Ru Paul's Drag Race Season 4

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by olympic, Jan 4, 2012.

1. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

2. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

3. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

I can hardly wait!!!
  4. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

I know another contestant-- I think I've known one every season. I think it's time for me to stop hanging out with drag queens. So long, Beefcake.
  5. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Pathetic groupie!
  6. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Sharon Needles is pretty funny, time will tell if she's great or just obnoxious. The Princess seems interesting, too. Kenya Michaels is adorable!
  7. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Jealous? P.S. Ask Beefcake about our friend who made out with Juju Bee.
  8. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Jayar, that's who! It was a glammy/messy pile of wigs and make-up after 30 seconds.

Meanwhile, Long Beach's pride and joy -- Miss Tammie Brown :cheer2: -- has had the unrequited hots for the Beefster for a year now. Understandable, of course.

Speaking of Tammie, she was her usual :lol: hoot as one of the 9 ladies dancing a few weeks ago on Leno. (Along with 8 other Drag Race alums, including Pandora Boxx :cheer: and Sonique, who may be all-woman now.)

There's a part 1 of this, where the Tonight Show guy goes to Mickey's in LA to recruit the "girls." Pandora offers him her Christmas "package" with a :rofl: devil's grin.
  9. luenatic

luenatic Well-Known Member

I watched the whole darn thing and it was hilarious! Thanks to Pandora Boxx's FB post about it. :)
  10. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:cheer: Go Sharon! I'd love to see her in the F3, but it ain't gonna happen because -- yes -- Mz Needles is DEFINITELY out there ... it'll be her downfall by mid-season. I'll enjoy until then.

Willam (or however it's spelled) was very good three or so years ago on Nip/Tuck. A pivotal multi-episode role as a pre-op tranny who is brutally bashed, then gets her revenge, then becomes friends with the lead basher, then :yikes: ... pretty harrowing final episode, even by Nip/Tuck standards.

:blah: The big girls look as lame as all those who came before them on RPDR. (Delta Work should've been the exception ... is far better than she was on the show.)
  11. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

Hey Beeftranny, it was NOT I who made out with Juju Bee on the cruise-- though I think I might have spanked her. It was our other friend. Maybe you were still looking for that kitty punching bag when this all happened?
  12. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

^ Beeftuck and/or Jayar with J-bee? :biggrinbo

Photos, video, daguerreotype, whatever is handy, would be most appreciated. :D

BTW: Tell Tammie to come and do NYC (ahem). :) Has she been here before? I think she'd feel right at home. :40beers:
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  13. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Hmm, some may consider this Drag Race Untucked clip spoilery ... I guess if you see someone more than once?

:lol: A kinder, gentler 'Untucked'

Too funny. Willam's :hat1: roles in Ticked-Off Trannies and Nip/Tuck and her dry Facebook comments on being cast kinda won me over. But, she's bulleted up my rankings due to her in-on-the-joke demeanor while being :drama: barked at by some histrionic queen.
    :rofl: ........... :rockstar: + :glamor: + :kickass: = Willam

:cheer: Sharon Needles' otherwordly make-up in a couple of those shots.
  14. olympic

Man, these gals are quite vicious this season. A long way from Season #1 - where the worst snarling came from - Rebecca Glasscock :yawn:
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2012
  15. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Wanted to give a bump for tonight's premier!

Go team Needles! :cheer:
  16. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:lol: Guest appearance spoiler for tonight's episode,* and his/her "storyline" ...

Shangela is brought back! ... and then "killed off"!

*(which reportedly can be played, thru to the runway show, from the RDR Facebook page.)
  17. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

And your spoiler was the best part of the episode :)

Now they're just showing the first segment. I watched up to the runway on Saturday and I have to say that it's really one of the best episodes of the series. I'm really excited to see the runway and lip synch tonight.
  18. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

ITA 100%. :watch: I think this is the most varied group of queens ever....

......and methinks we should be expecting a showgirl vs. genderf*cker throwdown sometime this season? I hope so! :biggrinbo
  19. olympic

Sharon Needles is going to provide most of the :eek: and :yikes:
  20. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

it was as if they tried to think of a challenge to favor sharon, but sharon really grabbed that challenge by the throat and strangled it.

best part was the death of shangela on principle and seeing the old contestants as the zombies
  21. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Sharon Needles :lol:, Chad Michaels, and Dida Ritz F3, please!

Also love Willam, whose snark and "in-on-the-joke" demeanor is deliciously dry. Stirring the shit, ever so gently, and fully owning it. It's what Shangela could have been last year if she hadn't adopted a "my sh*t ain't sh*t, and besides it doesn't stink" mantra. Willam was especially funny egging on Phi Phi, who seems already in fever-pitched resentment mode. She's already to the point of late S2-Raven, whose disdain of Tatiana sent her into uber bitchdom.

