Ru Paul's Drag Race Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by olympic, Jan 4, 2012.

1. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I loved all the dads except poor Sharon's dud. His personality sucked. He wasn't funny in the least, more like offensive. I thought Kenya had more to work with than Sharon.

I thought Chad should have won the bear contest & the main challenge too. And I thought Kenya was completely out-classed in this challenge...she has very little originality & her LSFYL was laughable, it was so bad. Did she even have any idea what lyrics she was singing? I don't think I ever saw Aretha sing that while skipping around the stage, head tossing, or grinning like a banshee. And ick, pulling off the wig again is just so wrong. So glad she's gone.

Please please please let Pee Pee go next. I think her emotion was real & I feel sorry for her about her dad but I just can't like her. Many of the others have had the same experiences or similar & they didn't turn into total bitches from hell.

2. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Ooh, just a thought ...

Perhaps the "she may be human after all" redemption means that PeePee's RPDR4 story reached its conclusion ... and it's buh bye next week. One can hope! :D

3. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

From your lips (fingers?) to Ru's ears.

4. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

While I hated that Ru brought Kenya back, I'm glad that it was a Carmen Carrera comeback. As for the LSFYL, Latrice owned it. While Kenya was desperately spazzing around, Latrice just stood in one spot and actually performed the song. I thought that was awesome. And the second Kenya pulled off her wig, I knew she was doomed.

5. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

Kenya was horrible this week. I'm glad she's gone, AGAIN! Even though Sharon's (grand)daddy is crazy, he is HOT! He looks like a butch buffed (before surgery) George Hamilton to me.

6. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I was ready to fire up the DVR last night to see what everyone was talking about, especially Latrice's LSFYL. I got an hour with no sound, damned LOGO/FIOS! Trying to record it again today.

7. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

^ You can also watch it on Logo's website.

8. luenatic

9. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Ah, yes, THAT was where I saw him! I knew I'd seen him before, and I knew that it was on an equally trashy reality type show. IIRC, they had a very nice time, he flew her to [a spa in?] Arizona ... and both had a very nice time, but didn't end up "dating".

10. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

11. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Yes. Patti is ALL ABOUT "masculine energy" being a singularly important trait in a man, and the worst thing ever in a woman.

On MM, Crazy Mike was far OTT with it! Just dripping with it. Overpowering ... and this was too much of a good thing for Patti. For me, he was :swoon: on that MM episode due to this confidence and that masculine energy. On RPDR, howerver, he was only distantly sexy but obviously CRaaaazy.

12. luenatic

No, that was a different guy that she picked. She had 2 dates, one picked by her team, the other one picked by Patti herself.

The team picked crazy Mike. Patti picked the blond bombshell.

Mike and Patti went horseback riding. Patti and the blond went to a spa/resort.

13. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Pix from the NewNowNext Awards rehearsal here.

Hmmm, some interesting highlights:

"...Willam Belli and Drag Race diva Sharon Needles were spotlight stealers..."

Ok, that works.

"The Holy Trinity from RuPaul’s Drag Race, Chad Michaels, Phi Phi O’Hara and Latrice Royale, needed a coffee break and were a hit on Hollywood Blvd."

:wideeyes: :huh: :wall:

Let's hope its just a red herring.......

14. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

It's been a few decades since my Bible learnin', so it's possible that I've merely forgotten that 1/3 of the Holy Trinity was an angry lil' She Devil.

Go Sharon!

15. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

See, I've always thought it was Judy-Barbra-Cher, so now I'm totally confused...... :confused:

16. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

17. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Are we reading into that that Sharon Needles gets eliminated this week :(

18. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

I sure as hell hope not. :(

19. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I hope not either.

From the preview for this week's episode of what Sharon is wearing, I'm almost positive she makes it to the finale because there's an image I've seen several times throughout the season with Sharon having tentacles on her hands and as far as I know, we haven't seen that outfit.

20. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

^ I saw a screencap of that, Allen. Probably correct.

A few Sucksters viewed tonight's episode, yesterday when it was [accidentally?] previewed and then withdrawn online. I peaked.

