Russian WebTV problems

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by orientalplane, Oct 22, 2010.

1. ostile17

ostile17 Active Member

I don't know if this is only recent, but there is a Paypal option now!

2. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

I was able to sign up for a subscription to TVTeka, using PayPal. I intend to use TVTeka for events not covered by IceNetwork (such as the JGPF).

I use Google, which translates the TVTeka.com page automatically.
    I assume I will have to sign in at the top of the page (which doesn't get translated).

Where will I find the choice for the JGPF events?

Thanks for any help.

3. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

euterpe, I am looking into your question.

Yes, you sign in at the top of the page once you have an account where it is blue and says "Bxod". Enter the email address (Электронная почта) and the password (Пароль) for your account and then hit the Boйти button.

If you do not have an account, you need to click on the big white tab that has "P.....я" at the top and enter the email address (Электронная почта) and the password (Пароль) twice (once in each of the two Пароль fields) that you want to use for your account. Then hit "отправить" button to submit. You will get an email with a link. Click on the link to activate your account. It will open the TVTeka site.

At this point be careful. The link for the free 3 day trial (http://tvteka.com/test_period) will be in the green notice on top of the screen (click on "запросить" in "Или запросить бесплатный 3-х дневный тестовый просмотр"). This will send you another email letting you know that TVTeka is processing your 3 day trial request. Clicking on "Закрыть" in the green bar will get rid of the green bar notice.

The JGPF events will be shown live on NTV Plus Sport Online. I posted the schedule in the GPF forum.

On the TVTeka home page, click on the image that looks like this to watch NTV Plus Sport Online.

On the right hand side a timeline should appear that will let you go back and watch recorded programs from that day.

The Программа link at the top of the page will take you to a calendar listing of all of the channels and programs. You can find older archived material there.

I am waiting for my 3-day trial to be activated to test out other features.

:( I don't see a paypal payment option on the "Оплата" (payment) page, just Visa/Mastercard.

TVTeka is flash player based (like icenetwork), so it will work on both Macs and PCs as long as your connection and computer's hardware are up to the task.

When I get some time I will work on a visual guide to signing up for and using TVTeka for english speakers.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  4. Braulio

Braulio Well-Known Member

Hisweirness

If you are loged in the tvteka website, you have the option of paying with visa-mastercard and other options, paypal is also displayed

http://tvteka.com/payment

It shows to me that option, but maybe if you are on trial period that´s why the paypal option is not displayed yet

euterpe and (deleted member) like this.
  5. euterpe

Thanks, His Weirness and Braulio.

I used to watch skating on WebTV, but after hearing all the problems this season, I decided to go with TVTeka since users reported it was more reliable and cheaper.

Navigating was a bit of an adventure, but with the help of Google, I got through the process successfully. I had to use PayPal because my credit card company would not allow a transaction with a foreign entity to go through.

Does anyone know if TVTeka will be showing Russian Nationals, Euros, Jr Worlds and Worlds?

6. Braulio

Euterpe

Russian nationals is broadcasted usually on the NTV Plus Sport channels so that event must be a YES

Some seasons ago, US Nationals (taped coverage) and 4 Continents (live and taped) has also been covered, but is a question still if they will do the same this season

Though the European and World Championships are broadcasted in the Russia2 channel and Eurosport, so it will be most likely the same as each year

The best of this is that all those channels are carried with TVTeka (NTV Plus, Eurosport and Russia2)

Junior Worlds is other issue as it has not been the case that the tv stations had commited to show the competition (Eurosport only did it once two seasons ago)

7. euterpe

Well, so far TVTEKA has been a bust.

Even though I received a receipt for my payment, I could not log on to TVTeka as they said they didn't recognize my email address.

So I have been unable to view the JGPF.

Now what?

8. Braulio

I did not hear about a problem like that before, but you will have to contact their costumer service e-mail, sorry about that euterpe!

http://tvteka.com/site/contacts

9. ostile17

ostile17 Active Member

Did you register with the same email address you use for you Paypal account? In the Paypal option it was mentioned that your email had to match the one used for paypal. Could that be the reason? I don't know, I'm just guessing here.

