Royalty Thread #5 - Kate Now Officially A MILF

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by floskate, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

So What if she set out to meet him (if she did)? How many of us set out to meet our favorite skater? How many fans set out to meet the actor or sports personality of their dreams? Unless we've delusional, we don't expect a RL relationship to come out of it. Well, I know some people think they are actually friends with a skater after they meet them but most of us live in reality. If there was nothing there but a social climbing gold-digger, would William have been attracted? I'll bet he met lots of girls in college who wanted to meet him only because he was royalty. He didn't end up with any of them, did he? So the fact she changed colleges (I went to 3) has nothing to do with anything. It's a non-issue.
  2. mag

mag Well-Known Member

ITA taf2002. That is exactly my point. Kate was planning on going to Scotland so if she changed Uni's so she was at school with William, what's the big deal. There were lots of women at that college. William had lots and lots of choices. He also had many opportunities to break it off. He could have headed out to sea with the Navy like his father did if he really couldn't figure out how to break things off. In fact, William did breakup with Kate but then decided he wanted her back. IMHO it is pretty insulting to William to assume the Kate manipulated him into marrying her. I think people are just looking for drama where there isn't any. I hope William and Kate just carry doing what they think is right and best for their family.
  3. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

She may or may not have sat out to meet him, but what the heck, not exactly a crime. And I am sure that in her wildest dreams she never thought he would actually marry her and she would one day be Queen or England.
    Very very lucky girl,
  4. mag

mag Well-Known Member

It is interesting how focus on goals in commended in some cases and not in others. My dh admits that he picked out 5 women at the beginning of a summer semester and was determined to date all 5 by the end of the summer. Now in his case, I was the first he asked out so he never got to the rest :p
  5. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

Just wondering...how on earth do you break that kind of news to your parents? "Hey mum and dad...I'm dating this lovely guy named Will. By the way, he's the second in line to the throne..."

I'd love to know what the Middletons' reaction was!
  6. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

Likely, they didn't hear it from her first, right? He's not exactly a private figure; I'm sure rumors travel quickly and it got back to them before she did. Could be totally wrong, though.
  7. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

They seemed to have kept the fact that they were dating out of the press for a year or longer, so she likely told them herself. St Andrews was a respite from the constant press for William and as long as the relationship was an on campus thing only, it was private like everything there was for him.
  8. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

9. nuge

nuge Well-Known Member

I bet that pleased full of self importance Andy :lol:
    Do you not know who I am ?:rofl:
  10. Vagabond

Vagabond Well-Known Member

A middle-aged divorced guy who moved back in with his parents, and the private security from the homeowners' association didn't recognize him.

Sad, very sad....
    IceAlisa, KatieC, barbk and 3 others like this.
  11. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

:lol:
  12. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I may be wrong, but I thought they knew each other for some time before they started dating. There was a group of them at school who all used to hang out and it evolved out of that. If that's the case then her parents likely knew she was friends with him, and knew it was unfolding as it happened - so no big surprise announcement.
  13. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I think it's a bit ... rude ... that Prince Andrew pointed out that the police "got it wrong" in his statement. I mean, duh, but they have a much harder job than any he's had, and he should have just graciously accepted the apology.
  14. mag

mag Well-Known Member

I have never read anything about Andrew which would make me think he is, in any way, gracious.
  15. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

yeah, i think out of the entire family, he's the one that would take this the hardest
  16. Lynn226

Lynn226 Well-Known Member

Queen Sofia of Spain is at the U.S. Open cheering Nadal. I cannot find a photo, but I saw her on TV.
  17. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

18. mag

mag Well-Known Member

She has such a lovely, kind looking face. I always smile when I see a picture of her.
  19. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Prince Harry is doing another Walking with the Wounded, this time a 208 mile South Pole Trek, in November.
    There are UK, Commonwealth and US teams. Harry is of course on Team UK, Dominic West (from The Wire) is on Team Commonwealth, and Alexander Skarsgard (from True Blood and my fantasies) is participating on team US. Kudos to all for participating!
  20. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

21. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

Prince William leaves the forces to focus on Royal Duties:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-24065166

It was to be expected and I'm sure he will do his Royal duties with as much pride as he did his duties in the forces - especially with being a SAR pilot.
  22. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Of course, the timing would have nothing to do with the fact that that means he can spend more time with his son, especially over the next year :p But he's earned it! :)
  23. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Sounds like he's still going to be quite busy with royal duties and charity, including this new role.
  24. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

The article says he isn't going to be a full time royal yet though. So yeah, he'll be busy, but he's going to get a lot of family time.
  25. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

Kate looked lovely in her silver sequin dress at the Tusk Conservation awards. There were a few photos though that caught an expression that clearly said, "I'd give anything for eight hours of uninterrupted sleep." :lol: But she soldiered through and it was great to see her all dressed up.
  26. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I really think she needs to put her hair up and lay off the eyeliner! She looks great not so skeletal though.
  27. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I can't link pictures at the moment.
    However, she looked fabulous!
  28. mag

mag Well-Known Member

I agree about the hair. Even just half up would look better. I suspect that William is one of those guys who likes long hair worn down.
  29. purple skates

purple skates Shadow dancing

30. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Kate is a naturally thin woman who looked just fine prior to her pregnancy. Calling her "skeletal" is body-shaming, unnecessary, and, frankly, not even accurate as she is muscular and well-toned.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.