Ru Paul's Drag Race Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by olympic, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

#jesuisclueless

(omg that looks like 'Jesus is clueless')

I just posted a comment, I can't find where to officially "vote".

Last edited: Apr 25, 2012
  2. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

also... I get confused between family and "family". She flipped out over the IMO subjective idea that Sharon was "lying" and said she had to leave where she was because of liars. I assume her wigging out over "family values" is about her drag family, not her blood family, but I'm not sure if the "liars" she had to run from were kin or other queens "just jealous because I'm so fierce and sickening". I have a funny feeling miss PP doesn't like to be called out, doesn't take criticism well, and has a least a few "too jealous of me" enemies in her past. I think Chad and Sharon are smart and were spot on when they wondered why PP seems to enjoy living in anger.

3. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

If you look at FB, it tells you to leave a comment (in caps) when you choose who's the fiercest (or whatever language Ru uses). I don't think it's an actual vote. They will probably tally the no. of comments?

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

it doesnt seem very scientific, it makes me wonder if they are really counting them

5. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I suspect the reunion show is already in the can.

6. berthesghost

^ it supposedly films tonight

7. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

No leaks, so far, from the filming tonight of the finale/supposed crowning. :watch:

:rofl: Chad, having the benefit of watching the season, corrected her final episode apology to PeePee with this slam. :respec:

From the scores of candidate hideousness, Chad calls PeePee out for sabotaging Jiggly and for her viciousness to Willam ... and calls Willam a "frigging genius" :kickass:

ETA: :sekret: Word on the Tweet (Santino's) is that the announcement of the winner will happen live during next Monday's (otherwise taped) reunion show. If everything but the winner announcement was filmed yesterday, I guess the crowning will be at the end ... we'll see the reunion stuff, then fade to live with all the queens again together, wherein Ru will crown a queen. Odd, but it'd be even more awkward to announce it live, then go to the pre-crowning reunion tape.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2012
  8. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

9. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:rofl: One of these things is not like the others. [From the finale, last night.]

But, really :glamor: Sharon and :glamor: Chad both look AHmazing.

PeePee, who NEVER wears blonde wigs looks, and I'm being kind here: :lol: :scream:

10. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

11. luenatic

12. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I wonder if Jiggly would have been as rude to Manila as she was to Sharon about hooking up with another drag queen. Manila probably would have cut her.

13. berthesghost

iirc Shangela was even ruder about it. For people who complain about being discriminated against at the drop of a hat, most seem to have no problem spewing "Ewwww, that's DISGUSTING!!!!" when ever kaikai comes up. :lol:

14. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

*BUMP!* :watch:

What did Willam do??? :lol:

OMG, Holy Miss Gay USA Pageant, Batman! :wideeyes: :cheer2:

Wurq, that was one :kickass: entrance, Ru looks great!

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  15. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

IT'S SHARON NEEDLES!!!

And Willam was "receiving conjugal visits" from his husband.

And Latrice was Miss Congeniality!

Last edited: May 1, 2012
  16. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Incredible finale. Ru does it Again.

It's so hard not to love Willem and Latrice is FIERCE!

The winner's final runaway walk was EPIC! OUTSTANDING!

17. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

OMG! :rofl: Sharon and Chad look so amazing, fierce, regal even. Then there is the bump on a log with bad posture and a horrible wig. That about sums it up. I am thrilled for Sharon but kind of sad for Chad, who I think could have won many of the other seasons. He was always so polite and professional.

18. Fan123

Fan123 Active Member

The best part of the reunion show was Sharon's body language and her refusal to look at Pee Pee. In fact, the whole group was pretty much anti-Pee Pee, understandably.

19. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Loved most of this, but HATED the ending. Not for the reason you think.

:rofl: The Willam/Ru exchange. "Well, I wouldn't call it [partner's late night booty calls] visiting." "It [song promo sticker] is scented, too ...... it smells like sticker". Love that Ru genuinely adores Willam and seems thankful for what she's brought to RDR.