As the show is just hours away, I won't comment on what they said the runway/elimination results were, but I will - if you want - reveal the sole topic of the "epic" Untucked episode (note: nothing that would spoil/hint at results):

22 minutes of Latrice, Sharon, and even sweet Chad calling out/yelling at PeePee for all of her hatefulness, hypocrisy, and attempts to sabotage. I. Can. Not. Wait!
    :watch:

21. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

^ She certainly has it coming.

22. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

OK, well the NNN awards allusion to the 'holy trinity' was misleading. I'm happy. Just wish it was Phi Phi! Ugh. Guess we are stuck with her until the end.

Just realized that next week should be the final episode of the season, correct? Usually, the top 3 start the episode, someone is eliminated half-way through and the other 2 LSFYL for the crown (usually).

23. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Next week is a recap episode. So, I guess the finale is in the 2 weeks.

24. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:rofl: Chad's depiction of PeePee in the Bitch Ball puppet challenge may be my favorite minute of this season.

The orange spray paint, the snaggle tooth, the shade about PeePee's failed "The Help" joke, some more shade ... then the spot-on, dripping in sarcasm :cat: “I’m sure America is just going to love you," complete with a pinch to puppet PeePee's cheek. I fell over. Loved seeing that side of Chad, and loved seeing PeePee's "that's not me" reaction.

:lol: That the girls were reaching into a glory hole to draw their puppets. I'm wondering whether that will be The Soup's clip, or the intro with Ru making a dozen naughty puns about dogs and bitches while introducing the theme?

:( Goodbye Latrice. But, it was time ... big girl hasn't really done anything noteworthy in a long time, her only bright spot being the duets challenge victory that Willam was 90% responsible for. Chad was far better last night, and schooled Latrice in the LSFYL. Done deal.

:respec: Wonderful runway "goodbye" words from Latrice, as well as some sweet mending words to the other gals in the Untucked episode.

PeePee really did do well - in all respects except for being a decent person - this episode, so I can finally agree with the praise she got on the runway. But, :blah: if she wins this.

Dita Von Teese in the pink box lounge. :lol: Very funny bit, good for a giggle. But, really, I don't buy it "as presented."

25. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

Headline the Absolut tour??? Not so much, unless she has a huge following in the younger gay community. I'd be happy with Sharon or Chad.

26. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

I would be shocked if Sharon didn't win, also shocked if Pee Pee isn't the one eliminated halfway thru. I think both Sharon & Chad show a lot more originality in the challenges. Maybe it's because I like Chad's fashion taste more than P P's but I hated the dog park Nikki Minaj look. And I loved the Cruella De Ville runway look. I would have put P P's overdone look in the bottom 2. If she had been there, Latrice would have buried her in the LSFYL.

I wish Chad & Latrice had supported Sharon in that she wasn't lying about P P. Maybe she would have woken up to reality if more than one person would have called her out on her backstabbing ways, like when she told Jiggly to do the magazine challenge seriously instead of funny. And Chad should have confronted her about her ragging on her age. BTW P P complained about Sharon's wish for a cruise but she always thinks someone is sabotaging her if she doesn't get her choice, like with the dogs. Someone had to have the bloodhound, so why not the most unpleasant person? And I have NEVER seen her offer Sharon any help. She has a very twisted view of herself.

I also thought the right people won the 2 challenges. Chad was hysterical with the puppet & Sharon's look in all 3 challenges was spot on.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2012
  27. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

Untucked should have been called Unbearable this week. I wanted to throttle Phi Phi to make her shut. the. fcuk. up.

ETA I was sorry to see Latrice go. i loved her spirit. Plus she did two of the best LsFYL's ever.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  28. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Agreed. Besides PP going off as usual, I was sorry to see Latrice being so nice to her. I've been waiting for the day when Latrice would kick her ass (verbally)! I also wish Chad would have said the things about PP directly to her face instead of just venting to Sharon. Ah, well...

I LOOOOOOVED the "conversation" between the dogs in the Interior Illusions Lounge--hilarious!

29. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

That was the best part!!! :rofl: Latrice's poor puppy's head-tilt when she was in the bottom two was priceless.

Dita von Teese! WTF? :lol:

30. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:lol: Bitch, I am from Chicago!