Russian Dolls--Bling! Vodka! Fur Coats!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Matryeshka, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Come on, who else was going to start a thread on a show called "Russian Dolls"?

I hope this is as huge of a train wreck as promised. I love skanky babyshkas. It's living up to it so far, and it's only been on 45 seconds.

2. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

they are all begging to be punched

3. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I'm hooked. I keep picturing all the Russian ice skaters in these roles. And Weir.

4. my little pony

so far i think they are all older than their stated age

5. Matryeshka

c'mon, mlp. You know you want to go shopping with her. Imagine the whickity-whack you and a Russian grandmother could come up with.

I adore how orange the young Russian is. I mean, if you're going to go orange, go day-glo I always say. There are entire clown colleges in awe of that right now. Mary Murphy's probably really jealous.

6. Matryeshka

I'm so glad the US finally has an answer to the UK's My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding.

I was really worried that we'd never be able to top that awesomeness, but now we have picked up the samovar!!! Take that, Irish Travellers!

:HA!:

7. my little pony

unless they pee outside, i still think the irish travelers have this contest tied up

8. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I felt bad for that grandmom. She won and there's no family there for her. Suck it up and stay for your husband's mom. Oh, and hubby's missing a pair. :rolleyes:

Had the feeling Diana and 'Spanish guy with the nice car' were breaking up. He looked blindsided. Dodged a major bullet there.

Not sure I'll watch it again though. They seemed more self centered than the Real Housewives and had more plastic than a Kardashian.

9. my little pony

i think matry should apply for jobs in brighton beach so she can go to the banya and eavesdrop

10. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

At some point we have to see Oksana Baiul in the background. I know she is Ukranian but I think she would fit right in and I think she frequents some of the places I have seen on the show.

11. Bonita

Bonita Active Member

What is this show about? I keep seeing trailers during Dance Moms, but I'm like WTF. And one of the ladies looks and sounds just like Ok. B. Is it a mail bride thing?

12. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

Please tell me this show is going to be available to be viewed online somewhere.

13. my little pony

i thought diana was a fresh looking straight from rehab oksana until i went and stood right on top of the tv

14. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Damn, I forgot this was on tonight :mad: I wanted to go to bed early and it doesn't start until 10:30! Oh well

15. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Not a mail bride thing; more like The Real Housewives of Brighton Beach. The Brighton Beach neighborhood of NY has a huge Russian immigrant community and presto, your next reality TV show.

16. Jenya

Jenya Well-Known Member

I loved it. :rofl: Although at some points it reminded me a little too much of my own family... :shuffle:

17. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

My friend said: "Whenever a relative asks me why I don't hang out with more nice Ukrainian girls from the neighborhood, I send them links to this show".

I've only watched bits and pieces but I swear I have a coworker who'd fit right in...

18. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

O.M.G. :eek: My husband sent me a link to this on youtube. It's the train wreck you'd hoped for, Matry. And more.

:eek:

I know people who'd fit right in. We are talking pounds and pounds of very ample flesh spilling out of tight couture gowns in great, jiggling waves. And animal print, lots and lots of animal print. Exhibit A

Gawd, how I would love to give her a make-over and to put her into something classy and age appropriate without being dowdy and to remove those hideous extensions.

To give this woman her due--she runs a successful business, that restaurant that I would never set foot into but nonetheless, good for her.

Also: not all Russians are like that. Some of us don't drink peroxide or the spray tanning solution.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  19. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I've been DVRing this show and finally got around to watching it. It's a HOOT! omg. This past weekend I just watched the episode when Marina's MIL went on a date. I LOVE how Marina said she was going to puke, the way she said it was hilarious. Considering how my hubby was talking about underwear with his dad on the phone and I overheard it, made ME want to puke, I can't imagine if FIL started taking about sex, I'd puke for sure! lol.
    Oh geez, what a run on sentence that was....

20. Civic

Civic New Member

Is this a reality television show or a scripted drama?

21. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

It seems to be a scripted reality TV drama. ;) That has been canceled. :(

I seriously don't know if I can go on without knowing whether Marina and Sveta ever made up or instead decided to scratch each other's eyes out (and if they did, whether they charged an admission fee). Or whether Albert got revenge on Anastasia for being such a tart and dumping him. Or whether Diana will find enough perfume to overpower the scent of desperation long enough to snag a husband. :drama:

Loved how everyone on the show had both RussianUkrainian and terrible New York accents at the same time. Loved Renata and how much she loves her darling Boris. Loved the wacky Eva. Loved the incredible level of tackiness. Too bad not enough other viewers felt the same way.

22. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

Already? Oh darn, this show was becoming one of my laugh, drink wine, and knit routine. boooo