Russia, China, and France- when will they name the teams for Worlds?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Feb 9, 2013.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

For Russia- we know 2 of the ladies but the 3rd is still in question. For men, the entry is likely Kovtun but could be a few others also. Russia Cup final is a week away so we will know sometime after that.

China has Zijun Li and Kexin Zhang for the 2 ladies spots, but the men's spot could go to Yan Han or Nan Song.

French spot will probably go to Meite or Gilleron-Gorry, unless they decide to give Ventard something after all. If she's in good shape, I'd like to see her get a chance. Men's team is pretty clear.
  2. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Song won Nationals but now Yan beat him and medalled at 4CCs in front of international judges.

Still, given domestic politics and pecking order, I think the most likely scenario is that Song goes to Worlds and Yan goes to Jr Worlds. (unless Yan wins Jr Worlds?)
  3. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Ironically, I think the best bet for Song to make Sochi is if Yan got sent to Worlds this season and made top ten. Despite a fall, Yan was beating Song handily on PCS.
  4. SamuraiK

SamuraiK Well-Known Member

I would send Yan to worlds . He's the best bet for 2 spots in Sochi. If both championships in a short time its too much for him he should skip Jr. Worlds. He already has the title and both Jin and Zhang can keep 3 spots.