:respec: Chad. SUCH a genuine, wonderful person. Also, liked her letting it be known, emphatically, that - post viewing the season - she does NOT approve of the PeePee's nasty words and actions.

BEST DRESSED: :cheer: The Princess! What a complete look. That's five for five insofar as amazing looks for TP on RDR. Too bad we couldn't have seen more of this. 2nd: Chad. 3rd: Sharon.

BEST DRESSED, AUDIENCE: Raja. A variation of a head-to-toe plaid number she's worn in Lady Marmalade. Great to see it tonight, but I wish she'd avoided the glasses and hat.

WORST DRESSED: Latrice. Sorry, but she looked like Whoopi Goldberg had put on 180 pounds, then covered that with another 30 pounds of make-up. The crowd's adoration was HUGE, though ... great to see that. 2nd: PeePee. WTF? 3rd: Michelle Visage. Looked terrible, and her side boobs were not attractive.

MOST FORGETFUL: Alissa Summers. Really, I cannot recall anything about her on the show, nor from tonight ... even though I remember her talking to Ru. Most forgetful for all the show's seasons, really. Too bad/cute boy.

:blah: The ending. I'd have been slightly happier if it had been Chad, but Sharon is a wonderful choice and was BY FAR the people's choice. Happy with the outcome. My problem is this -- :sekret: Ru filmed all three "winning" as to prevent a leak. So, what we got was everybody acting ... the F3, the other girls, the crowd. Not a genuine emotion from anyone, or at least everyone was forced to bring up what they would be feeling for each scenario. Ugh.

I am 100% in support of Ru announcing the queen after the season runs, but c'mon girl, either announce it live, or tape it and then endure a possible shady queen leaking the winner a week in advance to whatever audience reads that type of thing. [Raises hand.]

20. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

100% agree. (And, just for gossip, Michelle Visage looks like she's put on a ton of weight...) :skandal

21. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

What exactly happened with Willam? I didn't watch all season. She was kicked off for having sex with her partner? Are they supposed to be completely isolated from everyone else while filming? I don't feel like that should be such a huge deal...

22. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Apparently you're not even supposed to tell anyone that you are doing the show. That's how it sounded basically from what she said and what Ru was saying.

23. berthesghost

We will probably never know. He's hinted and others (Sharon, phi-phi etc...)have hinted that he broke a lot of rules.
    that's the answer she gave at the reunion but the hints have been that it was more... Had too many clothes, got deliveries, etc...One person who was at the live show said they took questions from the audience and someone asked why willam puked. they didn't give the answer as it was published before the show aired, but rp seems to have edited that bit out.
    yes.its like being sequestered on a jury. Apparently all the reality shows do this.

24. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I was thrilled that PP's :EVILLE: deeds were revealed & esp thrilled that she didn't win. I was happy for Sharon but kind of sad that Chad didn't win. I liked them both. I wonder who got the fan vote.

25. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Sharon took the fan vote by far. On Facebook alone she probably had twice as many votes as Chad.

I like Chad very much, but I didn't want her to win. I feel like she's the past of drag, not the present and certainly not the future. Sharon isn't as polished or seasoned, but what she does is brand new and it's obviously inspired the public in a big way. None of the previous winners have been the public's choice, so I think Ru was smart to go that way this time.

skateboy and (deleted member) like this.
  26. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

I can understand how Chad, Sharon and the others would be really pissed that they couldn't see their boyfriends for weeks, while Willam is banging his partner throughout the competition...

27. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Rewatching the Grand Finale:

I know I gave her hell for her make-up and wigs (and she DOES look rather ashy again here :drama: ), but Dida Ritz is utterly charming. I think out of drag she's probably darling, too. :)

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  28. luenatic

Even though I knew Sharon was gonna win, I still rooted for Chad this whole time. TLo predicted the winner months ago.

29. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

30. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

ZOMG poor manila