Yuck, Kenya Michaels (really, two "Michaelses? :lol:) cannot go away soon enough. Fishiest fish ever on RDR. Not just "in costume," but out as well. She -- and I do mean "She" -- had on a Forever 21 shirt and shorts ditty in the workroom. Yuck yuck yuck. She'll go far, of course, as Ru had her walk on the wild side last season and is likely ready for more boring "pretty". :scream:

Lots of sweet guys out of drag. The Princess and Chad, particularly.

Great cast! Besides the cast space waster that left first, I just want the aforementioned Phi Phi and Kenya off of my TV screen.

I like Latrice very much (fierce and great comeback backstory), but the other two big girls will be gone quickly. Overmatched. Really, Jiggly, you don't think that by S4 you shouldn't have known to come with sewing skills in place?
  22. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

I was afraid she wouldn't be very versatile, but based on the clips for Untucked, she shows quite a bit of variety.

Shangela shouting "hellelujh" while the zombies descended on her was :rofl:

I thought the whole Zombie scene was great. I loved Sharon running around giving compliments to the past contestants. Raven looked pretty amazing as a 40s zombie and I loved Delta's Dia del los Muertos makeup.
  23. my little pony

she looked amazing, i would have liked to get a better look at it.
  24. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

Yeah, I was surprised that she wasn't shown more. If Chad hadn't mentioned her being there, I'm not sure we would have seen her. Venus, Pandora, and Raven got most of the camera time.

And :rofl: that Sharon thought Chad was a zombie for a split second :)
  25. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

I just thru watching the 1st episode & Untucked online. I couldn't believe who won the 1st challenge. And I was surprised at who went home although her LFYL was definitely the loser. (Just in case someone hasn't watched yet.)

I'm so ready for Jiggly to be gone - her outfit was awful in the main challenge - and her attitude sucks. I'm not enamored of the girl who was ragging on her though. I haven't learned all the names yet. The big black girl who has been in prison is pretty unattractive although I like her personality. And I also loved the previous contestants as zombies.

I was outraged for the one who was arrested for DUI & then had to undress in front of a crowd. I think he should have sued that police dept...do they treat straight rapists & murderers that way? I think not.
  26. my little pony

best quote of the night:

jesus is a biscuit, let him sop you up
  27. duane

duane New Member

Does anyone know when (if) it airs on VH1?
  28. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Oh, :lol: I almost forgot to add my biggest chuckle for the night ...

... the mention of "honey badger" - as a term of fierceness - twice during the episode. :rofl:
  29. olympic

I hold out hope for this season, but a lot of these Gals looked seriously untiffed in the 1st episode.

The Princess telling Sharon Needles she was into her because Sharon had that 'Meth' look :rofl:
  30. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:drama: No comments about last night's eppy? No comments since 1/31?! :drama:

Okay, I can see why. Following one of RPDR's best ever episodes, we had one of its :yawn: yawniest and least inspired.

Boring challenge theme. Boring runway theme -- "Best girlly girl look". Ru must've been in heaven, forcing everyone to "play fishy", but it bores/bored me to death.

And it was capped off by the judging panel declaring that big faced little girl Kenya Michaels as "the one to beat." Ugh. WTF? Based on what? A bottom 3 appearance followed by last night's bit of jumping around on the wrestling mat, doing the same tired "talk fast in Spanish and jump around" spiel that took Yara Sophia to the F4? Well, maybe I'm biased ... still squeebed out by Kenya being far more a woman than a man. :sekret: Willam allegedly spilled that Kenya has been feminizing herself with girl hormones for a while.

:lol: Willam has GOT to make it to Snatch Game ... can't see why she wouldn't. That challenge was made for her dry dry dry wit.

:swoon: I still adore Chad Michaels. Such a sweetie, and I'm glad that she won the challenge ... even if it meant that that dull, overstuffed beige barcolounger LaQueer also won.

:rofl: Alaska's seeming "proposal" to Sharron turning into the bit it we'd expect from drag queens.
  31. my little pony

i couldnt watch, i hate wrestling

who sashayed away?
  32. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

LaShawn Beyond. She LSFYL versus The Princess, who the queens agreed "has it but isn't bringing it", but made the fatal mistake of taking off her shoes even before starting to lipsynch. Therefore, she was dead meat on the spot (shoeless is a huge no-no ... Michelle even tweeted about it last night). Princess out-performed her anyway.

