Ryan Jahnke has a baby boy!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by skatemommy, Nov 17, 2011.

1. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Just found this on facebook:
    Ryan Jahnke added 13 new photos to the album Zayin Nicholas Jahnke 6lbs, 9oz 11/15/11. — in Colorado Springs, CO.

His wife is Tashiana. Congrats to them!

2. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Congrats to Ryan & his wife! Welcome to the world, Zayin! :)

3. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Congratulations to the Jahnkes!

Please teach him to skate the way you did, Ryan! :)

4. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Awwwwww. . . congrats to Ryan and Tashiana!!

5. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Much happiness to the new family!

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Andrushka

Andrushka Well-Known Member

Congrats to them!! :)

7. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

Congratulations to Ryan and Tashiana!

8. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

So he's straight?

Who would have known, he never mentioned that. :p

9. Louise

Louise Banned Member

Oh, now now. It's possible to procreate under ANY circumstance. A lesbian and gay man on a deserted island would still probably procreate just to have someone else around...

Info on the name Zayin:
    "In gematria, Zayin represents the number seven, and when used at the beginning of Hebrew years, it means 7000 (i.e. זתשנד in numbers would be the future date 7754).

Zayin is also one of the seven letters which receive a special crown (called a tagin) when written in a Sefer Torah. It is one of several Hebrew letters that have an additional meaning as a noun. The others are: Bet [the second letter] whose name is a grammatical form of the word for "house"; Vav [the sixth letter] whose name means "hook"; Kaf [the eleventh letter] whose name means "palm [of the hand]"; Ayin [the sixteenth letter] whose name means "eye"; Pe [the seventeenth letter] whose name means "mouth"; Qof [the nineteenth letter] whose name means "monkey"; Shin [the twenty-first letter] whose name means "tooth"; Tav [the twenty-second letter] whose name means "mark"; and several other Hebrew letters whose names are ancient Hebrew forms of nouns still used, with a slight change of form or pronunciation, as nouns in modern Hebrew.)"

RJ is Christian, right? Hmm, maybe he did the biblical George Constanza and just named his child "Seven" but with biblical backup.

Anyway, congrats.

10. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Zayin is as bad as Natalie Portman naming her son Aleph. :shuffle:

11. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Why does he have to "mention that"? Why would anyone need to declare their sexuality in any case? Truthfully, sexual preference is not the first thing I think about when I watch skaters on the ice. What does it matter?!

I never thought about Ryan's sexuality one way or the other when I watched him skate -- I just always enjoyed Ryan's skating. I thought he was married for awhile even before he retired from eligible skating. I remember reading somewhere that he and his wife taught Sunday school together.

Congratulations to Ryan and Tashiana on the birth of their son! Wishing all three much happiness!

12. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

Actually, since Ziggy used the :p I thought he was being sarcastic. I thought it was more of a comment on some male figure skaters who are very vocal about being straight. YMMV.

Anyway, congrats on the new baby. Wishing them all much happiness.

13. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Well, if they ever decide to visit Israel, someone with the name Zayin would get a lot of attention, while Aleph is just weird. But for an American kid, it doesn't matter, and I imagine they just liked the sound of it. Anyway, congratulations to the entire family!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2011