Russian Babies Over-hyped

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by MrLucky, Dec 28, 2010.

1. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

The Japanese Ladies would have the Russian "babies" for breakfast.
    Kanako owns the Russian "babies" if we want to be honest about it.

Alissa with 4-5 triples is better than these babies and Mirai with 6 triples would beat then by 10-15 points.

Don't forget, Mirai can spin and also project some personality. The Russian 'babies" are exactly as we call them......"babies"

Not very impressed.

The best example is Mishin's triple axel girl.......:lol:

When this slow skater, void of all personality grows she will be lucky if she can still land her jumps.

Ksenia would be lucky, with a very clean skate to make top 6 at US Natls. The same for Japanese Natls.

Perhaps Pinky will give us a puberty forecast....:)

But for now , Adelina, complete with flexibilty, musicality and FLUTZ looks like a second rate Sasha.

Sorry, but not good enough.

Am I wrong?
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2010
  2. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

It sounds like someone's perhaps a little worried about their favorite skater gettin' owned in the near future ;)
  3. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Since this thread appeared right above the one with pics of Yags' baby...for a second, I thought it was about actual babies! :lol:
  4. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

You certainly won't live up to your username if this nonsense is what you're hoping for.
  5. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Yes
  6. hanca

hanca Well-Known Member

Not only you are wrong, but it looks like you either don't know much about skating, or you are blind, or very insecure and prejudiced against up and coming skaters.

Adelina, for example (despite you emphasizing her flutz) achieved the highest score in ladies this season (in ISU international competition, not in Russian nationals). Is that just a hype?

Most of the participants at their nationals (ladies) had 3-3 combination. That's not hype, that's skills.
  7. Tesla

Tesla Whippet Good

I don't think they are over-hyped but I do think it's too early to predict their futures. Who knows how they'll be when they hit the senior ranks.
  8. senorita

senorita New Member

how can you even compare 16 year olds who just went out of juniors (Kanako), 17 year olds who went already to Olys (Ksenia, Mirai) with 23 year olds (Alissa), and compare all that with Russian girls from 11 to 14 years old when even 6 months in this age is A LOT of time ,and think you made a clever post on top of that?
    This thread gets the annual Golden Raspberry Award.
  9. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Tz you're such a moron it isn't even funny anymore.
    STFU!
  10. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

Mishin should get the lifetime forever Golden Raspberry award. He does not know how to package male skaters and seems beyind lost with poor Liza.

BTW, her skating seems as boring as Rachael. Slow and forced with absolutley no style or charm.

Even on an off night Kanako will destroy thses Russian babies and Mirai is so much more graceful, not to mention playful, it is not even funny. :p
    Same old Russian girls - lacking everything that makes fans love skating.

Adelina is not half bad but is only 10 years old. Let's see her after she grows up is 14. :lol:
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

12. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

Actually, Czisny has the highest score in ladies this season.

1 Alissa CZISNY USA 180.75 63.76 116.99 GP Final (172.37 at Skate Canada, 159.80 at TEB)
    2 Adelina SOTNIKOVA RUS 178.97 61.32 117.65 JGP Austria (169.81 at JGP Final)

The Russians and Americans use to dominate ladies figure skating. Then the Japanese powerhouse took over. I'm expecting the Russians and Americans to reclaim their dominance once again. It will be a 3-way battle to see who gets 3 spots for the following year again soon. Maybe not this year, but in the years to come.

Sotnikova and Tuktamysheva are my favorite ladies to watch after Czisny. And they aren't even seniors yet. :kickass:....Baga is 4th.
  13. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

And ? What's the point here ? Is there a problem if russian ladies win anything in the future ? :confused:
  14. Excidra

Excidra New Member

Russian skaters bad, everyone else good. We get the point. ;)
  15. senorita

senorita New Member

I dont see you staying much here, so Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
  16. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

Not the point at all if you actually were capable of reading :(

Russian Ladies have always been about hype.
    They have rarely produced.

Michelle Kwan by herself has as many or more major Intl medals as all Russian Ladies in history.

And Michelle is not even a top USA Lady. She was certainly very good and without doubt the best of the Janet Lynn imitators.

