Royalty Thread #6 - Touring the World In Haute Couture

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by centerstage01, Apr 19, 2014.

1. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

New thread! :)

2. JJH

JJH Well-Known Member

Thanks, centerstage01 !!!!

3. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

This thread should have been named after bonny Prince George. Sooooooo cute! :)

4. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

5. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

The eyelet dress was great.

I like the royalty thread titles to be more inclusive (and happily, MILF-free this time). There's more than just the British royals!

6. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I lurved the white dress with the blue flowers. Gorgeous...and would probably look good on a lot of body types.

mag and (deleted member) like this.
  7. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Just a note to all those who are commenting on Kate's skirt flying up when she arrived in NZ, if you haven't exited a plane in NZ wind and made that long walk down those stairs, you should try it sometime. It would have taken dumb bells to keep that hem down! Furthermore, those cameras were significantly below her. I think her outfit was lovely, and George looked very happy for a baby who has just been on a long flight, what more can we ask for. I may not like every outfit Kate wears, but she is always appropriately dressed and seems genuinely happy - as does William.

8. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

That eyelet dress was gorgeous! And the espadrille wedges. Possibly my favorite outfit of hers ever.

9. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I am not the one clutching her pearls over the skirts. I don't really mind and understand that wind happens. It seems the concern is emanating from the palace. What they need to understand is that it doesn't seem to hurt Kate's image one little bit.

10. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I marvel that the Duchess is always so appropriately attired for all these events.
    Even with help. it must be a challenge.

I love the blue and white ensemble she wore today.

11. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

If you google the following: "queen kate wardrobe", what you will find is that story #1 came from the Daily Mail. Every other story follows that one in chronology. And that makes the likelihood of there being any truth to it about zero.

The Queen has a very intense job herself. It does not leave time to be the wardrobe police for the rest of the family and the notion that she is issuing edicts about skirt length or shoes or personally picking out Kate's clothes is laughable.

12. mag

mag Well-Known Member

I realize you are not one of the critics. I do find it an interesting study in human nature how so many feel the need to tear others down. I do get a little annoyed at the whole working full time thing, but that is the palace, not Kate, making those statements. As far as I can see, Kate's biggest crime is marrying the man she loves and working to have a happy stable home in which to raise her children. I love reading What Kate Wore because I find it a great site for fashion information. They provide lots of links and helpful information. I don't want to look like Kate, or wear the same clothes as Kate, but through her clothing I have discovered designer I had never heard of. In the slightly altered words of Patrick Chan, it is only fashion lol!

13. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

I really am amazed you still seem to be insisting that the Queen is worried or concerned regarding some wind and Kate's outfits - I really doubt HM QE2 or anyone at the palace is clutching anything in regards to Kate's clothes and is probably very happy with how this tour is going and the immense popularity of her grandson and his family!!

14. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

It does?

Well, if you are so sure, please say hello to HM next time you have tea together. ;)

15. canbelto

canbelto Well-Known Member

Love the eyelet dress. And is this the first time she's gone open-toed/tightless since she had George?

16. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

17. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Why should he have to put up with a toy when the real one was so close :lol: Just like any other kid :) Loved Kate's dress - as well as her earlier one at the church service - the Queen must be very proud how this young couple - and their son - are acquitting themselves on this tour ;)

18. floskate

floskate Vacant

HM The Queen's 88th birthday portrait by David Bailey has been released. It's one of those angle ones where the head looks larger than it really is but I kind of like it. She looks genuinely happy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-27093369

19. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Is that portrait a photograph? Because it doesn't look like a painting.

20. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

It's a photo.

21. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Dumb question eh? But the word portrait isn't usually used for a photo.

22. Skittl1321

Weird. When I think of a potrait, I think of a photo before a painting.

Portrait photography is many photographers specialty. And even places like Sears, Walmart, JC Penny advertise "Portrait Studios".

23. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

David Bailey is also famous for taking portrait photos of the rich and/or famous. The article linked does sTate in the second paragraph that this is a picture rather than a painting.

Personally I think it is nice to see the Queen smiling like that - must be the length of Kate's hemlines ;)

24. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

Yeah, dumb bells....or an extra set of hands. Michelle Obama had a similar problem debarking in a skirt....POTUS to the rescue!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...iddleton-moment-stops-skirt-blowing-wind.html

25. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

I agree HM does have a wonderful smile, but the use of a short lens distorts her face too much for my liking. This photo was always one of my favourites.

26. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

27. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

Ah, I did wonder why the top half of the Queen's head looks smaller than the bottom half - why on earth did he do that? It's like a vague caricature and just odd. I don't like the photo for that reason.

And Kate wore the blue poppy dress best :lol:

28. Skittl1321

I think Kate and Mindy both look very nice. Without seeing shoes, it is tough to say who is styled better.

The photo of him holding down the back of her skirt just makes it look like he's grabbing her butt. And a Kate Middleton moment? Has no other woman in history had a skirt fly up before?

29. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

30. Ania

Ania Active Member