Royalty Thread #5 - Kate Now Officially A MILF

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by floskate, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I mostly like it. I just don't care for the white accents.

2. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I loved the yellow dress esp the white accents. Diff'rent strokes & all that.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  3. halffull

halffull The most wonderful time of the year :)

I'm also not normally a fan of yellow but I love this shade and think she looks stunning. The bits of white material add some interest to the dress :)

4. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Lol, I can't wear yellow (or at least only a couple specific shades) so I love to see it on people who can!

5. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

6. vesperholly

vesperholly Well-Known Member

You're probably thinking of the official Australian colors, which are green and gold. The Australian flag has a Union Jack in the corner, blue as a main color and white stars in the shape of the Southern Cross constellation.

7. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I like how bright and cheerful it is, it's a nice contrast to her usual wardrobe - which is nice, but sometimes a shot of color is good.
    I am a brunette and I guarantee you that I do not look great in yellow.

It's nice, but the print isn't my cup of tea.

Thread almost ready to wrap, I hope the next one will have a better title :p

8. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

9. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

10. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Yup, they told her to weigh down her hemlines, so she did. :p

He is not always serious:
    http://www.usmagazine.com/uploads/a...william-kate-middleton-prince-george-zoom.jpg

That is level 4 cuteness. Lovely picture of mom and baby.

11. skatefan

skatefan Well-Known Member

12. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

A retailer's dream. If I were a designer with a relatively affordable line (McQ, anyone?), I'd be up all night designing a dress that might please Kate.

13. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

I really don't think the Queen is worrying too much re the Kate's wardrobe as it is gorgeous and she is an amazing ambassador for the UK. I think you give way too much credence to what the Daily Mail believes the Queen is thinking or has said :rolleyes:

14. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

15. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Maybe she weighed it but it blew up anyway. Depends on the wind speed.

16. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

It wasn't just the Daily Mail. I've read it recently NOT in DM that the Queen wants Kate to project more "majesty", whatever that means. It certainly does not necessarily mean longer hemlines but that's what the article said--more high couture, more royal bling, less high street, less casual wear, less recycling, longer skirts. They cited a palace source.

Whatever the case, I am glad Kate looks beautiful as always on this trip. Her style does not need tweaking. She is nearly always perfectly dressed and groomed.

17. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

That story started in the DM and spread from there. It is very much looking as if it is entirely untrue. She has worn plenty of off the rack clothing on this tour, including a top from Gap. She has worn very little jewelry beyond her normal choices. The only thing that could possibly give it credibility is that some of her hemlines have been lower, but lower hemlines have been in stores and on runways this spring, so she is likely just on trend there.

18. JJH

JJH Well-Known Member

Could somebody start a new thread, please? With a title that doesn't make me flinch every time I read it? Sorry to be so prim, but this title just seemed so disrespectful.

19. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Well, if the Queen wants "less recycling"- I'm glad they've ignored it. In his brief appearances, George has already "recycled" an outfit.

20. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I like recycling. It's common sense and if you have an outfit you love, why not wear it again?

21. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

She did wear some more diamond bling recently and bright colors (that bright bright yellow that William snarkily called "bananaesque") that people described as characteristic of the Queen. Which would be understandable had Kate worked with the Queen's personal stylist, as the article suggested. But it seems Kate had only paid minimal attention if such suggestions really were made and with some exceptions, continued wearing what she likes.

As for the Queen and looking majestic, I understand that bright colors make her easier to spot but not necessarily make her look any more regal. To me QE2 looks like an eccentric elderly lady who likes to dress like the magical older folks in Harry Potter. Le shrug.

22. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.