Royalty Thread #5 - Kate Now Officially A MILF

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by floskate, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Not his royal grandpa's ears, I assume. Maternal grandfather's ears seem quite all right. (His hair seems to be holding up well, too, so there is hope for baby keeping his past his 20's. ;))

2. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

:rofl::rofl: Wish I could rep you!

3. liv

liv Well-Known Member

Yes, Charlie's ears are the ones in question, lol!!

I remember Prince Philip saying that hopefully Diana would bring some "height into the line, " and with both of Charles' boys being tall, she certainly helped with that... and now, hopefully, Kate will have brought some " long lasting heir hair" into the line, :)

4. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

That would depend on her father, wouldn't it? I think hair genes are passed on through the paternal side of the mother. How's her dad looking like for hair loss?

5. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Lol, that's where I'm from and I think most people think it would be cool :)

6. bek

bek Guest

Its possible they won't name the baby George though. There's talk that Charles is planning on taking the name George for his regal name.

7. Lara

Lara Well-Known Member

I didn't get to see much news coverage yesterday but did watch them leave the hospital live today. :) Definitely a lovely moment!

Going back to the weight discussion in the last thread, I'm just glad it would appear the hyperemesis gravidum wasn't too severe.

8. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Clearly I can't count. . . 1901 - 1837 = 65???

I was amazed at their composure (in the vid and brief interview leaving the hospital). I mean, I guess this is a requirement of royal people that you don't just LOSE IT in front of everyone but considering how little sleep I'd gotten after my daughter's birth, I was an emotional wreck and burst into tears kind of constantly in the early days :) Also, I think I'd feel like, "Back OFF, people, and get a life!"

9. shan

shan Well-Known Member

What sweet family photos. The baby is such a little cutie! :)

10. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Check out the link in my previous post in this thread -- his hair looks as good as his ears do. :D

11. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

:respec:

12. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Um, not all Americans are descended from ancestors from the British Isles, or for that matter, even from Europe.

smurfy and (deleted member) like this.
  13. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I'm not sure that is what Latte meant. We share a language and in many ways a common culture. The fact is that our national roots are attached to Britain, even if everyone's DNA is not.

14. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

...I hope the people on certain other boards complaining about how she looks tired or isn't tiffed enough either have a baby via "natural" childbirth or (if male) get a kidney stone and see how spiffy they look twenty-four hours later.

15. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Glad to know I wasn't the only one w/tears running down my face this afternoon when we "met" His Little Royal Highness for the first time. There was just so much love and joy, it was just pouring off the screen.

Oh and didn't William look like the cat who ate the canary *and* the cream too? Mom pointed out it looked like that top button on his shirt was going go flying any second. :D

Oooh...Someone is *not* happy in that picture. Hopefully once they got a bit further down the road and it quieted down, he also calmed down.

I'd think all that noise would bother him more, as I don't think we saw his eyes open.

It is indeed.

You know after the last month of major weather related stories, Calgary/Southern Alberta floods, the beyond tragic train derailment and disaster in Lac-Megantic, Quebec, the plane crash in San Fran and the verdict/ongoing disscussion in the Trayvon Martin case...It was so lovely to see the news dominated by something joyful and happy for a change. Not to mention watching History taking place. It really has been a Special few days. :)

Before I forget...Anyone else see the pictures of Niagara Falls lit up in blue.last night? Of all the landmarks that did that, IMO, the Falls was the prettiest of them all.

16. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

17. myhoneyhoney

myhoneyhoney Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the carseat (specially if one is not expecting any time soon) but I can agree with the dress. Kate has wonderful style and her choice is clothing is so classic yet modern and fresh!

18. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Yeah, I want her wardrobe. lol I am trying to dress more like a grown up so I'm actually taking some style tips from her (or more like the stylists who plan her outfits!) in regards to dresses and the like. I also love her hair and am contemplating a similar cut. But the scary people obsessed with her... yikes. They aren't as bad as the Diana worshipers though who scream about Camilla (who I really quite like!) coming near this baby being treasonous.

19. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I thought her dress yesterday looked a bit hospital-gown like because of the color and cut (though apparently it was a custom-made Jenny Packham), but it didn't matter in the least with Kate looking so glowing and happy.

20. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

I think it's that a lot of us were raised on fairytales. The Prince marries his true love and they live happily ever after. They live the life we've been taught was perfect.

21. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

Beautiful pics of a beautiful family! :cheer:

22. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I think this. It is a sweet love story.

For me, it certainly isn't that I feel England is a "mother country". My ancestors (on both sides of the family) would likely roll in their graves if they 'heard' I felt that. But for those with English heritage, maybe that makes sense to them.

I thought Kate looked BEAUTIFUL coming out of the hospital. I found her dress to be very stylish and liked the nod to Diana's (I thought hers looked like a nightgown, but was just a baby so don't know the styles of that time).

23. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Diana's was NOT the style of the times. I thought hers was hideous. Both of them wore dresses that had room for the extra tummy but Diana's looked like she was trying to hide her whole body. IMO it took her years to dress attractively. Starting with her wedding dress she tended to like dresses that had yards of unnecessary fabric.

24. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

It took her a long time to be confident, too. On the footage they showed yesterday from William's birth, I had the impression she wanted to hide somewhere, quickly. Though even Charles seemed somewhat shy.
    William and Kate were just glowing and bursting with pride.

25. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Considering that our laws were originally based on British common law when the country was founded, and that the new country's government was largely represented from each colony by people who were mostly of British Heritage (with some exceptions) and many early "rebels" had actually been born there, you can honestly say the US was founded with a very close association to Great Britain. My affection for Britain isn't so much the percentages of citizens we now have that have British ancestry, whose numbers are fewer each year, but the fact that Britain has been our very staunch ally and friend for a very long time. Personally, I'm English/French/Welsh and every time I go to Britain I feel like I'm "home." I could honestly go back there and live out my life. I'm sure many other US citizens feel the same when they visit China, Brazil, Israel, etc.

Whatever-William and Kate are a sweet couple and I'm thrilled for them. Long live Prince Whoever! Can't wait to find out the name.

26. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

oops

27. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Diana's wedding dress absolutely was the style, at the time. That was the Dynasty era. Big shoulders, pouffy dresses, huge bows, lots of taffeta, big hair. I got married a year later, it was hard to find dresses that were more classic. The awful dress she wore, leaving the hospital, was not unusual (at the time) for maternity. I had lots of "Lucy Riccardo" type tops and dresses. It was a trend. Now, there is a whole lot more fashion put into maternity wear. Not so voluminous, more like non-pregnant clothing.

28. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

I loved that dress when I first saw it. Of course, I was such always such a girl, and the bigger the dress the better :D

I just heard on the news that the Queen broke with tradition and went to Kensington Palace this morning to visit her grandson instead of having him brought over to her!

29. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I thought Diana's wedding dress started the poofy dress trend rather than following it? And Dynasty style strikes me as a bit different than what she wore earlier on - not as soft.

This is the only royal wedding dress from around the same time that I've found so far, and it's nowhere near as over the top as Diana's.

Maternity wear used to be really hideous, so I can't fault Diana for not looking stylish wearing that sort of stuff.

30. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

These women are not buying and saving these maternity dresses in the event that they do get pregnant. They are wearing them while not pregnant. I like her clothes, too. That is why I read the page sometimes (although, it has reached the point where I read a lot of it like people stare at a train wreck). But I'm not going to wear maternity clothes since I am not pregnant. And, quite frankly, having a very different body type, most of what she wears would just not work for me. And that is something a lot of these women seem terribly unaware of as well, based on the photos they post.

I will admit to being inspired by some of her shoes when shopping!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.