10. Capella

Capella Guest

I signed up yesterday for the free trial, but about half an hour before the competition, I still hadn't received word, so I paid for a one month subscription. I was able to instantly watch all channels, and I received a confirmation email immediately.

I did have a problem logging in at first, though. I had opened multiple tabs (using IE 8) because I needed google's translator. Once I got the email that I was paid for a month, I cleared my cache and dumped all the cookies. Closed out of IE. When I re-opened IE and went to the site, I was able to log on without any problem.

ETA: I did not see a Paypal option, so I used my Visa.

11. euterpe

I received confirmation emails at the same email address with which I registered, from TVTeka support, and also from the parent company, with a receipt for payment. I sent email describing the problem, attaching files showing the payment, but have not received any reply.

12. icewalker08

icewalker08 New Member

A little OT here but will tvali.ge show Russians national?

13. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

I hope it will be on debilizator. Tvali is just so....:scream:

14. icewalker08

icewalker08 New Member

It works fine for me, I dont mind the delay.

15. Braulio

if the ntv plus sport channel is still listed by time of russian nationals it surely will be broadcasted then

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Dammit, TV Teka didn't archive the Saturday GPF broadcast properly so:

- 8:45 broadcast is ad type stuff instead of Junior Men FS - as a result everything is pushed down so:
    - 10:10 is Junior Men FS (instead of Junior Pairs)
    - 11:35 is Junior Pairs FS (instead of Senior Men)
    - 12:50 is Senior Men FS (instead of Ladies FS)
    - 14:00 is Free Dance
    - 15:25 is Senior Pairs FS

As a result of that mess-up, there's no Senior Ladies FS archived and available to watch. :(

Or perhaps there is a working link to it somewhere?

Dammit, I'm so disappointed I can't watch it. :(

For how many days are the archives available on TV Teka? If it's something like a week, perhaps somebody who speaks Russian could write to them to let them know about this problem. Maybe they could sort that out and put the Ladies FS up?

P.S. People, use Chrome because:
    a) it's by far the best web browser out there (at least for PCs)
    b) it has Google Translate built in so you can automatically translate whole pages and using TVTeka is really easy then

Last edited: Dec 12, 2010
  17. Elka

Elka Active Member

Did that. They answered, (thanked for the indication of their mistake) that they will put it up in the near future. There is already a link in the program for Saturday were Ladies FS is mentioned, though not working yet.

ETA: Ladies FS link is working now.

Last edited: Dec 14, 2010
  18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Thank you so much Elka! :respec:

It is really really appreciated! :)

19. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

TVTeka is running a promotion until Jan 1. Enter promocode "2011" and you will get two weeks added free to your subscription when you pay.

20. alchemy void

alchemy void Well-Known Member

So I'm trying TVTeka out and have paid for a month access, received the confirmation emails, etc, but can only access the archive? I can't seem to get any live broadcasts?

21. whiterose

whiterose Member

Is webtv down?

I wanted to buy a pincode but the website is down? Any ideas?

22. Braulio

I have not used Webtv since TVTeka appeared as an option, so sorry not being able to help on this, but my advice will be to give a try to tvteka, it´s cheaper and have some great features as video on demand, archived streams, etc... though you have to know a bit if russian or use google translator

23. whiterose

whiterose Member

Thank you Braulio. Webtv worked fine for me.
    I mean I can read a little bit Russian and maybe tvteka is an option for me.

24. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

I was on the TVTeka site today, and I noticed two news items that were of interest.

1. Looks like they are supporting iPhones, iPads, and iPod Touch. Also there is some mention of the Roku box: http://tvteka.com/blog/22-podderzhka-ipad-iphone-ipod

2. Looks like they added the NTV channel Спорт Плюс (Sports Plus) to their lineup. This station is increasingly used by NTV for GP broadcasts (I know some live gala coverage was only on this station during the GP series).
    http://tvteka.com/blog/21-v-novyy-god-s-novymi-kanalami

25. Braulio

excelent!

26. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

Apple and Roku support? Awesome!!! :cheer2:

27. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Don't want to start a new thread so I'm going to put it here:

There were loads of technical issues with TVTeka throughout Worlds. I am really not happy and gonna come back to Rutelevision I think.