Samsung All That Skate Summer 2012 (Aug 24~26)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by RunnersHigh, Jul 10, 2012.

1. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Active Member

"Samsung Galaxy SⅢ ★ Smart Aircon Q" All That Skate Summer 2012 will be held on Aug 24, 25, 26 at the Olympic Park Gymnastics Arena in Seoul.

http://sports.news.nate.com/view/20120710n16333

Skaters known as of now.
    • Alexei Konstantinovich Yagudin.
    • Joannie Rochette.
    • Tatiana Totmianina & Maxim Marinin.

Wow! They're all new in Yuna's Ice show. :cheer: and Yuna will perform new gala(s). :cheer2:

Teasure from puretea's post: http://youtu.be/B3ts61Okv6Q

ETA: Tickets will be available at 19:00 on July 19 from Interpark ticket(http://ticket.interpark.com).

I knew 1 more male skater and pair team but it's not official. :swoon:
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2012
  2. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

So, right when Champs Camp is supposed to be. That might limit her US skaters a bit.
  3. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Yagudin and Joannie! WOW
  4. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

What a shame! I thought it was about time Jeremy or Ashley skates in Yuna's shows:(

I wonder if that new program would be her new sp or lp.
  5. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Announcing a big comeback just before ticket sales for her show.

This is type of thing why some people doubt her sincerity for competing again.
  6. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Jeremy was in ATS summer 2010 and Spring 2011, and Ashley in ATS LA in 2010. Anyway, I'm fine with fewer US skaters, it's not like there's any shortage of great skaters from other countries... so far it's looking good.

I think Brian Joubert may be going; several recent articles/interviews have mentioned he has shows in South Korea in August.
  7. Simba

Simba New Member

Actually, it will be held at Seoul Olympic Park Gymnastics Arena (same place where ATS Spring was held).
  8. RunnersHigh

Oops!!!! My bad again... I corrected! Thanks!
  9. puretea

puretea New Member

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  10. lakewood

lakewood New Member

The show is only 3 days event with total income at most comparable to her one endorsement fee, whereas the decision will affect her life permanently. I think you don't understand the importance of the decision.
  11. RunnersHigh

12. os168

os168 Active Member

Great news, 2 new super stars on the roster. 2 new programs, we are in for a treat.

Oh yeah because she REALLY need EXTRA help to sellout tickets in Korea!! :lol:

Some people will always looking to pick on her and her management irrespective of what she does to. She has always said she will announce her decision before the summer.
  13. ali_dorate

ali_dorate New Member

Wow! I love this. Can't wait to see her new programs. But I also wanna see "Someone like you" again.
  14. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

I wouldn't buy into what Yuna Kim's seven dwarfts are saying so easily.
    Her last show wasn't exactly an instant sellout.
    julieann and (deleted member) like this.
  15. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

:rolleyes: @ the negativity already. She is ranked number 1 in the first half among the top Korean celebs/sports stars income wise. She doesn't need the money. As for her sincerity? She will undergo training and it's a risky decision to compete again especially if you already won everything with all her injuries etc. some are still questioning it. What else is new.
  16. os168

os168 Active Member

I thought you were formally one... grumpy! :lol:
  17. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

I'm relieved you have seen the new light. :D
  18. RunnersHigh

Thank you, It's good news for me. My opportunity to buy tix are widening! The only problem is how can I get the front line tix(K&C and SR). :( Last time those tix're all gone right after the site opened. :eek:

Anyway, RF call me if you'd be there. I'll wait you around there every day. My home? Just in 5 mins. :encore:

galaxy! rain check or take this! if you want, I'll give you a ticket you want. ;) Don't worry! There're lots of Japanese audiences in every Yuna's show and they went home back in one piece.
  19. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

If she is so popular, why can't she find a more elegant way to make more money, such as skating a half-decent exhibition number for a change, instead of selling her intention to compete,

I've seen how her attempt to use the 2011 Worlds as a promotion tool end up, getting toasted by Ando the run-down pickup truck.

