RuPaul's Drag Race Season II

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by emason, Jan 31, 2010.

1. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Calling all fans. Season II starts tomorrow night on LOGO.

2. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

What, no conversation at all? Watch this with your gays, ladies.

A total and unapologetic bitchfest this season! :cat: Love it. RDR1 was sweetened by the collective zenocity of Nina and Bebe, and that made it good. But RDR2 seems to have been casted precisely for the extreme diva fights we're already seeing just two episodes in.

The "Untucked" behind-the-scenes 1/2 hour that follows is genius of Ru. :EVILLE:

Even the niceness of Sahara, Pandora Boxx, and Jessica Wild cannot bring this one out of the fabulous gutter ... thank goodness for that. I heart all three of those "girls", and they're a nice balance for the one-liners, sass and :argue: of bitchqueens Tyra, Mystique, Raven, and - crap forgot the name of the skinny one with the bad walk who won the first challenge but then looked like Greta Gremlin last night.

Anyway, those girls are the sh*t! Keep up the :revenge: girls.

Jujubee with her abundant backne :yikes: and "I am woman" personality needs to go and soon. Tatiana is a yawn and will go soon. But watch out for Sonique. She is ... one ... UGLY ... man. But is a helluva drag queen who can strut it onstage and dish it offstage. :smokin: Darkhorse alert!

3. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Thank God; I thought I was the only one watching. I haven't seen Untucked - boo on me, I must remember to catch it next time.

Love Sonique, but I want Mystique to win, just to see everyone else self-destruct.

Also, is it wrong of me to think the highlights of every episode have been the vodka commercials with last season's stars? Loved, loved, loved the one with Ongina and last night's with Nina Flowers. Bebe looked like a million bucks in her ad and Shanelle wasn't looking too shabby either. Bring on the commercials.

4. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

The "reading" by the judges is even more fabulous this season than last!

5. RoseAugust

RoseAugust Member

I am super disappointed that I don't get LOGO. I watched three episodes in a row of RuPaul's drag race at my sister's a while ago. I loved it! So, all of you who are able, enjoy!

6. emason

emason Well-Known Member

IIRC, MTV repeats the episode the next day. Do you get that?

7. duane

duane New Member

Here in Philly, the show airs on VH1 Tuesdays at 9pm.

8. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Logo TV online has full episodes! A day later, but it'll do! ;)

9. emason

emason Well-Known Member

Thanks for the correction; my mistake for thinking it was MTV.

10. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Man. Is that Tyra a b-tch! Sleeping on the job? :lol:

11. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed both shows. I didn't mind Nicole Page Brooks. I really like Jujubee and Tatianna

12. olympic

Those eyes make Raven look like a villainess in a comic book.

13. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Raven looked like the f*cked up little sister of Marina Zoueva and Natasha from "Rocky & Bullwinkle".

Our Miss Brooks looked like she didn't even care or try in the "Lip Sync for Your Life".

JuJuBee is fab, LOVE her look, but that "high drag" gown was from the Imelda Marcos Collection.

Tyra, ugh. Can't stand the real one, can't stand the fake one. If I were a fellow contestant, that bitch might get slapped at some point.

Ru, Merle, and even Santino are soooo good again. Though Dita's little girly voice threw me a bit.

14. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

*Booty Bump!*

LOVED this week's episode! Though I'm so behind thanks to a little sumthin'-sumthin' goin on in Vancouver..... ;)

First, let me just say, as someone who used to be more than a casual observer of the drag universe, those evil queens ripping Mystique apart are shallow, vicious, and most probably covering up their own insecurities by attacking the easy target. Good for Tatianna for calling them out on it. She may be the youngest, but she's proving to be one of the smartest.

Sonique, Morgan, & Raven, drag is a celebration, not dodgeball in grade school. Get OVER your bullshit. Spread LOVE, not hate. Think like RuPaul: Be sassy, not bitchy.

Now that I'm off my soapbox: Pandora!

Hysterical Carol Channing on "Snatch Game 2010"!!! And thank goodness someone did a celebrity born before 1980.

