Ryder Cup picks

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Aceon6, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

According to Steve Sands at Golf Channel, Pavin will select
    Woods, Cink, Zach Johnson, and Rickie Fowler

I'm very surprised by the 4th pick. He's not been playing as well as some of the others who are eligible.

2. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Confirmed. The picks are Woods, Cink, Zach Johnson and Rickie Fowler. Guess Ben Crane's demeanor did him in and Anthony Kim's injury was too much to overcome.

3. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

It is too bad Kim missed so many cuts. He was great at Valhalla. I guess Glover has been mediocre most of this year, with 2 recent missed cuts and only one good recent performance at the Wyndham. Barnes played well earlier in the year, but missed cuts lately same as Van Pelt. I think you are right about Crane. I guess Fowler hasn't had great results lately, but he made the cuts.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2010
  4. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

Wheee! Getting quite excited now, even though I dont give a crap about golf. :D

The 'Traffic Delays Likely' signs are a joy to behold! :rofl:

5. AYS

AYS Cruder than you thought

It's amazing how even just a regular golf event takes over an entire area, road closures, hijacked areas for parking all over the place. I never realized until the ATT was nearby this summer. Can't imagine what it will be like when the US Open is 5 minutes from my house (when it comes to Merion Golf Club).

If you know what any of these guys look like, Sharpie, I'll look forward to possible :sekret: sightings. :lol:

This is going to be an uphill battle for the US guys. Should be fun though! :watch:

6. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Well, it's pretty easy to spot a golfer. Everything's tan except the forehead and the non-dominant hand. For women, watch for "golf feet" where the tan line ends abruptly at the ankle.

7. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

People will ask if they can park cars in your yard for a fee.

8. SHARPIE

:sekret: have informed me that the press have taken over 3 hotels (all fairly close together) ... screw the golfers, trying to convince friends that we need to 'frequent' these hotel bars this weekend/ next week.

As press at sporting events are always the most fun... not that Id know ;)

9. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Oh, Sharpie, I envy you! And yes, the press hotels ARE the most fun, although the caddys can give them a run for their money.

SHARPIE and (deleted member) like this.
  10. SHARPIE

Must not even take bins out this week without being in full tiff (Even though I live in a quiet cul de sac) ... Samuel L Jackson and David Beckham have been spotted ! Wheee :swoon:

11. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

If you see Woosie, say hello. It's a damned shame he's not captain this time.

12. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

I like following the Ryder Cup; for some reason I find the team aspect to be much more interesting than just some regular tournament. And I love how some of the press gets all involved with the wives/girlfriends and what they are doing.

13. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I know what I will be doing Sunday!!!

14. AYS

I sure hope the US can get their shoes back on the right feet by tomorrow morning. :eek: Euros have a full head of steam heading into the final day.

I am totally exhausted. Have been up watching the last 2 mornings from the wee hours. :coffee: Plus dealing with a ton of work on the side. :fragile:

15. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Got up early to watch some of the final day - the US nearly pulled it off - but McDowell really held his nerve and won it on the 16th hole with a clutch putt - 141/2 to 131/2 the final score!!

16. AYS

That one Sunday session was just a killer for the US. :(

Congrats to the Euros though; the entire team played great golf for most of the tournament.

17. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Yeah, you'd think someone could have pulled another half point Sunday. But congrats to Monty too - we all know how much this means to him.

18. AYS

I'll begrudgingly congratulate him...never been a big fan, but I guess he's suffered through his share of heartbreaks in his career, so good on him!

Tiger played well, one fun thing to watch. :) I hope it means he's rounding into top shape for his upcoming int'l events.

19. SHARPIE

Wheee! We enjoyed the Cup here, I actually went away at the weekend and was :eek: to see the amount of people at the local train station as I was leaving on Friday. LOL @ the rain though ;)

20. AYS

My UK colleague tried to get me to wager $50 on the Cup because he claimed that the US wouldn't know how to play in the "Welsh monsoons"...

Luckily, I don't bet.

21. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Well, we know Corey and Lisa didn't know that most US manufacturers of waterproofs just don't get it right for Welsh monsoons. TPTB must have cut a deal with Sun Mountain, and it turned out to be a really bad deal for SM. Their sales will tank big time.

btw, for those in the know, Proquip, Sunderland, Zero Restriction, and the Canadian company SunIce (not to be confused with Sun Mountain) make the best rain gear. If you're kitting up for rain, those are good choices.