Sasha Cohen news/interviews

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, Feb 29, 2012.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Sasha Cohen has been doing publicity for the current U.S. Stars on Ice tour, and here are some links to recent interviews.

Interview ahead of the Chicago SOI stop: http://www.windycitymediagroup.com/lgbt/Figure-skater-Sasha-Cohen-on-college-Olympics/36385.html

Highlights of a live chat with figure skater Sasha Cohen in late January 2012 (ahead of the SOI show in Seattle): http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/olympics/2017356017_livechatcohen28.html

A complete transcript of the live chat is here: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/othersports/2017336127_webcohenchat25.html
    Excerpt:
    This reply below originally was posted in the SOI thread in GSD:

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Thanks for the newest interview in Chicago and Seattle. Hope her hip feels better. Thrilled for her for having found an interest in finance.

Could anyone of finance peeps opine about her chances in finance world? Would she have to get an MBA (I would think so)?

3. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Not for her first job out of college, but to reach the management level, she would likely need an MBA. Most MBA programs prefer applicants have at least 2 years of work experience in their field.

4. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

That's what I thought, thanks. Good luck to her--hope she makes it. We know she has the competitive drive to propel her.

5. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

I wonder if Sasha had surgery. Anyone I ever knew who broke a hip, had surgery, but, then again, they were elderly. I know that we have some medical people here, is surgery a necessity for a broken hip?

I think it is terrific that Sasha is in school. She tweets about it a lot and appears to love it. Good for her!

6. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

We have seriously all fallen down on the job for not knowing our Sasha suffered such a serious injury!!

Even if it was a hairline or stress fracture, that's a serious joint!

Maofan7 and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

A broken hip is one of the nastiest injuries possible, my dad had to get a rod inserted when he broke his falling off a horse. He could always tell when it was going to rain. (and he didn't even have breasts ;), so there was never a 20% chance that it was already raining..)

(I personally think Sasha would make an excellent meteorologist)

She's grown up so much since we first watched her, I miss her skating and style a lot. I'm glad she's still able to skate and do what she loves!

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.
  8. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Read a bit of Sasha's twitter as well as the articles: this girl is super human. On the weekend she does the SOI tour, wherever it may be, flies back to NYC red eye on Sunday, goes to school from Monday to Wednesday. Thursday is her weekend and Friday is the tour again.

So she flew in from wherever the tour was on Monday, studied for a midterm, took the midterm, went out with friends to swanky restaurants and Broadway shows, worked out, signed up for the women's rugby team at Columbia and all this between Monday and Wednesday night. I get tired just typing this.

Now she says she's been packing for her flight to California cuz the tour is coming to San Jose this weekend. How. does. she. do it???? :eek:

9. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

I really don't think that it was "out there". Obviously, she never tweeted about it.

10. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

Where is Sasha going to school? I am actually pleasantly surprised by this. Glad she moved on from trying to be an actress.

Sasha was always very determined and a hard worker-I think that is evident if you look at what she accomplished in 2010. No matter where she placed at nationals, that comeback was not easy (just one example of many). So I am not surprised to hear of her hectic schedule that she has and being able to keep up with it.

11. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

Columbia.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  12. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

When I was about 19 I got a broken pelvis in a MVA. I was riding a motorbike and a car t-boned me. I went flying about 30 ft and landed on my backside. Ouch. Didn't need surgery. 2 weeks in bed then 6 weeks on crutches.

Don't know how you can have a broken hip and not need crutches. Surely someone would have noticed if Sasha was on crutches. I guess she really wanted to keep it quiet.

13. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

Iirc she goes to the same program Tim goebel and "real housewife" Kelly bensimon did.
    so different than like the hughes sisters who went more traditional ivy full time iirc.

14. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

You don't always need surgery with a hip fracture. Depends on the fracture.

15. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

I know right? This injury is news to me! :confused: Anyway, hope Sasha fully recovers. :)

Go Sasha for making the most of her college experience. :cheer::cheer2:

The rugby team? I AM behind the Sasha-times! That ROCKS!! :sasha1::rockstar::respec:

How do you know for sure she's moved on from acting? Has she made a statement to this effect? Last I heard she still goes to auditions.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I am ashamed, particularly as a Sasha fan. :drama: Totally asleep at the wheel.

17. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

^^^ no kidding! Don't know how we missed it.

18. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

From the unedited Seattle Times chat transcript (link posted above):

19. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

Isn't rugby a rather rough sport? I would think that if the broken hip still interferes with her jumping (even if the interference is mental/psychological) it would also interfere with her participation on a women's rugby team.

20. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Rugby can be rough but I doubt it compares to the repetitive pounding a hip receives from practicing and landing triples. It's a different kind of pounding.

21. berthesghost

skating judges and movie producers control your life, but college professors don't. college is all about you being in control. riiiiiggghhhhhttttt. :lol:

22. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

??? College professors- for the most part- do not control your life nearly as much as casting directors, when nothing is predictable. Curriculum does, but one knows it much more in advance than a casting notice.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2012
  23. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Have you been to college, just curious?

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  24. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

I have admit that it almost brings a tear to my eye to see Sasha so grown up, but it's great that she seems to be really enjoying herself and actively working on a life beyond skating.

25. berthesghost

Columbia.

26. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Oh you poor downtrodden, victimized college student. :puppet:

27. berthesghost

:lol: true. But nothing compared to how poor sashi was abused by skating judges and film producers. :p

28. lotte86

lotte86 New Member

29. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

Well I guess I don't know for sure. She has not mentioned it in forever and it seems as though she has other priorities so...that is how I came to the conclusion that she moved on from trying to be an actress.

30. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!