Samantha Brick

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by UGG, Apr 4, 2012.

1. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

She has now admitted that that incident was many years ago, and that she cobbled together about half a dozen moments of men doing stuff for her over her entire life for the article.

How many women can't come up with around a half a dozen incidents of men doing such stuff to hit on them from their entire lives?

She is, however, still insisting she is always the best looking woman in a room.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...mantha-Brick-ten-out-of-ten-men-fancy-me.html

2. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

So I've ignored mentions of this woman and finally read it today. Crazy!
    There may be some rooms where she is the best looking woman, but I can't imagine many. She is not young looking, she looks her age, or older (I'd have thought she was close to 50). In general "beautiful" women look younger than they are.

Her smile is very forced and somewhat crooked, not at all natural, but really it is the neck that gives away her age. Maybe it is my American perspective, and a different standard of beauty that I'm applying - she does have a very British look - but I would say she is ordinary looking, but that she does try to present herself well (I myself don't bother with makeup ever, and I know I look better when I have it done).

She is slender and looks healthy, so I'll give her that.

But seriously- she's crazy.

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. bek

bek Guest

Well maybe she was a lot prettier when she was younger. Also some people don't photograph well... Still she's ridiculous to say she's always the prettiest in the room
    I can't help wondering if maybe SHE is the one who purposely tries to stay away from women who may look better than her.

4. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Don't hate me because I'm beautiful...hate me because I'm conceited!

julieann and (deleted member) like this.
  5. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Yea, she looked better coming right out of the room......and to think she's always the prettiest room makes me wonder about the company she's keeping. I remember my grandmother telling me about being single and making sure that all of her girlfriends were less attractive than she was ON PURPOSE! :rofl:

6. Prancer

Prancer Dysteleological Staff Member

7. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

:rofl:

8. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Only until he's extradited and charged with phone hacking Why, he's just building on his fine accomplishments in British journalism, of course. North America is unlucky to have him.

9. CynicElle

CynicElle Well-Known Member

10. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

That was hysterical. I especially love the woman just giving him a poppy. It goes to show how someone self-deluded really could interpret normal situations to mean they are special.

I just watched a TV clip of Ms. Brick. I think both the host and the psychologist talking to her (though her eye make up was too dark) were more attractive, and the host was probably older. I had only seen headshots. I didn't realize she had quite so much belly!

Have you all seen ridiculously photogenic guy?
    http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/04/ridiculously-photogenic-guy-goes-viral/
    http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/280031-samantha-bricks-column
    He ought to write an article. Of course, other people granted him that title...

11. Smiley0884

Smiley0884 New Member

LOL, I definitely had a good laugh reading the articles in this thread! I think my favorite part was how she contradicted herself by insisting how :drama: it was to have to deal with the fact that men are "too intimidated" to approach her because they think they have "no chance", but then claims about all of these grandiose gestures that men do to get her attention! :rofl: IME, if a guy wants to approach you he'll do just that because that's his personality. I think for the most part the way a guy tries to get a girls attention has more to do with his own personality and way of doing things rather than because the girl looks a certain way. Some guys are more laid back in their approach and some like to make a spectacle of themselves. But of course she has to make it all about her since she's so wonderful and GORGEOUS!!! :p

Everyone has different views of beauty, but I thought she really wasn't anything special. I think Skittl1321 summed it up pretty well. An average/decent looking woman who dresses well and presents herself well. Good for her. I know much more attractive women that don't encounter even 1% of the "hate" she claims to get from women based on her "looks".

IME, every once in a while I encounter someone that doesn't care for me for whatever reason, but I don't automatically assume because it's I'm JUST. SO. AWESOME. And they jus jellusss. Sometimes some people just don't mesh well. I can picture her not "meshing" with very many people ;)

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  12. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Which makes the fact that she wrote this article even more ridiculous.

13. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

So at some recent point she was not the slender and drop dead gorgeous woman she claims she is now and always has been. :rolleyes:

I thought in the other pictures she didn't look like she had a fabulous body, anyway. Definitely not hourglass curves. Not that she looks bad, but not a body that would make men die over her as she is claiming.

How come no one will pay any of us for writing delusional crap about ourselves? We could all do it!

14. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Have you tried?

15. genevieve

you can tell in all her full body shots...but it just looks like normal middle age spread (or what used to be normal middle age spread before women weren't supposed to have any spread, anywhere, ever :lol: ).

I think there's something to be said that thoroughly average looking people can be attractive. And I think this situation demonstrates that someone who's not a complete knockout who has a ton of confidence in their looks certainly does piss people off - how DARE this woman think anyone would go out of their way to flirt with her?!? Of course, Ms Brick comes across as delusional and antagonistic in her articles, so it's hard to side with her (which is the whole point, I'm sure), but she's got a point in there somewhere. I don't think it's the one she thinks it is or wants it to be, but it's there.

16. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

IMO beautiful women (which she is NOT) don't automatically encounter hostility from other women. It's the entitled way some of them act plus coming on to other women's men that make women shun them. (Hate is too strong a word, I doubt anyone stays up nights burning with hate for her.)

17. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Yes.

18. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I'm sure all of us have come across average-looking people who are attractive because they have charisma and confidence and are well put-together. I'm sure we come across them all the time, actually.

It's Ms. Brick's hostility that turns people off of that article, and off her. :p

19. genevieve

But the first thing people say when they respond is....."eh, she's not all that". hey, I thought it too!

20. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Of course. It's simply people's kneejerk reaction to a lofty claim. "Oh yeah, try me!"

I don't think we need to read any deep sociological messages in that.

21. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

She was interviewed for Good Morning America yesterday. She's for real. She's a nut job. She claims that since she has come out about the painfulness off being staggeringly beautiful, women have been emailing, Tweeting, texting her saying terrible things. Thus proving how hated she is because of her beauty. I really tried to get a sense that this was a joke. But, no, she really believes it. She reminds me, a very little bit, of Hayley Mills, but not as pretty. The woman is nice looking, certainly not a freak (well, except for mentally). But beautiful? :rofl:

22. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member