LB's goodbye was very nice, very positive, and very much in agreement with the judging panel. She's young, and can be better ... and will hopefully also reconsider that horrendous name -- "LaShawn Beyond"? WTH, were you 13 when you came up with that?

Madame LaQueer and Jiggly Caliente, next please!
  33. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

I so do not get the Kenya Michael's love either. Fishier than an Italian Christmas Eve, yes, but nothing spectacular, IMHO. :blah:

DiDa can walk the shit out of that runway, but her look is atrocious, pure Claire's Accessories and ratty wigs. :yikes:

Still undecided about Willam. She'd better turn up the glam, 'cause she's looked sorta trashy on both runways so far.

:respec: to Sharon Needles! You want girly girl? Coming right up! *WURQ* ;)

Chad :swoon: Reminds me of that line from "Singin' in the Rain": She's so refined. I think I'll kill myself. :lol:
  34. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

I love Sharon Needles, which is a big surprise because I didn't think I would. I also like Chad Michaels. I want to like William but she's so arrogant...she reminds me of last year's winner in her attitude. I also like The Princess & didn't think she deserved to be in the bottom 2. Her LSFYL was really good.

Can't stand Jiggly, she's the annoying Shandela of this season but worse. I don't think Kenya is the one to beat but I liked her runway look this week & what I saw of her wrestling. I FF'd thru most of the wrestling scenes. Since they didn't send Jiggly home, LaShawn was the next best pick. I hope Jiggly is next & then Laqueer.
  35. my little pony

ita on jiggly

she's annoying in the show then in untucked she is even worse
  36. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:lol: I cannot explain it, but I really kinda dig Dida and her tragically unstyled look and stompy walk. Much rather have a man in a dress like Dida than a pwetty fish.

And, [warning warning! pathetic name drop ahead!] sweet and nice in real life ... and by "real life" I mean that one time my friend and I were sitting at the Ripples bar with her, or rather him (out of drag). :) Seems like a genuinely nice man.

ETA: How did a "thumbs down" icon appear over my post? Is someone judging me from high? It's the hegemonic ho 'Admin', again, isn't it? :mad:
  37. olympic

On the contrary, I was roaring with laughter during the Pro Wrestling bit :lol:

Madame LaQueer - :kickass:

The Princess let me down. I thought she'd be better. She seems way too catatonic! :yawn:

LaShawn Beyond is (was) pretty :blah: as well. Still, I would've had Dida Ritz in the bottom 2.

Willam has potential but is pretty poisonous. :lol: at Michelle Visage's remark aimed at her- 'smarmy' :lol:

Milan has potential, too

Phi Phi is wound pretty tight, isn't she? I think every season has at least one.

Latrice Royal :scream: - good job as a wrestler, but I can't see her keeping up with most of the other gals in other respects

Jiggly is scraping bottom, just surviving

Sharon Needles might be the sleeper of this group - actually quite versatile
  38. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

Jiggly has self esteem issues, I'm not condoning her behavior. But usually people are hurting only know how to hurt.

HOWEVER, Shangela was never never that insecure. I watched an interview on youtube with the GREAT makeup artist Billy B; he mentions that Shangela is nice and cool person. If Billy likes her, I'm sure she's good :)

*He has done a makeup after the show and has showed her to tips :p

I'm ready for Jiggly to go;

I have much love for Latrice, Willam, Sharon, Chad; I'm still on the fence about Princess and Dida.

LaQueer isn't going to make it far, but he seems like a great guy though.

I think I've seen Phi Phi's drag show before, but I'm not sure.
  39. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

Phi Phi is one high-strung queen. :yikes:

And Ru was SPOT-ON with "Telenovela realness". :rofl:
  40. Allen

Allen Glad to be back!

To be honest, I have to wonder what the talent pool was like that allowed Alisa, Jiggly, LaShawn, Milan, and LaQueer to make the show. I'm still on the fence about Dida, but she's not particularly strong either. The Princess is SO bland, so I'm not really sure why she's there either. I feel like the talent pool in season 3 was a lot deeper as Venus, Phoenix, and even Stacey Layne are far better queens than most of these people.

I'm for Sharon to take it all the way, but I just don't see Ru picking her even though she's shown herself to be very versatile.

I want to like Willam, but I just don't. I don't get taf's comment that Willam's personality is similar to that of Raja. I feel like Willam is going to go far though. I just hope she doesn't win.

I'm afraid Kenya is the chosen one. I thought she looked good in the challenge, but she's not doing anything interesting or exciting. For me, Sharon is the only one doing anything innovative.

And then we have Latrice...who reminds me of a black Divine in a lot of ways. I LOVE her, but I just wonder how far she'll go.

If you watch the preview for the season of Untucked, you can get a lot of hints as to who sticks around and who goes.