Samantha Brick

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by UGG, Apr 4, 2012.

1. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

2. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I was laughing so hard. She is pretty average looking, if you ask me...

flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I saw that yesterday. She is o.k. looking, but nothing to write home about... :confused:

4. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

She has a pretty high opinion of herself. I thought she is just average looking. Asked my husband, with no context, just the picture and he said she was an average looking woman as well. Not unattractive, but not particularly worth a second look.

I wonder what has led to her notion that she is so amazingly beautiful. And if her stories of men falling all over her are true, I wonder how she is dressing and acting. Because I can't see it being her generally average appearance.

5. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

"This pretty"? With that five-head, limp stringy hair and obvious blonde-dye job (which probably is a big cause of the limp stringiness)? And there is something really "off" in her facial symmetry.

If she thinks she is the 21st century version of Lillie Langtree (who WAS considered to be one of the most beautiful women of her time), she is sadly mistaken.

6. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

people...it's the Daily Mail :lol:

7. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Now gen, you know some people just have to knock others down.

8. genevieve

I'm just amused to find out that the reason none of my friends asked me to be a bridesmaid for them was because of my devastating good looks! :glamor:

9. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I was always the most gorgeous woman in the room. Just ask me.

Habs and (deleted member) like this.
  10. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

I had to check the date to see if it was written April Fools Day, or not.

11. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

It's a lose-lose situation for everyone, isn't it? Because if you disagree with her then you validate her point in her eyes, and if you agree with her, then clearly something is wrong with your head. ;)

Clearly she is cray-cray. Maybe she does get special treatment, but I doubt it is completely uninitiated. :p

julieann and (deleted member) like this.
  12. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Is this for real? :rofl: It reminds me of something from The Onion.

13. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Seriously. I question just how much "flirting" she does and how she's dressing. Because I have seen Beautiful-with-a-capital-B women, and Ms Brick, you aren't it. ("More Kate Middleton than Katie Price?" Honey, I suggest you not enter a beauty contest with EITHER of them and I am not one of the latter's biggest fans.) If THAT many women think she's coming on to their husbands, well...either there are a staggeringly disproportionate number of rocky marriages in her neighborhood or she's onto something.

I think Jay from Leeds nailed it in the comments: "No, love, they don't hate you because you're beautiful (which you're not really), they hate you because you're a smug, self-satisfied, deluded, vacuous idiot."

Keiko from Toronto also gets an O SNAP in: "If the woman in this article is so plagued by the burden of her looks, tell her to wear a burkha. Problem solved."

14. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I can understand the response that she isn't really that great-looking, but that response bothers me because it does seem like a lot of women are responding that way. The problem isn't that she's not beautiful - it's that she's horrifically conceited and holier-than-thou in the most shockingly off-handed way.

Her looks don't matter, really. I mean, if she was absolutely gorgeous, would what she wrote have been any less awful? I'm sure there are people who feel how she feels who genuinely have some measure of reason for it, but there is a way to put that in writing that isn't this... high-handed. High-handed isn't even a good word for it. This is one of the most ridiculous things I have read. It's just so thoroughly arrogant in the worst possible way.

15. FunnyBut

FunnyBut Well-Known Member

I actually do think she is rather pretty. But the overwhelming impression I get of her is that she is totally narcissistic. I think the negative reactions she gets from other women is more for her vanity and ego than for her being threatenly beautiful. But it's easy to see how she'd interpret the situation differently.

julieann and (deleted member) like this.
  16. genevieve

I think it's more her imagination. Take a look at the link to the 2nd article - she says that women have piled on her making awful comments, but when you look at the comments helpfully listed below, you can see plenty of negative comments from men. But no, it's only women who are attacking her! out of jealousy!

But again - it's the Daily Mail, and the whole point of it is to rile people up about ordinary people who have deluded themselves. Well played!

17. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Im not convinced this is real but if it is, wow. The woman has a legitimate mental issue. Can narcissism be considered so severe that it is a mental disorder? She makes a very strong case. My favorite part is how she has never been asked to be a bridesmaid because she is too beautiful. Yeah, I am sure that's the reason you have never been a bridesmaid in over 40 years. :rofl: I don't think the article mentions past relationships or marriages except that she has been married for 4 years. If you are so beautiful and can't go anywhere without men falling all over you, then why did you get married at such an older age and to someone from another country, of all places. (who happens to look like a gay leather daddy)

18. MINAM

MINAM The "NICE" Admin Staff Member

I can't believe that the reason women hates her is because of her looks. What a wild imagination! LOL

19. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Yup. I'm taking classes with a few modelesque, downright GORGEOUS women and they are extremely nice and down-to-earth. One of them was even legitimately :confused: when we told her men don't hit on us 24/7 or follow us home all the time. :rofl:

But I ain't gonna hate on Ms. Brick, it's good :watch:

20. rjblue

rjblue Re-registered User

I've had people think I was "blatantly blanking" them as a drove by without waving. My driving instructor drilled me to not look in the cars I was approaching, or be distracted by waving to people.

I worked with a stunningly beautiful natural blonde and curvy woman this past summer. The men I worked with couldn't help but enjoy being around her- but the women I worked with loved her even more, because she was such a mature, pleasant, intelligent young woman.

21. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

And that's the thing. Plenty of attractive people have a superior attitude, like the woman writing this article, and then think the reason people don't like them is because they're "jealous". But plenty of attractive people have lovely personalities and have no trouble getting along with others. Sometimes it feels like so much rests of looks, but personality really does matter more. No matter how pretty someone is, if they're constantly unpleasant, no one is going to want to be around them for long.

22. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Anyone read any of her other articles? Like "I use my sex appeal to get ahead at work... and so does ANY woman with any sense" - sorry, bitch, but *I* get ahead at work because I'm damn good at my job and I clear my desk and task list Every. Single. Day. Not because I flirt with my male co-workers and the president of the company - or "My husband will divorce me if I get fat" - um, yeah... considering he's hardly a looker himself, balding and has a gut...? I know how I'd respond if a guy said that he was with me because of the size of my waistline.

23. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

She's the type of columnist that's called a "Brenda" in the UK. I don't know the origin of the name, but they're female columnists who bitch and whine about nothing in particular, or say outrageous things, just to fill space and/or draw attention to themselves. They're also very competitive with each other. I wouldn't be surprised if this woman actually doesn't think she's really all that attractive, but wrote those columns just to get a reaction and attention.

24. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

My Asian relatives would have something very upsetting to say to her about that. :shuffle:

25. Michalle

Michalle New Member

I know the focus should be on her shallowness and narcissism but I do think when you write a column like this in which you make outlandish claims about your attractiveness, it's hard for people to avoid pointing out when the reality doesn't match the delusion. This woman is ordinary looking, at best.

26. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Yes the guys on the basketball forum I post at are not holding back on what they think of this woman. They can be a tough bunch though. I think somehow she filters out the negative from the guys and considers all women jealous of her incredible beauty. Delusional...

27. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I read both articles, and this chick is a self-deluded nut. Per Wikipedia: "narcissism" usually is used to describe some kind of problem in a person or group's relationships with self and others. In everyday speech, "narcissism" often means egoism, vanity, conceit, or simple selfishness. Applied to a social group, it is sometimes used to denote elitism or an indifference to the plight of others. In psychology, the term is used to describe both normal self-love and unhealthy self-absorption due to a disturbance in the sense of self."

Her picture should be inserted next to that definition, right next to the picture of Narcissus.

28. Scintillation

Scintillation New Member

I've met both men and women who fit this personality type, and any interaction with them was easily the least favorite part of my day.
    Thank you, idiot editor, who thought it would be a good idea to give this woman a place to write her dumbass thoughts down. Her columns are a waste of space.

29. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

That basically sums up the entire writing style of the Daily Mail!

30. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

I think she is so wrapped up in herself that she cannot see reality and just makes these stories up in her head. Like the captain of the airplane giving her champagne. I mean come on. He had a bottle of unopened champagne in his cockpit and opened it just for you? I wonder if she got her head out of her ass and looked around how many other passengers she would have seen sipping on some as well...