Royalty Thread #6 - Touring the World In Haute Couture

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by centerstage01, Apr 19, 2014.

1. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

Charles and Camilla are attending Victoria Day celebrations. There are musicians, a comedian and a Queen Elizabeth II impersonator. They do not look impressed with the impersonator and I can't say I blame them.

2. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

William is tall--I wonder how he liked those tiny coach spaces. :slinkaway

3. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

He's spoiled and thinks that women should automatically be attracted to him because of his title, from what I see. I have heard lots of awful stuff, including that the out-of-wedlock children he purportedly has is only the tip of the iceberg. The African flight attendant who is the mother of his son has been making quite a stink about his lack of attentiveness towards the boy Alexandre.

ETA: I can't believe Prince William flew coach. I would have at least flown first class and let the detail go coach if need be.

4. Parsley Sage

Double post

5. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

There's always business class in between. Less expensive than first and a lot more comfortable than coach. And I would imagine, easier to handle for security as well because there are less people to watch? Or maybe not because of the through traffic. You'd think that first class was the easiest for security because of its seclusion.

6. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Not always.

For a short domestic flight there are usually only two sections, no distinction between first and business. Some regional jets don't even have sections. He flew coach on a short route, no evidence he did it on the international leg.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  7. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Not to mention the rumors of poor Charlene being taken off a plane back to South Africa in an attempt to escape the wedding. Or that she was on benzos during the wedding... :eek:

That's what I thought to myself. But may be there are rules as to how close they need to stay to him and 1st class is too far? I don't know, not a royal. :shuffle:

That makes more sense. I just can't imagine him slouching in coach on a transatlantic flight back to London.

8. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Fellow royal watchers, I'm a bit concerned that our friend AragornElessar has not been posting lately, so I just checked and she hasn't been on FSU since late March! Does anyone know her? It's a bit troubling that she's missed both the recent royal tours and other news as she usually enjoys them so much.

9. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

I should have been clearer, as I was thinking about the trans-atlantic flight when I posted.

10. Skittl1321

Yeah- If he's flying coach domestic, I'd bet he's in business class international. Enough first class tickets for all the security would be a lot of money.
    Or maybe he really pays out and just does a private plane internationally?

11. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Way cheaper to buy a dozen business class tickets than to charter a private plane for transatlantic travel. Way cheaper.

12. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

WTF was she thinking? WTF is he thinking? I still think that Caroline should be the heiress apparent, or whatever they call it. She seems to have a lot more on the ball than crazy, creepy Albert. But then wouldn't Caroline have to go back to being just a Serene Highness, and not a Royal Highness? How does that work? She's HRH because her husband is one, correct?

And Charlene hasn't gotten pregnant yet? Either she's having problems conceiving or she is keeping her hoo-haa under lock and key. Couldn't the throne theoretically go to Caroline or one of her sons?

Maybe that is what it is. Besides, one of those flight attendants might attempt to feel him up or something... ;).

13. Skittl1321

Hence the "really pays out".

14. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I dunno how that works in Monaco... :shuffle: It's a constitutional monarchy, right? So Albert probably couldn't do much damage.

15. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I think he has done damage, though, with the out-of-wedlock kids and the dicey start to his marriage.
    Poor Grace - I know she'd be cringing right now if she were alive to see the train wreck that is her progeny. Or maybe they'd have turned out differently.

16. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Yes, if Albert and Charlene have no children the next person in line is Caroline and her eldest child, son Andrea.

17. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

They are the eurotrash of European Royalty. Sorry but it's true.

What bothered me most about the wedding, aside from it taking place if the rumors were true, was that he touched her a few times in the ceremony in a way that conveyed callous disrespect, imo.Like he touched her thigh, and I swear he touched her on the butt, too. Very sad.

18. Parsley Sage

She is posting on the Royal Forums website.

Jenny and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

But I hear that her kids are brats who lack the know-how on how to run the family businesses or the principality. :sekret: sez Andrea in particular has a serious drug problem.

20. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

True. He has not exactly contributed to the glory of that royal house. Is Andrea sane?

21. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i dont know about sane but he and his hippy wife dont look particularly clean

22. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I guess. Andrea looks like he just came out of a methadone clinic, though. He was so handsome at one point. Something about those Grimaldis - they hit a wall really quick. That fast life I guess. Princess Stephanie really looks worn down - more than any of them. Her daughter Paulina is pretty though. Albert may be cray-cray, but no one else has the know-how when it comes to running Monaco. One of the few things he learned from his dad.

23. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Great. What a family. They should be on a reality show.

24. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Rainier was a bit of a spoiled twat. He was pretty much raised by his grandpa IIRC. Prince Louis. His mother, Princess Charlotte, was illegitimate - the product of Louis' dalliance with a French cabaret singer in North Africa. Details here. Rainier's life was not a happy one growing up - he was bullied in the British boarding school he was sent to. He ran away and his family put him in a French-speaking Swiss school, where he did much better. But his parents fought constantly, mainly because of his dad's bisexuality. I think when Prince Pierre asked for a divorce from Charlotte, Prince Louis had him banned from Monaco for a time. All of this craziness had to have an affect on him, and how he'd raise his own children. Grace walked into a firestorm when she married him.

He was known to have bullied Albert, and once even struck him with a tennis racket because he didn't like the way he played, or something twatty like that. He was harsh on Albert but indulged his daughters, especially Stephanie. Princess Grace was the disciplinarian.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
  25. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

:eek: And everyone (myself included) thinks it's awesome to be royal, without much responsibility but with all the advantages.

26. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I think so many people (myself included) saw Grace as flawless & princess-like that we forgot that she was just an American actress who was without a clue when it came to royal protocol. And there is no indication that she was a wiser mother than anyone else. Her kids sure don't show any evidence that she guided them in any meaningful way. Or maybe Rainier was too big an influence.

OTOH, say what you will about Diana, I think she really loved & understood children & her kids turned so much better (notwithstanding Harry's occasional acting like a brainless ass.) He also seems to have a good sense of responsibility.

27. orientalplane

orientalplane Mad for mangelwurzels

No, they don't. Not here in Britain, and I imagine the same is true in most, if not all, other monarchies too. There are far more republicans (that's with a small 'r' ;)) than the media would have you believe.

falling_dance likes this.
  28. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I guess it is in some ways. But it's pretty much life in a fishbowl. I try to ignore the BRF as I am tired of their overexposure, but I cannot help but wonder if maybe Cressida saw that coming and got scared.
    Grace herself came from a competitive family and her dad sounded like a complete asshole, as did the mother, who was very hypercritical of Grace. She even detailed all of Grace's love affairs in a magazine article after she became engaged to Prince Rainier. They were estranged for a while. Even after her marriage, they pretty much remained unimpressed with her. As for her parenting, I think Rainier was too big of an influence.

But Diana was also starved for attention and affection. Her parents did not provide a lot of that.

29. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Yup, apparently Cressida Bonas doesn't think being a royal is all that.

I don't think she would be expected to do as much as Kate as the understudy's wife. Plus Prince George now supercedes Harry anyway. And William and Kate may have more kids. A long shot for Cressida to be Queen.

30. Skittl1321

Not ascending the throne doesn't mean she wouldn't have duties. I think Harry's role is more likely to increase than decrease in the coming years. He's just not likely to serve as King.