Royalty Thread #5 - Kate Now Officially A MILF

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by floskate, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Here's a good link - the gallery on the official site doesn't seem to be working yet so Daily Mail again.

Love them all except sadly I think they've touched up Kate a bit much :( And James Middleton needs to ditch the facial hair, pronto!

ETA: oops sorry centrestage I see you've now added a link :)

Love how everyone is coordinated - men in baby boy blue suits; Kate, Pippa and Camilla in lovely cream; Mama Middleton blending in with the men in dark blue; and as per usual, the Queen leading the way in a bright colour. Such an attractive group!

ETA again: I keep seeing new things in these images! The Queen makes me :rofl: with her trusty purse always at her side; comparing a picture of Harry's christening I have to say Charles looks MUCH happier these days, and Camilla looks radiant as IMO she usually does; Harry *always* looks like he's having a ball; and Philip is looking healthy - hopefully that's not just a touch up but reality.

Sigh, I can't help it, these people make me happy.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  2. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Really? I think James looks way better with the beard than without. And at least it's a full beard and not a goatee or moustache.

One board I read doesn't have anything good to say about ANY of the pictures. Kate's wearing the wrong color, she looks too photoshopped, the Queen didn't hold George (she may have, they just didn't release that picture for whatever reason), Camilla's in the picture (why wouldn't she be???), this wasn't done or that wasn't done...good LORD the whining.

3. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

centrestage you need to get off that board - here we love pretty much everything :)

I think the one shot where the Queen is looking quite fondly at George is really nice - even in a formal portrait I'm getting a sense of family and fun. Check out the gallery of historic christenings in decades past where pretty much no one looks like they want to be there :lol:

And people really need to get over Camilla for heaven's sake - if the Queen and Diana's own sons accept her as family that should be good enough for the rest of us.

Although I agree Kate looks touched up and that does disappoint me a little as she is naturally so lovely.

4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i love a properly made fruitcake with full on alcohol. someone made me one for xmas 2 yrs ago and i hoarded it like a faberge egg.

5. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Love this dress of Kate's. This is exactly the kind of thing I would wear if I had royal galas to go to (and, you know, money to spend :lol: ). I love the sleeves, neckline, skirt, everything.

6. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

That's my favorite. as well.
    Even though it's posed, the subjects seem relaxed and happy.

7. mag

mag Well-Known Member

I love that dress! (I am slightly annoyed by the writer saying William is babysitting. No, he is parenting.) I do think the dress is screaming for a lovely sapphire necklace and maybe earrings - and then get the hair out of the way so we can see to jewels. But that is clearly not Kate's style and I'm sure she really doesn't care what I think ;)

8. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I really like those pictures, especially the very happy Prince George of Cambridge in the one shot!!!

My only criticism is that against Kate's outfit, the baby blends in a bit. I liked how they all colour coordinated for the affair, but in the pictures little Georgie could have been framed better by a slightly darker colour.... and while Kate looks great, something about her looks a bit too perfect and I think it's the eyebrows. They're too straight. Not that it matters... those are charming pictures that the families will cherish for many years and rightfully so.

9. mag

mag Well-Known Member

I think the problem with the formal photos is that Kate has bee photoshopped a bit too much. She looks way better in the snaps from the actual service. Yes, she looks a bit tired, but she is the mother of a 3 month old for goodness sakes! I wish they would stop trying to erase all the little imperfections. She is lovely just the way she is.

10. Wyliefan

Agree with you both on the "babysitting" thing and the necklace. I would totally wear a necklace with it!

11. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

WRT the necklace suggestion: not sure if this was the Coco Chanel rule but didn't she say that before you leave for an event, look in the mirror and take off one piece of jewelry? I love that Kate is not wearing a necklace. She already has substantial earrings (but not too big) and an interesting but clean neckline. Why pile up? I think it's one of the secrets of Kate's elegance: understatement and clean, unbroken lines. :respec:

If I were to nitpick, I'd say she's a bit heavy-handed with make up at times. She does her own and with this navy blue dress, my screen shows very fuchsia cheeks. I would recommend a more natural colored blush and a better job blending. Something like this: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-Z7ODenITMvQ/UN9iYt_ROcI/AAAAAAAAAqk/o87ciZno8gk/s1600/DSCN1516.JPG

I am not always against piling up if you are going for a casual look. I like that with leather bracelets and stacked rings but even in that case I'd pick just one item to go big on and keep the rest at bay. I think this super cute and youthful but you don't want to wear a ring on every finger with that. OK, how did I just turn this into a fashion monologue? Kate will do that to you. :slinkaway

Last edited: Oct 25, 2013
  12. mag

mag Well-Known Member

^^I agree that Kate has a lovely style. I just like to see jewels and I think she really would look fabulous in them, but only if she is comfortable. I also think that Diana was really known for her jewels, especially sapphires, so I can understand why Kate might want to go her own way. The hair, however, does drive me nuts at times, especially when it is in her face (lord, I sound like my mother!) Kate has beautiful hair but I don't think the down and straight look was the most complimentary look with that dress.

13. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i respect the restraint with the jewels, because if i had decent access to hard core jewels, i'd look like a drunk 4 yr old at a tea party

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  14. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:lol:

15. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

What a cute baby! :D

I wish Kate would cut her hair. It's so distracting and annoying to me. Or just pin it up and stop flicking it everywhere. I love that dress.

16. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Me too :)

I just checked out Whatkatewore and they have a photo of her hand and she is wearing a lovely new ring on her right hand.

17. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

She should cut her hair because you don't like it? Really? Perhaps she likes it. Perhaps William likes it.

18. Wyliefan

It would be a temptation, all right. :D I LOVE jewelry -- the good stuff, the costume stuff, and everything in between. But I know not everyone likes to wear it all the time, and she looked just fine without it. I'm only saying I would have added a necklace because that's my taste.

Of course, when there are babies around, one does tend to get out of the habit of wearing necklaces. And dangly earrings. And charm bracelets . . .

19. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

A pile of hard core jewels would be a cool editorial shoot in Vogue.

20. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

Fruitcake lasts forever
    It is all I need to please me
    It can stimulate and feed me
    It won't leave in the night, I've no fear that it might desert me

Fruitcake lasts forever
    Hold some up and then caress it
    Touch it, stroke it and undress it
    I can smell every part, nothing hides in the heart to hurt me

I don't need love
    For what good will love do me?
    Fruitcake never lies to me
    For when love's gone, cake will linger on

Fruitcake lasts forever
    No need for a band on my second finger
    Unlike men, the fruitcakes linger
    Men are mere mortals who are not worth going to your grave for

I don't need love
    For what good will love do me?
    Fruitcake never lies to me
    For when love's gone, cake will linger on

Fruitcake lasts forever, forever, forever
    Fruitcake lasts forever, forever, forever
    Forever and ever

:inavoid:

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  21. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I have never had fruitcake. I have never seen fruitcake. Well, may be in the Yuna threads but not otherwise.

22. zippy

zippy Active Member

I think it's not so much photoshop but the lighting that gives that effect. It looks like the photographer was going for a window lighting look that appears like it was blasted a little heavily for those on the front row on the couch, particularly Kate and the Queen, and falls off for those on the back row. It looks better controlled for the picture of just her, William and the baby but I do think that what most perceive as photoshopping can be achieved with better lighting than what you see with the candid pictures from the christening. I'm sure a little photoshop work was done on everybody but she doesn't look airbrushed like you would see on a magazine cover. You can still see a bit of laugh lines and the texture of her skin looks unmodified. I do think this photographer didn't get the challenge of lighting a big group quite right and it resulted in Kate looking a bit washed out in a couple of pictures.

23. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I enjoy the royals (esp naked Harry ;)) & I was glad they shared the pictures of this special day. However wrong the colors worn were, how photo-shopped, how vivid, how washed out, how staged they were.

BTW what IS in the Queen's handbag? Nuclear codes, mace, emergency candy bars, what? Why must she always have it with her?

24. heckles

heckles Banned Member

Chicks try to get other chicks to have short hair, because it levels the competitive field. "Oh, you'd look so CUTE with short hair!"

25. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

Mean, bitter chicks, maybe. But I don't think too many people are in competition with Kate.

26. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Or they actually think they'd look cute with short hair? Long hair isn't the best look for everyone.

I think Kate would look nice with shorter hair, but I also think her hair looks lovely at the current length. I feel like the neckline of the dress did need a necklace though. But because of her hair down, I couldn't see her earrings, so I thought she was jewerly free.

27. liv

liv Well-Known Member

I think for that evening out something was slightly missing from her appearance. Now, of course she looked great, but I think she could have looked even better with even a small understated something around her neck, like a simple diamond. I like that she likes simple and understated, but a little sparkle there would not have been remiss because with her long hair you didn't even notice she wore earrings unless you really looked.

I can't help but say that I actually prefer how she dressed and did her hair before she got engaged!! Now she has to always look perfect and elegant so people like us can comment, LOL!

28. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I love Kate's long hair - and if my stylist and colourist are anything to go by, I'm not alone because they get requests for her cut, blow out and colour all the time :)

But like James' facial hair, to each his own :lol:

29. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

I remember reading once that she does have an American Express card ("Do you know me? I am the Queen of Engliand." "Yeah, right, lady, and I am Leonardo DiCaprio!") and that she has an excellent credit rating. :COP:

I expect she also carries with her a handkerchief or tissue paper, her eyeglasses, and maybe photos of her great-grandchildren and/or her corgis.

30. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

The official word in a recent bio was reading glasses, mints, a pen and a folded bill on Sundays for the church offering.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.