And Alec Mapa was right, Tatianna's Britney was friggin' CREEPY good. :yikes:

Jessica Wild, oy, imitation might be the sincerest form of flattery, but you couldn't even do a decent RuPaul. And it had nothing to do with the language barrier.

Tyra, you sound like my Uncle Harold.

JuJuBee, listen to Mama Ru and step-it up!

And why the hell was Lisa Rinna there? Were they getting free collagen injections?

Last edited: Feb 26, 2010
  15. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

My favorites are easily Tatiana (GORGEOUS!), Pandora and even Jessica because she just tries so hard and seems to have a great attitude. I love the way Sonique looks when not in drag, but she's a mean bitch. Raven is also beautiful but obviously has issues. HATE Tyra.

16. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

I finally got to catch up with this show. Love all the catty comments in 'untucked'. :lol:

17. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

ITA!

Pandora is my fav because I like comedy in my drag, I don't get "pretty drag" at all.

That said, you'll understand why I don't get the judges fascination with Tyra. Besides, I find Raven and Tatiana to be prettier.

The bridal challenge was fun I thought, as was the Disco commercial, and the game show as a hoot. But I don't really get the short challenges. What the hell do gift wrapping and deep fried food identification have to do with drag?

18. olympic

Bump

We need to talk about this, as it is now down to 4 'ladies': Raven, Tyra, Tatianna, and Jujubee.

Tyra should've won the challenge where she dressed up her old Drag Mama. The last challenge went to Raven. Raven looks like someone you really wouldn't want to mess with :scream:

Poor Pandora Boxx, Jessica Wild, Sonique, Morgan McDaniel :( GWTW

19. uyeahu

Now that Pandora's gone I'm done. I like Tati and Juju ok, but Pandora was the best of the bunch and I can't take the inevitable Tyra crowning ahead. I just don't get the Tyra love.

20. luenatic

TLo said it best.

Source: http://tomandlorenzo2.blogspot.com/2010/03/rpdr-s2e8-our-grief-is-mountainous.html

21. uyeahu

Yeah, but Ru Paul also has TALENT and can pull off catty without being bitchy, and Tyra seems to be sorely deficient in those areas.

22. olympic

23. luenatic

Season Finale tonight! May the best wo-man win!

24. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Raven FTW! Love that bitch, despite her odd Tatiana Sucks obsession. She's the least likely winner, though, unless Ru does the black girl white girl rotational thing that Tyra Banks has perfected. :p

Methinks it'll probably be the Other Tyra, who has always looked great but, really think about it, has done or said nothing particularly memorable or fabulous on the stage or in a challenge. 2nd most likely is that the haven't-won-a-runway-challenge-yet "underdog" Juju wins. I just pray that Juju will forego any backless dresses tonight.

Any and all criteria, though, is pretty much just for shits and grins. Ru probably made up her mind in Week 2 (if not upon viewing the audition vids). :lol:

25. uyeahu

Are people still watching this season? I gave it up after Pandora left. :p

26. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

JuJu is a clear winner for me. I know she hasn't won any of the runway challenges or whatever they are but she has been solid and she looks FLAWLESS. Raven was in the bottom too much and I think kept around for drama. Tyra is not deserving and if she wins it will look like they are attempting to stick with the beautiful black drag queen. This is really REALLY common in the pageant system down here, the pretty black girls win every time. Not saying anyone is racist or that it is wrong but that seems to be what is in lately as far as looks go in the drag world.

27. BigB08822

Who won?

28. olympic

The one
    You
    Recall
    As the cattiest of the bunch

29. BigB08822

Hmmm, interesting indeed...they went with the predictable winner. I would have loved to have seen JuJu take it.

30. luenatic

I like Juju too. But I really think Raven is a much better (and experienced) performer. Juju's fashion style was kinda strange in a way. IMHO, RuPaul picked Tyra was because of Tyra's homeless situation. Tyra needs a break in real life.

Besides, RuPaul is already hiring Pandora Boxx, Raven and Juju for the RuPaul Drag U. They're all winners!