I hope Russina Ladies stop skating like Men. This little Adelina shows hope - that russian Lady might actually show artistic skating. The other "babies" are sadly not even as good as Rachael.....shrug...:scream:
  17. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

So then, who is the "USA Lady" who has won more international medals than Michelle?
  18. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

I think that Sotnikova´s skating and interpretation of music was very enjoyable to watch. Tuktamysheva´s (sp?) freeskate had strange skating music and the choreography did not even try to go along with music. No surprise as she apparently is coached by Mishin... The girl is a good jumper, and who knows, maybe we will see her skating as a senior also if she is able to keep those jumps. She is very young now.
  19. senorita

senorita New Member

Liza skates like a man..and Lipnitskaya and Agafanova have the same spins and spirals like Rachel...and ..I see...and you are Batman?
    Although it is rather easy to see who you are, probably took school vacations from the other forum :)
    you should have known by now that Mishin is a technical coach and not her choreographer, her music was Asturias, has been used before, I remember Othman recently for sure. She was hitting all the notes his her hands and posture, what you mean she didnt skate by the music? And did you see her short?
    If the coach had to do with the musicality of the skater Mirai would skate like Lysacek. Or vice versa.
  20. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

Yes, that is part of my point. This little "Liza" has been hyped so much and yet and the end of the day she must suffer under Mishin's subpar packaging.

She appears to have some talent but is really far from an entertaining skater at this point.

Adelina has Tat guiding her and as long as she keeps away from Tat's dresses and custom music she has a fighting chance.

The others - all of these "Polinas" would be lost in Japanese or USA fedearation. Althouh if they were Canadian it might give them a real chance.

Let's face it, Canadian Ladies are pretty clunky skaters. Even Mishin might not hurt them much :lol:
  21. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

I did not claim that Mishin is her choreographer, it is just that skaters coached by Mishin do not have great choreography :lol::lol::lol:, in my opinion.
  22. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

In your opinion ? Well, IMO, it's an objective statement. :p
  23. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

Not to mention Mishin's skaters have some of the worst exhibition programs in the history of skating :lol: :lol:

I wait to see poor Liza in the puffy shirt :yikes: :eek:
  24. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Oh yeah and Mishin's skaters have also never been one of the most successful in the history of skating.
    Who cares about numerous World, European and GP titles and 2 Olympic champions? :rolleyes:
    Michelle Kwan and other Americans (coaches and skaters) have ALL been soooo much more successful.

Get a life, troll!
  25. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

When was the last time Mishin trained anybody who was good? He took on Plushy about 15 years ago - and since then has not produced any good skaters.

He is outdated, his skaters have ugly, tiltd, muscled looking jumps and he should just retire. Look at Russina men the past few years. The best, Lutai is a criminal...... :eek:
  26. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

Alright, so Gachinski has ugly jumps? :lol:
    I guess we watched different Gachinskis then.
  27. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

Yes, I liked his father. But please tell me what junior has won? Maybe Russian Natls :lol: :lol:
  28. Moka-Ananas

Moka-Ananas Man's Ruin

stop embarassing yourself.
  29. calica

calica New Member

Sorry, but you are idiot....

PS: No more coment.... i know that I am stupid for feeding the troll, I will not do it any more... ;)
  30. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

Take it easy ....and besides, we both know Liza will be skating soon in the biggest, puffiest sleeves ever seen. :D
  31. DELTA

DELTA Member

The fact of the matter is that this is the most talented batch of ladies to ever come out of Russian figure skating. Same thing had happened to Japan a few years ago. This is an exciting development for skating as a whole.
    skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  32. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

Yes, i think you might be right.
    But it is odd to think of how long it has taken Russia to produce a good batch of little bitty girl skaters.

If they are lucky maybe one of them will win a few major medals.
    But first they have to grow and as we know that can change things.

It seems like Kanako has nothing to worry about for a few seasons as Ksenia is no competition for her or any of the good skaters.
  33. DinDonShamu

DinDonShamu New Member

My god how do they keep up with the reputation levels? First "dundas" now this :rofl:
  34. DELTA

DELTA Member

From what I heard, girl were pushed into pairs skating.
  35. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

this thread is seriously a trainwreck:lol:
  36. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

Maybe this is dundas.
  37. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Wow young girls who have only just come into senior ranks are being evaluated as being no good already. :rolleyes:

So nice that MrLucky is willing to support such young talent. :blah:
  38. judgejudy27

judgejudy27 Well-Known Member

Just by medal count or medal prestige I would go with Carol Heiss as the most accomplished U.S lady ever with her 5 straight World titles, Olympic Gold, and Olympic silver. However despite her medal haul most seem to consider Heiss inferior to Fleming, Lynn, Kwan, Yamaguchi, Hamill, and maybe Albright.
  39. MrLucky

MrLucky New Member

Carol's records can''t be touched by Kwan as Carol was more successful where it counts - the Olympics.

Carol rose up to the occassion just as Kwan shrunk in the face of the pressure.
  40. Cloudy_Gumdrops

Cloudy_Gumdrops New Member

Maybe in Salt Lake she didn't do as well as she could, but take another look at her Nagano LP before you talk about crumbling under the pressure. She lost to a formidable opponent with one of the most ambitious programs jump-wise we've seen in ladies skating.
    flutzilla1 and (deleted member) like this.