Russian Poll

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by calica, Oct 11, 2010.

1. calica

calica Active Member

Overcoming ( nomination for endurance, courage and firmness) (sorry by my english)

-Plushenko.
    -Domnina&Shabalin
    -kawaguti&Smirnov

http://fsrussia.ru/poll/9/

LynnW and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Buzz

Buzz Well-Known Member

I hope I voted for K&S. :lol:

3. LynnW

LynnW Politiking for Purple

I voted for K/S, too, but it looks like we are in the minority. However, I'm relying on calica's interpretation skills as to what the vote is for since I don't speak Russian. :D

(thanks, calica)

4. calica

calica Active Member

I voted by Dom/Sha.....

He and his knee and she and her father... for me is incredible although i am not their fan nº1

5. pumba

pumba New Member

Oksana and Maksim of course

6. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

It looks like Plushenko is just barely beating Domnina and Shabalin. I am torn like the poll is torn.

"Overcoming (a nomination for endurance, courage and stability)" this what I got on a translation site-only the last word is different.

7. vmfan89

vmfan89 Member

Domnina Shabalin. The fact that they where even able to compete at the olympics is quite an achievement!

8. Kasey

Kasey Loving on babies!

Domnina/Shabalin

9. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

Kind of surprise here.

10. calica

calica Active Member

No , why??

11. Gil-Galad

Gil-Galad Well-Known Member

Domnina / Shabalin all the way!

12. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

DomShabs

13. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

DomShabs for me, as well.

14. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

I have no idea how they organized this poll but it looks like they just put leaders from each discipline on the list. No women just because there's no good and internationally famous Russian leader among women after Slutskaya retirement. If we compare DomShabs and Plush, the last one has a better match for the title of the award- Preodoleniye (overcome or somesuch) with his history. DomShabs simply didn't do what he did. Many people who vote for DomShabs simply do that because they don't want to vote for Plush, not because DomShabs' Preodoliniye is higher.

15. pumba

pumba New Member

Hmmm, personally I voted for D/S not as a protest againstt Plushy. I sincerely feel that the story of Oksana and Maksim is more worthy than Evgeniy's. I am agree that some may vote for them just not to give votes to Plushy but this absolutely does not diminish D/S's Preodoleniye. It was Maksim who skated in pain and literally w/o knees and under terrific pressure, and Oksana who tragically lost her father. I don't think Plushy who already was an Olys champ and silver medalist had the same stress as Oksana and Maksim did.
    I don't know how else to explain it, but for me Domnina and Shabalin totally deserve this, w/o any help from those who don't like Pluschenko.

16. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

That put Plush under a much bigger pressure than DomShabs who were not even seriously considered to win the Olympics. And he was under a really serious pressure, especially with that dirty PR work that came form those e-mail stories. He was not less injuried and his personal life had some unbright moments too. DomShabs deserve the award but Plush deserves it better methinks. Many voters are Russian and they traditionally have a high level of sympathy and kindness. They realize that DomShabs probably will never have a chance, unlike Plush whose participation in the international events is a reality. Who knows we might see him in Sochi.

hanca and (deleted member) like this.
  17. pumba

pumba New Member

Since as you said most voters are Russian, and this poll is on a figure skating not some tabloid site, I think people who visit it and vote there are aware of what is happening in life of athletes, and probably do not equalize divorce with death. Well, we seem to have a really polar view on what was happening in skating, and see it in a totally different light :). BTW my 2nd vote would have gone to K/S (who are by far not may favourite couple), and this is not because I don't like Plushy.

18. calica

calica Active Member

Really ?? :rolleyes:
    There will be some of them that do it but also there will be many who vote for Eugeny without importing about ask in the poll..

It seems me unjust to despise the votes of Dom/Shab

Do not I understand that relation is between the medals won (or possibilities of medal) with what they ask in the poll?

19. Autumn_girl

Autumn_girl Active Member

pumba, I totally agree and I voted for D/S for the same reason. It's not about medals and all, it's about how hard it was for them to skate but they did it no matter what. If I could I would have vote for all of them, for K/S and for Plushenko too, 'cause it wasn't easy for all of them. But for me D/S deserve this more

20. ciocio

ciocio Active Member

I´ve voted for both Plushenko & DomShab but I don´t understand, are you suggesting that some people believe that DomShab deserve this award but they´ll vote for Plushenko anyway?:confused::2faced:

21. senorita

senorita New Member

What is this poll about?
    I mean I know what they say on the site, but the purpose of it is so important and I didn't understand it..?
    RF distinguish its athletes and makes a poll so Piseev can give the winner a platinum donut or what?

22. pumba

pumba New Member

I don't think so, because Plushy already has one :)

23. senorita

senorita New Member

True :lol:

but if they had a serious poll for a serious donut they wouldn't make one that is easy to revote ;)

24. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

If I get their reasons or if I think that I get, it doesn't mean that I despise them. Actually it doesn't mean at all.
    What they ask in the poll is their reason. My understanding is the award is for a skater(s) who got through a lot of difficulties and troubles but could reach a good result. So, it is kind of related to the medals won.

25. pumba

pumba New Member

Since when is an Olys bronze (with 1st place after the CD) is considered a bad result? Esp for those who are in your opinion have never been serious contenders for the gold? And why a silver for an athlete who was a worthy contender but lost is that much better?

26. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

Okay. Not bad result.

27. calica

calica Active Member

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  28. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

Btw you can vote for skaters in all polls on the official site of RFSF. The poll with (!) sign is my recommendation to vote. My translation:

-(!) The legend of sport award (for retired skaters who contributed the best in FS):
    Petrenko
    Karponosov
    Gorshkov (currently the leader)

-The high standard award (for regional organizations for the best management of the competitions):
    Four organizations in the poll, currently Mordovia is the leader.

-The inspiration award (for journalists)
    Three names, Dolgopolov is currently the leader.

-The revival award (best sport school)
    Three schools, CSKA is currenty the leader.

-The loyalty to the profession award (best children coach)
    Three names, Golubeva is currently the leader.

-(!) The coach of the year award:
    Moskvina (currently the leader)
    Mishin
    Zhulin

-(!) The breakthrough of the year award (men):
    Gachinskiy
    Borodulin
    Dmitriev Jnr. (currently the leader)

- (!) The audience choice award (for foreign skaters):
    White
    Lambiel (currently the leader)
    Asada

- (!) The overcome award (that has been discussed here)
    K/S
    Plush (currently the leader)
    DomShabs

- (!) The discovery of the year award:
    Agafonova
    Dmitriev Jnr.
    Katsalapov (currently the leader)

- (!) The breakthrough of the year award (ice dance):
    Monjko/Khalyavin
    Bobrova/Solovjev (currently the leaders)
    Iljinykh/Katsalapov

- (!) The breakthrough of the year award (pairs):
    K/S
    Stolbova/Klimov
    Bazarova/Larionov (currently the leaders)

- (!) The breakthrough of the year award (women):
    Leonova
    Tuktamysheva
    Makarova (currently the leader)

http://fsrussia.ru/poll/

29. senorita

senorita New Member

What is this poll anyway? I went to vote Borodulin and Agafanova and it says only people from russia can vote...:huh:

30. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Really?

No, really?