Ryan Bradley & Davis/Brubaker are guest skaters, April 26-28, in Park Ridge, Illinois

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Apr 16, 2013.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

Local Chicago area article: http://parkridge.suntimes.com/news/19441292-418/ice-show-ready-to-skate-again-in-park-ridge.html
    This news originally was posted on April 5 in the U.S. Pairs thread:
  2. Sylvia

Anyone in the Chicago area planning to go to one of the 4 shows?
  3. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Maybe. If so I'll post back. :)
  4. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting about this event. I look forward to hearing any reports from those fortunate to attend. :)
  5. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Would love to hear impressions of Davis/Brubaker from anyone who goes!
  6. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

will this be the first public appearance for Brubaker/Davis?

ETA: oops. Davis/Brubaker :shuffle:
  7. Sylvia

Yes, I believe these shows are the first public performances by Davis/Brubaker.

Hope your "maybe" turns into a "yes." There are 2 more shows - 7 pm tonight and 1:30 pm tomorrow (Sunday).
  8. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Above anything technically, it will be interesting to see how en synch they are and how they relate to each other. That will be telling.
  9. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Sorry, am not able to make it. :( Was hoping to.
  10. aftershocks

Does anyone else know of any reports? Surely there is someone else here who may have attended??? What about clips? Or tweets?

ETA:

I looked at Ryan's twitter hoping to find something. Not so far, although this is a cute photograph from spring training with Ryan, Amanda Evora, and two other ladies I'm not familiar with:

https://twitter.com/RyanSBradley

And here's a pic David Santee tweeted with Rockne and Ryan riffing the Blues Brothers:

https://twitter.com/DSantee97/status/328155212483284993/photo/1
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2013
  11. FSfan107

FSfan107 Well-Known Member

tlk and (deleted member) like this.
  12. fan

fan Active Member

they are going to be spectacular - what heat already!
  13. shan

shan Well-Known Member

Davis/Brubaker look very promising. :cheer2: It will be great to see competitive programs from them (I'm assuming this summer).
  14. olympic

^Wow. Already landing the Throw 3 sal with ease. I can't wait to see them perform their competitive programs.
  15. aftershocks

Thanks for posting the vids, and thanks to Garrett Kling (G-Man) for providing them to TSL.

Lindsay and Rockne look to be well-matched. Couldn't see a great deal of detail in the first vid, but their combo spins looked decent, and there was a good throw jump. It also looked like they performed a split double twist in both programs. The second vid had better lighting. Yes, shades of Barb and Paul a bit with the second performance. D/B definitely showed a solid throw 3-sal and a lovely death spiral, and a nice lift. Obviously, D/B are still a work-in-progress (and need to steadily improve in many aspects including speed), but are exhibiting some exciting potential. I'm looking forward to seeing them perform on a larger ice surface under competitive conditions. Good luck, Lindsay and Rockne!

:lol: Who was the belly dancer btw, in the first vid?
  16. Sylvia

17. Sylvia

Re-posting from the U.S. Pairs thread:
  18. aftershocks

^^ Thanks for the additional video which gives a better view of their second performance. I wondered at the beginning since it stayed dark for several seconds. But then the lights came up.

How tall is Lindsay? Nice to see the beautifully executed throw 3-salchow and the lovely double twist (I'm sure they're working toward incorporating a 3-twist). They are well-matched re their lines, physicality and movement quality. They are a team I will be interested in seeing develop.

ETA:

The Blues Brothers duet with Rockne and Ryan B is very cute -- lots of fun. :cool:
    Last edited: May 4, 2013
  19. olympic

I watched the video which is from a different angle. Lindsay hits a good position on the Star Lift. Nice, straight legs. For some reason, her lift positions had less effect for me when she was skating with Themi and Mark. Maybe it's because she and Rockne or more physically matched? Anyway, this video also gave me a perfect view of the throw 3sal; not Chinese/German/Russian quality, but good height and distance and perfect for a brand new partnership. Finally, the position in the DS was really perfect and I hope they get a 3twist (wasn't this a problematic move for Lindsay in the past?)
    Last edited: May 5, 2013
  20. aftershocks

^^ Thanks for your thoughtful assessment, olympic. I never saw much of Lindsay re her partnership with Themi, so I don't know re her history of performing/ not performing a 3-twist. Does anyone else know? Moreover, what are the technical dynamics re being able to adequately perform one: (partner's strength; height thrown; ability to quickly rotate; does bone structure/ density and or body weight factor in at all)?
  21. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting the first ever videos of this pair, much appreciated! :)

The exhibitions were alright, but I can't wait to see what they will look like in actual competition, with appropriate costumes & choreographed programs, et al.

What I like about this pair is that they are perfectly matched, same build, body type, technical ability, could pass for brother & sister, two halves of a perfect whole, now it's time to see what they look like and how they'll do on competition ice. If I was a betting woman I would not be surprised to see them challenge for a place on the Olympic Team! :cool:

GOOD LUCK DAVIS/BRUBAKER!!!!