Royalty Thread #5 - Kate Now Officially A MILF

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by floskate, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Also the first time he's been outside, plus all the noise from the crowd. But might as well get used to that sooner than later! I thought it was sweet that Kate and William appeared to tear up a little at all the love from the crowd.

2. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

Twitter:

3. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Okay...people are insane. I saw this apparently serious comment about Kate on one site:

"I wonder why she looks tired".

And another criticizing her for not wearing full makeup.

Because this woman didn't give birth not even 27 hours before that photo call. How dare she not be energetic and fully put together!

4. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I think you are going to the wrong sites PDilemma! I'm seeing nothing but joy all over the internet right now - not one bad word at all.

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

she looks more refreshed than i do right now, i think she looks great

6. Hanna

Hanna Wheeeeeeeeeee

PML, Kate wearing high heels less than 24 hours after giving birth! :rofl:

ETA: Non, from another angle I realized that they were actually heels but rather flat instead of spike heels.

7. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

8. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Let's be honest though, what baby DOESN'T cry in the car seat? Lol.

He looks precious, and his parents look so happy. Congratulations to the new family!

9. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

John Paul George Ringo :lol:

LilJen and (deleted member) like this.
  10. PDilemma

Some of the royal watching forums are vicious. And it is crazy Diana worshipers who are the worst. According to them, Diana looked "fresher" and "happier", etc... And a Kate oriented FB page has loads of commenters angry that Camilla was "allowed" to visit the baby as she should be banned from his life and possibly locked in the Tower.

Sometimes I read it for amusement. Not so amusing to me when they are ripping a woman who gave birth yesterday to shreds.

11. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Royals and the wealthy do children right. A fleet of nannies for the middle of the night and those days of colic. See them when they're clean and smell sweet and not when they're throwing a tantrum. :respec:

I have no patience for the Camilla haters. It's not her fault, nor Charles', that he was forced into a marriage of convenience to produce an heir. Diana knew what she was getting. I'm glad both Camilla and Charles were able to finally be together and be happy. I doubt they give a damn what the haters think or say.

Nan, smurfy, Holley Calmes and 3 others like this.
  12. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Nice gesture from the Royals (per MSNBC's website)

13. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

I reckon the only 2 people who could be upset with Charles marriage to Camilla are William and Harry and as they both attended their fathers wedding looking happy and relaxed and decorated the going away car I would say they are more than OK with it and if they are OK with it so am I :)

mag and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Yes! :rockstar: Make it so.

Idiots.

Here's what various other royals, including Crown Princess Mary and Crown Princess Victoria, looked like leaving hospital after giving birth. I don't think Kate compares unfavorably :) they should all be grateful that there was a photocall, I certainly wouldn't want to do one a day after having a baby!

You would think that after this long, they'd realize that William and Harry get along well with Camilla and that she is part of the family. They went to the wedding, Camilla's granddaughter was one of the bridesmaids at William and Kate's wedding, people really should have gotten the message by now.

Diana may indeed have looked fresher, but considering she was only 20 when William was born, that should hardly be shocking.

15. PDilemma

I totally agree.

16. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I'm actually pretty pleased she got to take a shower and her hair looks great. :lol: People are fools.

17. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

18. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  19. PDilemma

He was probably feeling like Grumpy Cat. I doubt anyone warned him that he was going to have to do a press conference the first time he ever went outside. ;)

Over at the home of insane Kate followers, What Kate Wore, they are trying to identify the exact brand of car seat so they can purchase accordingly. I'm not sure those asking have babies. Considering some of them were purchasing maternity dresses to look like hers when they were not pregnant, it is possible they will be strapping their cats into them.

20. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

Fringe, crazy folk are part and parcel of any celebrity life. Nowadays it's way easier for them to have a voice because of the internet and 24 hour news - :shrug:. Can't imagine why normal people would care about or visit those sites.

21. PDilemma

I started reading it when it was new and small and basically just featured pics of royal engagements and brief info on the designers of her outfits. But it has grown perhaps a little too much and the crazies rule now. I still look at it once in awhile out of curiosity. There are still sane people who are just interested in fashion--which is not a crime and does not mean they are crazy--but the majority are people who apparently need someone to copy in every facet of their lives.

22. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

That's fair.

23. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

I think we all secretly think of England as our Mother Country even though we have been separated from them for 300 years. It's sort of in the genes.

24. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

THIS^^^^^

25. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

every one has their own niche minutiae that makes no sense to most people, say the pot to the kettle in the OTBT of a figure skating website in the off season. but posting in a thread just to let the people in it know you dont get is a long standing tradition here so carry on.

26. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

Because the British throne has always allowed for female succession (since the 16th century, anyways). Since then (barring revolutions) succession goes from king to eldest son- if there is no son, a daughter will inherit before a brother of the king. If there is no brother, a sister will inherit before an uncle or cousin. The change is that succession will now go to the eldest child, regardless of sex, whereas before if William and Catherine had had a daughter then a son- the younger brother would inherit before the elder sister. No longer.

Queen Victoria's father Edward Duke of Kent was the fourth son of George lll- he died when she was a baby. George lll's eldest son succeeded him as King George lV. His only child, a daughter (who would have been Queen Charlotte) died in childbirth, so he had no surviving children. His next brother Frederick would have inherited, but he died (childless) before his elder brother, so he was succeeded by his third brother William lV. William had no surviving legitimate children, so he would have been succeeded by Edward, but he was dead, so William's niece Victoria was next in line.

Interestingly, up to that point, the Kings of England were also Kings of Hanover, but Hanover did not allow female succession, so when Victoria became Queen, Hanover went to the next brother, the fifth son Ernest Duke of Cumberland- the line there exists to this day (although the Kingdom, of course, no longer exists since 1918).

27. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Phillip Charles Henry Michael?
    Charles Phillip Michael Henry?

28. allezfred

allezfred Old and Immature Admin Staff Member

And I thought I had a low crying threshold. :lol:

29. liv

liv Well-Known Member

LOVED seeing the little guy doing the royal wave already. They just all looks so genuinely happy. I think Kate had tears in her eyes at one point at the reception they were receiving. This baby and family is full of love.

From the first few close ups that were hard to see, it looks like the baby looks more like William... but we all know they change everyday for the first i dont know how many months. He'll switch back and forth for a long time. And we all know that often dads want their kids to look like the moms and vice versa. The only thing I wish is that he doesn't inherit his grandfather's ears...:)

30. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

First, I don't think you understood my post. I didn't mean FSU'ers in particular. I meant I don't understand the American fascination with all things British Royal. And if you read my post #82, I said that Jenny's response was fair.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.