Royalty Thread #6 - Touring the World In Haute Couture

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by centerstage01, Apr 19, 2014.

1. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Something is seriously wrong when Putin has better skin texture than the Duchess.

2. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Is Kate a smoker by chance?

3. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

That's true, though I doubt the queen is in a position to do much about it.

I see that Princess Beatrice decided to wear orange peels in lieu of a hat at Ascot. The Queen and Sophie Wessex did much better.

4. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I think Sophie looks the best, but I like Beatrice and Eugenie look really good too.

The only person I think looked bizarre was Harry (and he was acting bizarre). Too many colors going on. White shirt, blue tie, pale yellow vest, black coat, gray pinstripe pants. It's like he got dressed in the dark. Even if it was just the pants matching the coat I think it would look better.

5. Skittl1321

One person on the thread said she is- but a few of us questioned that, since there has never been a photo. Surely they could have gotten one when she was less famous. And the fact that there are various nude-ish photos of her when she thought she was in private, but not one of her sneaking a cigarette really seem to make it unlikely to me. The press would be way to excited to reveal she smokes.

6. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Count on Bea to bring the hat voids :rollin:

7. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

8. mag

mag Well-Known Member

I remember reading something about how she used to smoke, but quit when she met William.

9. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

At least she's no Queen Margrethe :shuffle:. Sorry, but I'm obsessed over her teeth.

I know the Grimaldis all smoke. I think their milk was laced with nicotine. :EVILLE:.

10. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

11. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I'm not buying that Kate is or ever was a "smoker" (as opposed to someone who has smoked on occasion).

If a person as high profile as her was ever a smoker, there would be pictures. If she smoked in her college days, there would be pictures. If present day paparazzi had pictures, they'd be out by now. Why would they release topless and other private photos and but hold back images of her smoking? To protect her reputation and privacy??

I wouldn't be surprised if she's had a few over the years, perhaps when socializing with friends back in the day, and maybe still sneaks a drag here and there, but there's nothing unusual about that.

Plus, for smoking to have a marked effect on the face and skin of someone in their early 30s would suggest a heavy smoker over a long period of time - not someone who's had a few here and there.

If her skin doesn't always look fresh and dewy in every photo, I'd be inclined to look at genes, skincare, makeup, lighting, pregnancy and weight before I'd think of smoking.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
    AxelAnnie and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I can't believe she doesn't have stylists. She should be bffs with London's hottest stylemakers right now.

13. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

It's morning dress. I was expecting something odd but it looks fine to me.

Andrew's looking ROUGH these days....

mag and (deleted member) like this.
  14. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

If she had "stylists" continually at her disposal; no doubt there would be critics of that, also!

15. Skittl1321

I would be absolutely shocked to hear she doesn't have stylists. No doubt she does a lot on her own (probably including her makeup) but when putting together multi-week long trip wardrobes, she surely has someone helping.

16. Skittl1321

The photos included many other men in similar style outfits, and none looked as mismatched as Harry did. Looking at photos of Harry in morning dress elsewhere (with a black coat- as opposed to matching the pants) I think the problem is the contrast of the vest and the tie. All the other pictures I've found of him on different occasions he looks fine.

17. skatesindreams

I'm sure she does, also.

18. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Agreed on both fronts - I though Harry looked quite dapper in his morning suit - especially with his brolly!! Any yes Andrew is definitely showing his age and some!!

19. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

Of course, it's ok to snark if you want. But I'm a little surprised by the endless nit-picking of basically everything about Kate. Rex was surprised by the criticism of Letiza & I was making the point why should she be any different than Kate where that is concerned.

Nothing I've ever read about Kate tells me that she is trying to compete in some kind of beauty or fashion contest. She wears what she is comfortable in & what will not embarrass the royal family. She is a little conservative but that is 100X better than the hideousness that is Michelle Obama. Yet for some reason FLOTUS doesn't generate a 10th as much criticism. /shakes head

Oh please - they had the photos but they were too classy to show them? yarite

20. Skittl1321

Are you kidding? People criticize her endlessly. Others really like her style.

But I think when you get "Princess" as your job title, you're expected to have a certain style quality. It's part of the image.

21. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

A personal hair stylist visited the hospital when she was giving birth to make sure her hair was presentable upon departure. Of she has other people taking care of her public physical appearance. Is there anyone in her position who wouldn't? I do wish her makeup artist, or whoever gives her makeup lessons, would lay off the eyeliner.

As to whether Kate is a smoker, I'd be surprised if she smokes regularly. Too easy to get caught. Then again, I've heard that Camilla smokes pretty regularly, and the Queen sneaks in a smoke too, but they're not chain smokers.

Kate used to smoke, though I don't know how regularly. There was even a joke about it in her high school yearbook. She's also been photographed with cigarettes in her purse. If you say those aren't cigarettes, tell me what else she could reasonably carry in her purse to a night club with that shape and size and flip top.

With all the pressure she's under, I wouldn't be surprised if she sneaks a cigarette in every now and then. Smoking also can help keep weight off. People say she's too thin now, but watch what happens if she (gasps!) gains a few pounds. I wouldn't even be surprised if she's shared a joint with her brother-in-law :lol:

22. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

I sure love the headline of that article :rofl:

23. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Even in 2007 when she was quite a bit younger, her skin didn't look good.

24. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I know, right? Michelle gets raked over the coals for her fashion choices. And to be honest, some things she wears look bad on her body type (long legs, high waist), and other times she is splendid looking. It all depends.

25. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

26. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Kwan? I wouldn't say she has long legs or a high waist.

27. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

I think he means Michelle Obama.

28. skatesindreams

29. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I wonder if a lot of time in the sun without SPF has not contributed to that. That's as bad, if not worse, than a bit of smoking. Her family lived in the Middle East for awhile when she was young and beach vacations seem to be a regular event for them as well.

As for no smoking pictures, we never saw a photo of Laura Bush smoking either and she does.

30. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Martin Luther King, Jr. was a smoker too - most folks didn't know. His handlers thought it best if they kept that on the DL.