Sad news: Glee star Cory Monteith found dead today in Vancouver

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by dardar1126, Jul 14, 2013.

1. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I just read on the Yahoo news site that the guy who plays brody and the girl who plays marley are engaged.
    Must be something in the water at the glee set.
    I am waiting on pins and needles to find out what was the results of Cory's autopsy. I hope it wasn't a drug overdose. I t would be easier to take if it was a heartatack or some other organ failure than if he had done it to himself by taking more drugs.

2. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Apparently the toxicology results will be shared in the next few days because of the level of interest in the case.

3. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20717391,00.html?xid=email-peopledaily-20130715AM-20717391

Cory Monteith Was 'In Great Spirits' Two Days Before Death
    By MARY GREEN
    07/14/2013 at 11:00 PM EDT

Excerpt:

http://www.people.com/people/gallery/0,,20717358,00.html?xid=email-peopledaily-20130715AM-20717363

Cory Monteith & Lea Michele: Their Love Story (in photos)
    How the couple's reel-to-real romance grew from cozy costar days to tough togetherness

http://www.billboard.com/articles/n...ry-monteith-at-nyc-concert?utm_source=twitter

Matthew Morrison Pays Tribute to Cory Monteith at NYC Concert
    By Kimberly Nordyke, The Hollywood Reporter | July 15, 2013 9:05 AM EDT

Excerpt:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2013
  4. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

This is really sad. My heart goes out to his friends, family and everyone who loved him. RIP, Cory. :(

5. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

One thing to remember is that it is very dangerous to use again after going through detox and getting clean. The person often goes right back to using the same amount they did before but they forget that because they are clean they no longer have the kind of tolerance they used to. They end up taking an overdose that just months ago would have only been enough for a good high. I am afraid this is what happened to him.

6. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

I'd take that with a pinch of salt...given other reports they were getting married. Even if it is true, Lea can't be held accountable for Cory's emotional dependence on drugs, assuming it was indeed an OD.

That's precisely what happened to a friend of mine :(

OliviaPug and (deleted member) like this.
  7. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Maybe we shouldn't be speculating on what happened to him until there is more definitive information. The only thing that seems to be sure at this point is that foul play was not involved.

8. BigB08822

I don't see anything wrong with speculating. We are all thinking it and no one is talking bad about him if he did die from drugs. We all understand it is a horrible disease, no one is judging from what I can tell.

9. Simone411

Simone411 aka IceSkate98

10. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

It's sad and what will be sadder is if it's found that his death was b/c of drugs. I guess we'll find out...

11. screech

Naya Rivera (Santana) released an official statement.
    This seems to show that things were still good between him and Lea...

Simone411 and (deleted member) like this.
  12. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

But we don't even know if he died from drugs or from something else. That is what I am saying maybe we should wait to find out.

13. lmarie086

lmarie086 Well-Known Member

I can't link the article (not good at doing that on the new phone just yet) but I just read an article earlier that said that Lea was looking forward to starting a family with him in the future. I can't even begin to imagine how she's feeling- they seemed like they were really good for each other. So sad.

I stopped watching Glee during season 3, but even when he annoyed me Finn was a great character, and there will be a huge hole on the show now. Cory seems to have been a really amazing person, and it's sad that he had so many struggles.

Thinking of his family, friends and Lea.

14. screech

Apparently the first 5 episodes were already written and were pretty Finn heavy. As wrong as it seems to be thinking about the show right now, it is going to be a struggle for the writers to rewrite everything. Most shows go back to production in mid to late July to be ready for their September premiere dates, so unless the premiere is pushed back, it will be a struggle to get everything redone in time.

15. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I was totally shocked and saddened when the news of Cory's death flashed across my TV screen this weekend. :fragile: I'm still finding it hard to believe. Gone much, much too young (same age as my nephew). :( Condolences to his family, loved ones, and friends.

16. dardar1126

Twitter:

17. dramagrrl

dramagrrl New Member

Nope - the guy who plays Ryder (Blake Jenner) and the girl who plays Marley (Melissa Benoist) are apparently engaged.

18. screech

19. dardar1126

http://www.billboard.com/articles/c...y-monteith-thoughts-on-losing-glees-heartbeat

Cory Monteith: Thoughts on Losing 'Glee's Heartbeat

By Rae Votta | July 14, 2013 11:00 PM EDT

Excerpt:

20. BigB08822

Which is why it's just speculation. I think we are all mature enough to know the difference.

numbers123 and (deleted member) like this.
  21. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

This is a really lovely article about Cory and the death of teen idols in general. I think it's been written with a lot of consideration.

22. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

^^^
    That's a fine, and measured article.

23. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

24. dardar1126

O**M**G...this just adds to the senselessness of his death! :eek:

25. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

So sad :(

Anyone who has ever tried to quit something knows how hard it is - whether it be food, drink, cigarettes, a person....or drugs. He could have fallen back in with an old, bad crowd, or had a bad day, or anything.

May he at least be a cautionary tale :(

26. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

:( His death was sad enough, but the fact that it was self-inflicted makes it even worse. :(

27. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I hope that this doesn't cause the public to think his death less of a tragedy.
    Addiction is a terrible disease; often stronger than even a sincere desire to end one's abuse.

28. dardar1126

If anything, I think this news makes it MORE of a tragedy...so freaking sad! :(

29. BigB08822

I am going to make an assumption here: Cory was doing drugs and drinking with friends the night he died.

Ok, with that assumption in mind: I always wonder how these friends feel after one of their own dies from an overdose. How would I feel knowing that I was doing drugs with a friend who had been in rehab and he ended up dead the next day? I would feel so guilty. Not everyone has the same addiction problems, some people can use drugs and be fine and go about their life and not use again for weeks or months. But if you know someone is an addict and you use with them and they die...wow, how horrible must that feel?

30. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Any premature death, regardless of the cause, is a tragedy. Like the article I posted before says, he has followed the path of others like Heath Ledger, River Phoenix, Kurt Cobain and James Dean. I don't think the manner takes anything from the tragedy...I think it adds to it. It was preventable...but not prevented. There's at least a sense of inevitability with underlying heart conditions, for example.

It's just utterly horrible for his loved ones. I've lived through this with an old friend, and years on, it still causes more pain than the loss of another friend through cancer around the same time.

I wonder if Glee will tackle drug addiction? I'm sure they won't do it right away, but since they're not afraid of social issues, they might in the future.