't such a jerk I'd feel bad that he was married to her. But Mellie's problem is that she is smarter than everyone else. That's going to be her downfall.

Still loving Cyrus. His meltdowns are just epic. And yes, I want to know what the hell is in that file!

23. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Fantastic season premiere! :cheer:

The scenes between Olivia and her dad were fantastic. She looked like a little girl who'd gotten in trouble. Kerry and the actor who played her dad (name escapes me) killed it. I loved learning more about Olivia via the kill folder. Cyrus is such an intriguing character; I never know whether to trust him or not :watch: I also enjoyed Columbus Short's performance in this episode, and he looked super hot. I don't think he's used enough.

Mellie kills me; I think she's hilarious :rofl: I love a good TV Bitch. I was surprised to hear Fitz was the leak.

I also enjoyed the scene between Sally and Fitz; they made her more human and less of a charicature.

My only problem is that I still don't get why Olivia won't just dump Fitz and move the **** on :shuffle: He's easily my least favorite character. Suspension of disbelief, I needz it.

24. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Joe Morton. I loved him on Eureka and I think he's done guest spots on more shows than I can name. He's awesome.

That's my question. They're terrible for each other. They know it, their friends know it, even their enemies think Olivia and Fitz need to knock it off. But Shonda isn't going to let this die.

25. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Both Mellie and Olivia deserve better. They're both better politicians and smarter than Fitz.

I love Mellie, in all her super-ice-bitch craziness. "Give me the CIA to run or SOMETHING!" You go get that CIA, you wonderfully cray-cray maniac. I'm fully on Team Mellie, and not even because I think she's a likeable person. I just love it every time she's on my TV screen, and Bellamy Young does a fantastic job.

James deserves so much better and yet I just love him and Cyrus. I do. I really do. I love Cyrus. Hell, I love everyone, though I agree that Fitz is irritating. I really wish they'd get him more autonomy from all of the other characters. It's never felt that Fitz actually runs the country at all. Cyrus does most of the time. Mellie does sometimes. Olivia frequently does. Fitz? Not really. He just does what all of his manipulative friends tell him to do.

I am so happy this show is back.

That white coat was amazing.

26. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

^ Oh lawdy I would LOVE it if Mellie were running the CIA!! :rofl:

27. Artemis@BC

Kerry Washington was on The Daily Show last week -- and had some amusing things to say about the connections between the show and real life.

28. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Why is nobody talking about tonight's show yet?!

OMG, omg, omg! I want to talk about stuff but I'm worried that I may spoil for someone who's not watched yet and I don't know how to use spoiler tag!:drama:

ANYWAYS OMFG!:cheer::cheer2:

29. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Oh, it's a great interview. I really loved the energy.

btw, is Kerry really pregnant? If she is, I wonder how the writers are gonna write since we still have like 10 episodes remaining.

30. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Another great episode last night! The client story was interesting, as was the ongoing Pope mythology. Love Mellie drunk, sober, whatever :)

Not sure I'm clear on what happened to Huck and Eli Pope. I don't get the reason why he felt compelled to not shoot him but rather they guy in the trailer.

Glad Scott Foley is back.