Samuelson & Bates move to Canton (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by azskatefan, Apr 28, 2010.

1. azskatefan

azskatefan New Member

http://www.usfigureskating.org/Story.asp?id=44554&type=media

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. chipso1

chipso1 Well-Known Member

Just announced: here

3. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

Um HELLO! This shows up as "Samuelson and Bates split" from the main page. Are you trying to kill me. :fragile:

coaching change oh...

4. chipso1

((((BR))))

BlueRidge and (deleted member) like this.
  5. BlueRidge

phew, much better thread title. lets keep this one

6. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I KNOW! :rofl:

7. shallwedansu

shallwedansu New Member

On the main page under last post topics, this thread comes up as "Samuelson and Bates split..." I was :eek: when I first saw it.

But the news of coaching change isn't all that great either. :( Why does everyone go to Shpilband and Zoueva? Do all the U.S. ice dancers love Michigan that much? :confused:

8. BlueRidge

Well they were already in Michigan, and aren't they UM students? I suppose they would want to stay in Michigan? So this makes sense from that point of view.

:scream:

9. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

Yeah...

At least their toe point and posture are too good for Zueva & Shpilband to destroy? I was hoping they would go to Krylova & Camerlengo

10. dncrgrl

dncrgrl New Member

Exactly! That title will make a lot of people upset...!

11. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

And Evan's roommates (Charlie White, Alex Shibutani) already train with Shpilband/Zoueva. It's going to make for some interesting competition at Nats this coming year, with at least 4 top teams (Samuelson/Bates, Davis/White, Shibutani/Shibutani, Chock/Zuerlein) all in the Shpilband/Zoueva camp.

12. BlueRidge

I'd have had a HEART ATTACK seeing this title from the main page, but I had a head-ups about the coaching change so I realized it must be that. Or I'd be dead. But some other folks might not have that advantage. So maybe we can merge the two threads and keep the OTHER THREAD TITLE

13. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Marina/Igor now have more or less a monopoly at Arctic Edge. I don't think it's actually good for ice dance in the US.

14. chipso1

SORRY. Yeesh. It's impossible to know how the thread title will show up on the main page.

15. Taso

Taso Well-Known Member

I think it's pretty awful, actually...

16. BlueRidge

Its okay. :lol: I'm just being overly DRAMATIC just for the hell of it. :shuffle:

And I see lovely ADMIN has fixed the problem. Thank you lovely Adminny.

17. BlueRidge

Its really kind of distressing. We need more than one coaching team and top teams from different coaches. How did we end up like this?

18. ilovesalchows

ilovesalchows Well-Known Member

Yeahhhh! This coaching duo is my guilty pleasure, I love everything they do.

19. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

i.e Zueva/Shpilband continue their ascent on world domination.

;)

Nah, I guess it's good for them, although how much coaching time will they actually get?! As their 3rd team, I wonder how much Z/S will actually care about them? I dunno, maybe I'm being a little cynical. I hope at least they get more interesting programmes, because I thought what S/B put out this year was pretty dull.

20. reckless

reckless Well-Known Member

I had heard that S/B were having issues with their old coaches. Canton was the only real option because of school, but I wonder what will happen long term. Something is going to have to give. From their bios, it looks like Evan has one more year of college and Emily has two, so if they waited to move again until she graduates, they would only have a year-and-a-half with a new coach before the next Olympics.

21. Valentina

Valentina New Member

yayyyy all top US team will look like the same now.

22. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Good for Emily and Evan - they need to do something fresh for next season.Greate for USA Nationals - it will be strong 4 years rivality with D-W.
    Not good for another Canton skaters from USA (C-Z, Sh-Sh).
    And i feel sorry for Yaroslava and Yurii - they worked with this guys from there childrehood. Have they another high level skaters in there group?

And its interesting, that S-B moving to Canton was announsed in the same day with V-M future plans. Will see, but i feel V-M will retried.
    And at USA Nationals Igor and Marina will coached all ice-dancers& :lol:

23. pani

pani Well-Known Member

I think with Z-Sh they could repeat D-W way before this year OG and overcome numver 1 ice dance team in USA just before OG ;) Its look realistick for me - Meryl will 27 in Sochi.

24. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

Oh, another coaching change.

:drama:

Well, I hope everything goes well with them!

:cheer2:

25. BlueRidge

:lol:

Except the Hubbahubbells. Unless they are moving too... :shuffle:

26. Valentina

Valentina New Member

i forgot about them, but i'm sure if Marina and Igor saty a few extra hours at the rink they can coach the Hubbahubbells too :D

27. Fallcolor

Fallcolor New Member

Yay my wish came true! I've been wanting them to leave their old coaches for quite some time now. :cheer:
    They're currently my favourite American dance team, (I wayy prefer her than Meryl), so whatever changes they make, I hope they will become the top US dance team within a couple of years, looking on to Sochi. Good luck Emily and Evan!! :cheer2:

28. Ageless

Ageless Member

Not to hijack this thread, but who is still training in Ann Arbor?

29. gkelly

gkelly Well-Known Member

It wouldn't be the first time. Wasn't it 1998 when all of the top 5 US senior teams were with Shpilband?

And yeah, they pretty much did.

30. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

I hope Emily Samuelson doesn't end up looking like a stick figure.