Royalty Thread #5 - Kate Now Officially A MILF

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by floskate, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

:lol:

I do love that they managed to do it exactly their way, and even keep it all a secret for a full 4 hours, which nowadays is near impossible. Love that there were no leaks and their families heard it the way they should - with a phone call directly from William. I don't even bother watching the "coverage" of what this so-called expert and that says will happen next (or the matter of AC!), but this is not a bad source of ongoing actual facts - What Kate Wore that many of us already follow for the fashions is doing a live blog right now.

2. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

She's a queen, not a frigging bandleader! If they have to pry anything out of her cold, dead hands, it will be a scepter, not a baton!

:drama: :glamor: :p

3. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

The most eye rolling to me was a British twit (one of the "experts" on Royalty, no less) on CNN saying that Kate must be relieved it's a boy. She's done her duty to the throne. What is this, the middle ages? Has she taken a Biology class or a Current events class? Hello, new succession law in place.

4. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I don't think she is trying to beat a record. She is merely living. It isn't like she is being sustained on life support by royal decree until the day she out-reigns Victoria. Abdication due to age or infirmity has never been the tradition in Britain. And the abdication of her uncle was a traumatic event for her family. She sees her vows as the monarch as a lifelong duty and is not going to walk away from that.

5. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

:rolleyes: Perhaps the so-called expert confused the UK with Japan, where only males can inherit the throne?

We were hoping for a girl who would be named after various awesome European royals: Princess Maxima Victoria Mette-Marit Mary of Cambridge ;)

6. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Exactly - it is her duty to her country and her people. As she gets older we are seeing her not only prepare for the future of the monarchy with Charles and William, but also for her own increasing age and inability to do as much as she once did. Look at the way she sent the family out on a worldwide tour for her Jubilee, and the way she is so clearly putting Camilla, Kate and Harry forward, ahead of Andrew, Edward and Anne. I think she will never abdicate, but rather as she can no longer perform all her duties, give Charles, Camilla, William, Kate and Harry increasing responsibilities. Same thing a smart corporation would do as its founder ages - put the next generation of leaders in place now, give them the experience, make sure they are well established within the company and with key stakeholders (in this case, the people of Britain) well in advance.

7. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

And just as a thought in response to a post above, I think people are fascinated about Kate and Will and their marriage and children not just because they're royals, but because it's history. Some day William will be King and later on, so will his son. These things go down in the history books and people like to be able to say, "I remember when that happened".

8. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

I vote for HRH Prince Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore of Cambridge.

rfisher and (deleted member) like this.
  9. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

QE II rocks. So, how close is she to Victoria's record? Victoria was 1837-1901, correct, for 65 years if my math is right? Elizabeth became queen in 1952, so it's been 61 years, roughly, so far. I admire her sense of humor and the fact that she stubbornly just keeps on going.

(BTW: Can anyone PM me an answer: Why did Vicky go to the throne and not her uncles when their dad died? With all the :argue: over the newest Windsor possibly being a girl and the change in law, well??? Confused.)

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013
  10. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I can see very specifically NOT using the names of the pre-Hanoverian kings of Scotland, unless they're deliberately trying to pander to the Scottish separatists. James VIII/II was the "King Across the Water" opposed to George I and that got ugly. Remember the Scottish kings are only related through a daughter of James VI/I and the current monarchs are technically German imports. OTOH, George was the reigning name of HMQ's father and I doubt they'd want to use his family name as "Albert" isn't very popular these days...

I can see unless they scream the Diana/Middleton connections up street and down alley using "Francis" being called pandering to Catholics what with the sitting Pope being Francis, though it might be a nice nod given the changes in the laws about that....

11. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Since Wikipedia says Prince Harry's actual name is Henry, I doubt it's going to be Henry. At least not as a first name. I like Alexander, I just don't know if I can see them, as parents, chosing that name. We'll see, I guess :)

12. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Geez, I hadn't even thought of Pope Francis! But then again this discussion really started long before he came into the picture. :lol:

Also meant to mention that Edward's son being James doesn't seem particularly an issue, plus it's also Kate's brother's name, and as for King James IV/I, he was chosen by the first Elizabeth as her successor, so I don't see a problem there either.

And yes, Harry's name is Henry but he's always been known as Harry, so I don't see a conflict but rather an opportunity to honour history and another important member of the current Royal Family. From what we've been led to believe, William, Kate and Harry are very close.