It didn't end up well then, and chances are, something similar won't go well in the future.
  20. lauravvv

lauravvv Well-Known Member

Her exhibitions are more than half-decent. If it's all just about technical content (t.i., jumps) for you, that's another thing. But, imho, an exhibition is just fine without difficult jumps if it has different qualities, like good choreo, musicality and performing talent. All of which Yuna and her exhibition programs have. Besides, the amount of watches on all her exhibition videos tell their own story (not in the sense that everything getting a lot of watches is automatically good, but it sure tells something about popularity). Not to mention all the ovations and screaming that she gets at her shows :lol:. And I am telling all of that even though I can't be considered a real fan.
  21. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

Jeez, Rumblefish. What did Yuna do to turn you against her? :confused:
  22. RunnersHigh

I think it's his/her way to love someone else. Not that different the way ordinary person love others. So *natural*!

I mean How can a human being love others in every aspect for years. Ups and Downs. Joy, anger, sorrow and pleasure.
  23. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

The tickets will sell regardless of what she does on the ice, but actually Yu-Na has pretty decent exhibitions. The production values for the ATS shows are among the best around if not the best, and they have top-notch casts each and every time, so the people in the audience are getting their money's worth. And the shows create income not just for her but for a lot of others, including the participating skaters - I'm sure it's helpful for them in funding their own training and expenses.

I have no idea why you think all this is a bad thing.
  24. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I think she got a restraining order and it went downhill from there ;)
    Sylvia and (deleted member) like this.
  25. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Maybe all RF needs is a therapy. To get his feelings sorted out. (Just kiddin', you know that, right?:slinkaway)
  26. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Simple. Provoking nationalistic uberisim in order to gain and profit, which I find very Hitler like.

I feel that I'm very supportive of her skating, otherwise.
  27. EricRohmer

EricRohmer New Member

Yuna will perform 1 new gala. :D
  28. lauravvv

Double post :shuffle:
  29. lauravvv

Yes, I was quite surprised to read about 2 new galas :D. One is already great, considering that she'll have little time for that, as she has to train for the competitive season a lot now.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  30. os168

os168 Active Member

Dude, you are mixing up your politics, metaphors and making sensationalist claims for the sake of controversy. Too much studying in history/politics have clearly mixed up your delicate little mind!

Nationalistic, patriotism are not exclusive to Koreans or Yuna Kim ... nor are profit. I know because these past years with the Royal Wedding, Queen's Jublee, Olympics where anything with a Union Jack can get sold out easily in Britain for profit and I have no problem with it. It is about people's freedom to choose and feel good about themselves. They happen to have something to celebrate, so what's the problem? I'd imagine the same with US flags during important times, along with other nationalities during theirs.

Hitler has nothing to do with it for sure. It is hardly 'salute or die' message! Although if you feel that strongly, I certainly have no business stopping you :D
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  31. allezfred

allezfred Prick Admin Staff Member

Aside from the whole thinking she is comparable to Hitler thing anyway. :rofl:
  32. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

To put it simply, I find it awfully dumb and think it leads to lots of waste.
    I have a little more to say about this matter, but I don't feel this board is the right place.

But I don't have problems with you exercizing your freedom to choose innocently by covering up yourself in Union Jack. ;) What I dislike is pushing nationalism to other for one's gain, or using it as a mean of control.
    Last edited: Jul 11, 2012
  33. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Run Yuna run!
  34. RunnersHigh

https://twitter.com/AllThatSkate

:wuzrobbed
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012
  35. vexlak

vexlak Member

36. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

^^ The skaters in the video are all previous cast:D
  37. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

So when will The Kween be announced?
  38. lauravvv

Brian Joubert, as Zemgirl mentioned? Lambiel, probably Kurt Browning? As for the pair - Sale/Pelletier again? Although I think that it's time for Savchenko/Szolkowy to peform at 'All That Skate' again.

Sorry, I just can't wait to know the full cast :).
  39. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  40. lily

lily Active Member

I heard about Joubert and Savchenko&Szolkowy. Does Lambiel get an invitation and is he able to participate with his health...