Saved by the bell fans, help me!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by alchemy void, Nov 24, 2010.

1. alchemy void

alchemy void it's time for the perkolator

I was just informed of THIS tonight; it's a Saved by the Bell costume contest being held on Wednesday, December 1st!

Pretty sweet, right? But the best part is it's being hosted by Dennis Haskins! This might be the single most important night of my life! :rockstar: I'm so motivated to win this thing that I've not only asked for advice on facebook but posting a new thread on FSU, which is a very drastic measure, I know!

So the help I need with is who should I dress up as? And any good costume ideas? This is a recent picture of me (I'm the vain one fixing my hair in the mirror, not the greatest picture but the least tragic I have available right now :rofl:)

So any thoughts? Who should I dress up as? And any creative ways to do that? I can get some sweet early 90s clothes but want something to put me over the top so I can :grope: Dennis Haskins!

BTW right now facebook is split between me going as Zack or in drag as Jesse (which I'm not really into but will do it if it makes me the winner).

2. LordCirque

LordCirque New Member

It's hard to pick, since there isn't an obvious resemblance to any, but I'd probably go with Zack.

3. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

clearly you need to be Zack Morris with a brick and gray duct tape for the phone :rofl:

4. Quintuple

Quintuple papillon d'amour

Hmmmmmm.

Go as Violet Bickerstaff!

Or if you have a friend, as the Wondertwins or the Preppy Explosion (or whatever they were called) when they had the dance contest at The Max!

OOOOH. Don a leotard and leggings and go as Jessi when she was in Hot Fudge Sundae, popping caffeine pills to study for geometry so she could get into Stanford, and do the whole, "I'M SO EXCITED ... I'M SO EXCITED ... I'M SO ... SCARED!!!" thing!

5. DBZ

DBZ Well-Known Member

HA! That's EXACTLY what I initially thought!

No SBTB party/event/contest would be complete without someone referencing that iconic scene in pop culture. :lol::lol::lol:

On second thought, however, that probably means everyone will be doing it.

You can go as Zack and sing his "Cool School" theme song, maybe?

Good luck!

6. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Never watched the show, but the subject line caught my eye. Fans of Zack might want to look up the actor's recent appearance on Weeds - :smokin:

7. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

You should get a black sports coat(put the white stripe around it), don a weird wig like Mr Belding wore that one episode, and go as him. Then you can do the "hey hey hey" thing and everything lol.

8. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Go more obscure and go as Miss Bliss, from the early episodes.

9. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Why not Screech? Bad jacket, horrible hair and all!

10. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

...with the beret from the Russian Chess match episode!

11. Quintuple

Quintuple papillon d'amour

You MUST post photos of what you end up doing here.

Problem with the show is, there are very few episodes where they wore anything all that distinct. It's more about quotes and personality.

12. alchemy void

alchemy void it's time for the perkolator

Thanks guys for the suggestions. :respec: I have Tuesday off and I'm doing my shopping then. If I'm going as a girl, I'm going to be HAWT, damnit, so no Violet or Ms. Bliss for me (although she was quite a MILF, I guess).

Of course I'll share pictures, although it's definitely going to be a nopryde kind of night! :nopryde:

13. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Go as Lisa Turtle!

14. poths

poths Well-Known Member

if your going as a girl...it has to be lisa, on crutches with a red shoulder pad jacket, shorts.....and doing "The Sprain". ;)

15. poths

poths Well-Known Member

Photos????????

16. satchelpooch318

satchelpooch318 New Member

THIS. Awesome! And you can be HAWT in the outfit!

And sadly, as much as I love pill-popping Jesse channeling the Pointer Sisters, I agree that *everyone* and their mamas will wanna do the Hot Sundae thing. Best to go in another direction to win this.

ETA: Oh man, I didn't see that this happened already! Did you win? And did you get to meet Mr. Belding?