13. Artemis@BC

Artemis@BC Well-Known Member

The city of Prince George in northern British Columbia has mixed feelings about the possibility of the baby being named George. On the one hand, they'd obviously like the modern royal connection -- and increased profile it would bring. But oth, people doing Google searches for city services will have to do a lot of scrolling down the list to find what they're looking for!

14. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Yes, (setting aside that Elizabeth I's refusal to marry meant the son of the cousin she executed was pretty much the closest heir she had and the one with the best blood claim, ie least likely to touch off a major fight, which would NOT have been out of the question then) but unless a lot of people die or abdicate, Edward's son is not going to be king and precipitate an argument about WHICH King James he would be. There are people who would be VERY upset if they acted like the last King James of Scotland (who is NOT recognized as a King of England by the Hanoverians) didn't exist in the numbering-at the very least he'd probably have to be King James IX (iirc) of Scotland even though the current system doesn't acknowledge the last one. James just makes for a lot of numbering problems and given Scotland's moved more AWAY than towards the union it's probably not a fight anyone wants to have.

15. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Two of Victoria's uncles did become King upon the death of their Father George III - George IV and William IV and had no legitimate living issue when they died. Victoria's father - Edward - was the next eldest brother in the family but he died before he could become king so any legitimate child of his was the next in line to the throne - Victoria. There were some who did consider trying to by-pass Victoria for the next brother down - Ernest - but the law of inheritance in Britain meant it would have been very difficult to legally by-pass Victoria as the next monarch so she became Queen and the rest is history.

16. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

As far as names, they should take a page out of Jermaine Jackson and go with Jermajesty.

17. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Both sets of Grandparents have visited and it appears that the new family will be leaving the hospital in the next few minutes :)

18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I'm in tears!! They look so happy - could barely see the baby, but William joked that the boy has more hair than he does, and that he plans to remind him of his tardiness when he gets older for keeping everyone waiting :)

Kate is just gorgeous, they are glowing - she said he's already changed nappies :)

And they working on the name and will let us know soon William says.

What a sweet moment!

19. Twizzler

Twizzler Well-Known Member

So lovely!!! They were positively glowing. Kate looks unbelievable already. May God bless this new family!!!

20. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

PIX:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP4MFYRCUAApfCH.png

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP4MK5pCAAErCcY.png

https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=H...s=uynK-YGRJHLAnNTJRvmS5yIrc4DqOOsuLImKEM5jygw

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP4NfnFCYAALSMH.jpg

https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=H...s=LL6kcn0OYxpWmh6KQhTHLwa4cWUoQFuWJfJd5tU3iy8

https://o.twimg.com/2/proxy.jpg?t=H...s=cfi5gt1RBzwR7mHy2Uky4xJf3RhwV2DWUbErIeNRt0g

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BP4QHrSCMAA-zml.jpg

PHOTO: The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and their baby boy http://ow.ly/i/2GBtL*

QUOTES:

"He got her looks, thankfully." - Prince William #royalbaby

Prince William on newborn son: 'He's got a good pair of lungs on him'

"He's got way more [hair] than me, thank god." - Prince William

"It's such a special time," says Duchess of Cambridge as #RoyalBaby leaves hospital

21. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Amazing to see William with the car seat and driving away!

22. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

OK they just left - William put the baby in the back in a car seat with Kate, then got in front and drove his new family off himself! Love these two.

Hope many of you got to see it - I'm sure it will be plastered all over the news tonight.

23. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

I loved the way the baby seemed to be waving to the press :)

And into the car seat and Wills drives them away home to Kensington Palace!!

24. SHARPIE

SHARPIE Hapless Board Owner Staff Member

Aww :rollin: Loved that - As for thread title - 'Kate Middleton is Officially A MILF' ? :p

25. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

This is the best pic of the baby I've seen so far. I'm not sure he's pleased with all the attention ;)

26. screech

screech Well-Known Member

YES!!

Queen Victoria: 63 years, 216 days
    QEII: 61 years, 167 days

Video of first appearance. Lol at the future King of the Commonwealth having changed the baby's first diaper. You may be a future king, but even you can't get out of poopy diapers.

27. dardar1126

28. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

29. dardar1126

Twitter:

EDIT: This video includes their exit to the car w/the baby in his car seat, the strapping in of the car seat, etc. Also this video has clearer audio than the one from ITN.

30. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Can you blame him - all those flashing cameras must have been very distracting for him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.