Ru Paul's Drag Race Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by olympic, Jan 4, 2012.

1. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Another funny video, Gay Shark Tank, with cameos by Willam [telling potential suitors "it's all brand new 'down there'" :lol:], Coco Peru, and Jai Rodriquez, among many others.

2. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

^ MISS COCO!!!! :cheer2:

"YOU'RE rejecting me?" :rofl:

Lord luv ya, Miss Coco. ;)

David Burtka is also quite funny and adorable. :lol:

Last edited: Feb 19, 2012
  3. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Most of the video was just cute for me, but the "Taxidrag Confessions" part actually made me laugh out loud.

4. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

So did anyone else see episode 4? I was hoping for a good catfight ;) but all we got was some name-calling & some bitchery. The acting scenes were kind of funny...some of the guys were really bad actors though. I thought Jiggly, LaQueer, Milan, & Kenya were all really bad...too bad they couldn't send all of them home. And the entitled & conceited attitude of both Milan & Phi Phi is starting to get really sickening. I can't wait till they are gone...I really hope neither wins.

5. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:cheer: Well deserved win for Latrice Royale, easily the best-ever big gurl Ru has cast! Willam did a FAR better job assigning roles than did the overmatched Madame L.

:watch: Will the battle between :yawn: petty pageant girl Phi Phi and :kickass: "party city" ghoul Sharon Needles come down to a hair-pulling fight or a LSFYL? Or will they become BFFs after a come-to-Jesus girl talk?

:blah: Phi Phi, creepy Kenya, and all fishy pageant queens.

Milan. Ugh. Out next please ... her Diana-Ross-on-a-bender, next week, just might do the trick.

:lol: Willam's commentary and candids. Girl has been boring in challenges and on the runway, but is a kickazz narrator. "[Milan] swifted the stage with her taint" ... asking Latrice if tucking is a "one man job" ... etc.

:) I need to go fetch the full "sitcom" videos, as it seems we were only shown a portion.

:cheer2: Snatch Game next week!

6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i find kenya disturbing to look at

7. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

The right gal (Madame LaQueer) was sent packing this week - terrible in the challenge; terrible runway ensemble.

I thought Kenya should've been in the bottom 2 as it was, because Milan wasn't that bad, just mediocre - you're ... safe (stern look from Ru).

Jiggly was sooooo lucky that her group won. That runway get up at the end was even worse than Kenya's or Madame LaQueer's. She would've been definite bottom 2 if her group hadn't won.

I think Dida could've won, had it not been for her nasty knees on the runway :lol:

Phi Phi is wound really tight, isn't she?

8. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

May I just say I DETEST the ridiculous LSFYLs that descend into acrobatic stripteases. :mad: Just like that bullshit when the tranny did the backflips or the fake lesbian stuff betwixt Raja and Carmen last season.

AND these bitches need to stop taking off their wigs!!!!! :drama: SO tacky.

I dunno, it was just an uncomfortable episode from soup to nuts (*hehehe).

But BRAVA to Latrice, so well deserved!!! :cheer2:

Matt Mutchnick seems like a douchenozzle, though Sharon did need to shut the f*** up. :rolleyes:

9. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I agree, I kind of wanted Milan to be sent home, just because she was so ridiculous in the LSFYL. And I totally concer about removing their wigs...what does that have to do with portraying a singer?

10. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I've liked Sharon up until this this episode, when she started backtalking the producer. The line she kept going up on didn't strike me as being that hard. Although I thought Willam was worse. If your day job is acting, being a snotty twat to Mr. Will&Grace probably isn't the smartest career move. I was surprised by DiDa this ep - I hadn't expected her to do that well.

11. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

It doesn't. But it does tell me that they're desperate.

12. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I am watching Blubberella on Netflix and guess who plays the token gay guy...Willam! He is probably the best thing about the whole movie and has many of the best lines. The movie is just horrible though but I think it is supposed to be.

13. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Willam also has the best lines in another classic (wuzrobbed of an Oscar :drama:) Ticked Off Trannies with Knives. Total snarkbitch character ... obviously, the cast wrote their own lines as they filmed, or merely were told to "just be yourselves". :lol:

Oh, NetFlix :swoon: -- the cinema magnificence we might've missed if not for you.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2012
  14. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

Thanks! I just put them on my Netflix queue. :lol:

ETA: Pandora Boxx's recap of this week's episode

http://www.newnownext.com/rupaul-drag-race-recap-pandora-boxx-madame-laqueer/02/2012/

Last edited: Feb 23, 2012
  15. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I got the feeling that Willam was making up his dialogue as he went along or he wrote it himself. Either that or he was very close to the writer, haha

16. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Anyone watch last night???

Snatch Game is awesome :hat1:

But, it was a mix between really good and really bad! :yikes:

Millan is a chronic under-performer. I think Ru is getting annoyed. Millan has a great look, but seems terrible at performing.

And WTF is up with Willam? Did a great Jessica Simpson, but the monologue at the end was really cringeworthy :yikes:

Sharon Needles as Michelle Visage :lol:

Chadd Michaels did an awesome Cher.

Phi Phi needs to cool her jets. She's wound way too tight and now she comes across as just a bitter bitch with a chip on her shoulder :blah:

Jiggly was saved by the fact that there were others that were really terrible

17. my little pony

i fell asleep, who sashayed away?

18. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

^ Kenya Michaels.

The entire episode was bizarre. :yikes: At Sean Young-esque levels.

Latrice was right (although she admittedly did a 1/2-assed Aretha): The twats in the front row ('cept Chad) were ridiculous. I woulda tossed all three off.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  19. my little pony

god bless us, i never thought they would get rid of her

20. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Snatch Game was an improvement over last year's boring debacle, only because the triad of Chad, Willam, and OMG Sharon as Michelle Visage rescued it from said Sean Youngesque weirdness. Willam's Jessica Simpson had me :lol: even before the Game began -- the name sign (Jessica "misspelled" and restarted twice before finally getting it "right").

Sharon took a risk, and it paid off. But Chad was perfection -- funny while still respectful of the woman who's made his career -- and deserved the win. Go play the entire Snatch Game video for a full view of what the judges saw.

"Emotions are for unattractive people"! :rofl: A few gems last night from Willam, as usual, along with what :drama: :shuffle: acting. Girl is what she is. I'm enjoying that she came here with a "character," and is playing it through ... not going off script. Latrice, Jiggly, and Dida seem to have Willam pegged, too, and seem to respect her "bitch" but "smart".

:shuffle: Latrice does NOT suffer fools, does she? Respect that.

:cheer2: Creepy troll doll is gone! Phew, I am shocked that Michelle and Santino would let go the fishiest fish ever to grace the RDR stage. Milan was headed for bootsville (and will go soon anyway), but then Vogue'd her way from the abyss in LSFYL.

:blah: Phi Phi's mouth and ego are each FAR larger than her talent. I'll give her small props for giving Chad the phone call, but that eggs-between-the-legs challenge was the first memorable thing she did besides bitch & moan & stew in jealousy over any queen who experienced success.

:eek: It hit me last night, after 3.5 seasons, that Class Uniquness Nerve & Talent is also an acronym. Ru, you naughty naughty thing. :cold:

21. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Oh COME ON! Really? :rofl:

Aw, our Beefangel, so pure, so unsullied........ :saint:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2012
  22. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Yes, :shuffle: really. Pure and innocent, like a spring duckling.

Oh, and ... d'oh, I think it's "Charisma" vice "Class".

23. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I have to watch this on the internet on Tuesdays & their website is down so I haven't seen this episode yet. I'm glad Kenya is gone. Was Milan also in the bottom 2? Can't stand her or Phi Phi.

24. Fan123

Fan123 Active Member

Sharon Needles seems to be the one to beat, although Chad Michaels is not too far behind; she's more likeable and less controversial. My top 4:

Sharon Needles-edgy and unique, but can she still win with a softer look?
    Chad-polish and articulate
    Latrice-I don't see a big girl winning, although she does command the respect from the judges and other queens
    Milan-no matter how horrible she is in the regular challenges, she can always LSFYL out of trouble.

Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  25. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Milan and Kenya were the bottom 2. Phi Phi was bottom 3.

26. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Good assessment, Fan ... one I cannot argue. Nor would I want to argue, as it'd be :cheer2: optimal -- the best ever F3 for Drag Race.

Chad -- so :kickass: in pretty much every challenge ... almost can't picture her falling into a LSFYL situation. That doesn't say she'll win it all, but CM seems a lock for the F3.

Dida, despite the rough edges, is gonna be a tough out! There's something about her that I really like ... and the judges do too.

If I were to predict: F3 = Chad, Latrice, and [not sure -- hopefully Sharon, but maybe Dida, or, ugh, Phi Phi]

I'd like for Willam to hang around for a while for the snark ... and to help drive Phi Phi to slit her wrists. PP's "you don't BELONG here" Untucked bitch-stab at Willam has me wondering, "does 'here' mean 'here in the F3/late stages in the competition, or ... here in RDR, in general?"

27. Aceon6

Aceon6 Get off my lawn

I took it to mean RDR in general. The younger queens don't seem to appreciate an actor in the mix. I think Latrice has an easier time as there are more actors among the older crowd.

28. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

I also think Ru was spot-on with her assesment that the younger queens have GOT to brush up on their pop-culture references.

I am so afeared of the vintage camp we're gonna lose when old queens (like yours truly!) are put out to pasture. :drama: :(

29. Nomad

Nomad Well-Known Member

I hope Phi Phi is the next one to sashay away. I don't know how she even got cast in the first place; she doesn't seem to have any real talent in any aspect of drag. For me the top three are Chad, Sharon, and Latrice; Willam is too blase despite the snark. His Jessica Simpson could have been hilarious but was too low energy, and the teary little runway speech was weird and squirm-inducing. Milan is like Sahara Davenport 2.0; I guess Jiggly is the token Asian queen (I can't think of any other reason for her being on the show); Dida's kind of like Shangela 3.0, the raggedy-ass queen with some performance skills. I wonder she wouldnhave fared better in Snatch Game if the other girls in her row hadn't gotten so out of hand.

30. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Agreed, although I'm still enjoying the snark for now. I did think Willam's "teary" speech was absolutely fake, since the judges told him he wasn't emotional enough just before that. I don't think he's all that great an actor...