Russian Dance Teams for Sochi

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by love_skate2011, Mar 17, 2013.

?

Who will make the team

1. Bobrova/Soloviev

57 vote(s)
    96.6%
  2. Stepanova/Bukin

24 vote(s)
    40.7%
  3. Riazanova/Tkachenko

17 vote(s)
    28.8%
  4. Pushkash/Guerreiro

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Monko/Khalaivin

3 vote(s)
    5.1%
  6. Ilinykh/Katsalapov

55 vote(s)
    93.2%
  7. Sinitsina/Zhiganshin

13 vote(s)
    22.0%
  8. Kosigina/Moroshkin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. love_skate2011

love_skate2011 Well-Known Member

2. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Bobrova & Soloviev are locks and Ilinykh & Katsalapov are close to a lock. I will say Riazanova & Tkachenko will take the 3rd spot but after a relatively mediocre Worlds, they could be in danger. Sinitsina & Zhiganshin are the most likely spoilers IMO.

3. love_skate2011

or TAT and an Olympic Champion Dad could Politik for the 3rd spot

4. Macassar88

Macassar88 Well-Known Member

Maybe Stepanova and Bukin will take the third spot?

5. love_skate2011

that's what I'm thinking
    don't understand much Italian but you can still hear at their Junior Worlds Gala closing they are being promoted as son of the Olympic Champion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjqb1nsCgec

Riazanova/Tkachenko can't barely get a Top 10 finish, so stranger things can happen

6. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I hope so!

7. CoralReef

CoralReef Member

I think Stepanova/Bukin will take it over Riazanova/Tkachenko

8. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Bobrova/Soloviev, Ilinykh/Katsalapov, and Stepanova/Bukin.

The best thing Sinitsina/Zhiganshin can do for themselves is to leave Kustarova before it's too late.

9. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

ITA.

I voted B/S, I/K and Step/Bukin. But my heart is with Sin/Z. If they change coaches, I can see them challenging for that 3rd slot. But if they stay with Kustarova, they are doomed!

10. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Wow it is kind of shocking to see the team that has been the #3 Russian team the entire quad with a mere 1 vote so far (and that was mine).

11. Tak

Tak Well-Known Member

I dont think it's that shocking. I like this team, but unfortunately they havent really produced any kind of result that would show they are living up to their potential. They have been kind of languishing in third for the entire quad. They looked sharper at their first GP - when they were fresh from their training with Igor. But that didnt last. I think if they change to him completely, they have a good chance to keep that third spot. But if they stay with Gorshkov, then just like Kustarova, IMO they are doomed.

12. love_skate2011

R/T have been stuck in 3rd for many years
    someone else is bound to pass them

13. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

After worlds and no medal for I/K all the usual suspects are talking about I/K never practice never work hard and wasting all their time. Why don't Piseev and Zhuline and all the people saying this just say to the judges stop holding them up at nationals and don't send them to the Olympics or have them on the national podium. I have to admire I/K for having all the RUssian elities in skating say they never work and and are lazy and just keep going and they beat the beloved B/S in the Euros free dance with them doing no work and no practice and being lazy! There is a real disconnect between what people are saying and the results except at this worlds. Just forget them then. People say R/T will be surpassed but how about the lazy non-working I/K be surpassed by R/T and S/B?

14. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

R/T weren't that bad at Worlds. They were closer to I/K than usual, although I know that was more about I/K's poor performances than R/T having good ones.

15. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I don't know because after WJ S/B said they haven't made up their minds if they are joining seniors or not yet.I hope they do I really love them .

16. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Wow, I'm surprised at that. They already have 3 JGPF medals and JW gold and silver. There doesn't seem to be much left to do in juniors!

It might make sense for the fact that a lot of skaters are expected to retire next year (not necessarily Russians), so the senior Grand Prix for 2014-15 will be more open and it might be easier to make a big debut.

OTOH, they have a shot at making an Olympic team next year, which would be great experience... tough decision! I wonder what his daddy thinks.

17. love_skate2011

makes sense they can easily make a great debut post 2014 Sochi
    but going to the 2014 Olympics would be a great experience for them for 2018.

going 4 Seasons in Juniors feels so tiresome already
    probably even Papadakis/Cizeron will turn seniors to get that 2nd Olympics spot

18. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

Riazanova and Tkachenko are in trouble. They are a very good team but have been clearly ONLY Russia's #3 all the time. They are the Rubleva & Shefer of this cycle and will likely be sacrificed at the last minute in order to give an up and coming team olympic experience in route to 2018.

As for who would be the young team, right now is a battle between Stepanova & Bukin and Sinitsina & Zhiganshin.

19. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Well-Known Member

I think Stepanova/Bukin, Sinitsina/Zhiganshin and Monko/Khaliavin will fight for the third spot next year. Monko/Khaliavin are also former world junior champions and are working with Zhulin as well. Remember they finished 4th at the nationals ahead of S/Z...