RuPaul's Drag Race Season II

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by emason, Jan 31, 2010.

1. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Agreed. I think the sad story swayed Ru to got with Tyra. But, she did kick butt in the lip-synch for your life finale. Still, I would've gone with Raven. There was something really gorgeously creepy about her :p

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I found Raven to be really attractive out of drag. Not sure what that says about my tastes...

3. duane

duane New Member

People referring to the first Drag Race winner as "beautiful" must have just gotten out of prison! She had style and that amazing attitude, but beautiful? NOT! Wesley Snipes in "To Wong Foo" comes to mind.

I'm so happy for Tyra (who IS a stunningly beautiful black drag queen). I thought she was a total *itch initially, but she gradually changed during the competition (and, she worked the final lip-sync!). She came across very well during the reunion show.

Raven is the bitter *itch, and she deserved the tongue-lashing she got during the reunion.

4. BigB08822

Raven looked awful during the reunion show. His walk down the runway was so manly, he truly looked like a man in a wig. I don't remember him looking that bad on the show. Tatiana is just gorgeous but I do think she is just a face. I think the reason she gets so defensive about it is because she knows it is true and is jealous of all her peers who have actual talent to use on stage.

5. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

I disagree. Tatiana was fantastic and hilarious as Britney Spears and I think has amazing comedic potential as well as being very pretty in drag. I think she might just be a little lazy.

Pandora Boxx shoulda won it. Tyra is boring.

6. BigB08822

I thought Tatiana was awesome as Britney as well but she admitted she had never even done someone else in drag and it was her very first time giving Britney a shot (she didn't even have a blonde wig). So was that luck or was that a real talent? Was she just trying to psych out the competition by claiming she had never imitated anyone and then BAM, I'm Britney Bitch!!!

7. uyeahu

Doesn't matter - she was brilliant which points to some talent, even if she's just as surprised as the rest of us. :lol:

8. olympic

Did anyone see the reunited, aftermath episode?

Sonique - not a transvestite, but a transsexual

Rebecca - loads of animosity towards Raven that I didn't know about :eek:

Tatianna and Raven had it out, but hugged in the end

Pandora Boxx - Lost her father during the series

9. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

I happened upon it on VH1 while channel surfing. It was bizarre and fascinating. Having not seen the series, I didn't know any of the history, but the cat fights at the reunion were fabulous.

Even more interesting to see the queens without their makeup. Oh, the tranny confession was very interesting.

10. BigB08822

I missed the beginning of the reunion, that must have been when Sonique admitted to being a transexual. Is that against the rules or anything? I assume it is not but I know in the pageant system you have to be careful, some pageants strictly forbid anyone enter who has taken any hormones or who has had any reconstruction done (face and boobs would be the main factors, here).

11. pixie cut

pixie cut Well-Known Member

He/she said doing the show made him/her realize that being a woman was more than just an act, it is who he is. So there was nothing to disclose. If he'd come into the show already living as a woman, he'd probably have been disqualified.

12. BigB08822

I see, thanks!

13. uyeahu

That's kind of a shame (for me). I found her so much more attractive as a him.

14. olympic

Sorry forgot to mention - I think she may have come to the realization that she was transgendered during the series, i.e.- she was a transvestite when she auditioned and began the show.