Royalty Thread #5 - Kate Now Officially A MILF

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by floskate, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heckles

heckles Banned Member

Eh, his problems go beyond his appearance. His friendship with the pedophile Jeffrey Epstein and possibly sharing underage girls with him is a lot yuckier.

2. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

I think the most rabid royalty fan must realize that there's nothing different or better about royal blood. Being raised in that environment certainly makes people more refined & publically poised but their blood is the same as everyone else's. And when they act like certain members of the royal family, they aren't worthy of being called royal. I used to think QE2 was fighting a losing battle trying to clean up their reputations but William & Kate are doing a lot to help. Now if Harry would just stay out of the news......

3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

4. *Jen*

*Jen* Well-Known Member

No, they aren't.

No, he hasn't. He's not such an idiot that he'd think he could buck hundreds of years of tradition to be king.

Absolutely :rofl: There's a LOT in a name when it comes to the royals...it's why Charles would likely change his name if he became king. No King Charles has had a happy reign :shuffle:

Guys, this is FSU. If you want taste, you should look elsewhere ;)

You should do what the Brits do and take the piss out of them except on important occasions like jubilee celebrations and on christenings, when we respect them. Marriages are fair game however; we did have a prolonged national conversation about Pippa Middleton's arse :lol:

5. taf2002

taf2002 flower lady

George hasn't had such a stellar history either. G3 was insane & his son was a narcasstic hedonistic wastrel.

6. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

you make things up as you go along dont you?

7. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

Not true. His father never lived in England and was never a Mountbatten. The name comes from his MOTHER'S family. She was born Princess Alice of Battenberg (a great-granddaughter of Queen Victoria through her mother's line), and was born at Windsor Castle, as her mother and grandmother had been before her. She married Andrew of Greece in 1903, so she did not change her name when the rest of her family (who were living in England, where her father was in the British navy) changed their names in 1917 to the Anglicized Mountbatten, so technically she never was a Mountbatten. She spent the war years in Greece. When Philip needed a surname when he later joined the British navy-long before he married Elizabeth, he chose the name of his mother's family, as they were the ones who had brought him up after his parents' separation- particularly his uncles George and Louis.

8. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

9. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Cute! Young George appears very blase about it all. :)

10. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

I like that they've gone a more informal route :)

11. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

i like when there are dogs in the photo

12. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

Those pictures radiate real happiness.
    Long may it continue!

13. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

I agree. Please delete the last bit.

14. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I have to say I don't care for it much either. I get that the thread is supposed to be frivolous and fun, but I've always found that term pretty gross.

15. dardar1126

Twitter:

16. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

They look fabulous, like a wonderful happy family. But those pictures aren't good- the lighting is terrible. They look like they belong on facebook, not released to the media. I know they are trying to appear as 'normal people'; but most of the normal people I know have gone out of their way to get good baby pictures...

17. heckles

heckles Banned Member

So he's had a lifetime of hiding behind skirts. No wonder he's so cranky all the time.

18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I really like the photos - so natural and honest, and so sweet that they were taken by the proud grandpa :) I've also been reading/seeing excerpts of William's interview - sounds like such a well balanced guy. I'm glad Kate has had this time at home in the comfortable and supportive surroundings of her family in these first few weeks, rather than being locked up in some stuffy palace with a raft of servants around her. William is being very smart about doing his job and duty while quietly and firmly drawing the lines where it matters most to him, his wife and now his child.

Also, I think I'm finally warming up to the name George, now that I've heard William say it a few times - he pronounces it much better than I do :lol:

AxelAnnie and (deleted member) like this.
  19. dardar1126

Twitter:

20. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Lovely photo, only just needed a little fill flash.

21. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

I had seen these (and more) at couple other places but I don't think I will get tired of them soon. Of course there will be thousands coming in later. He is such a beautiful baby, and Kate looks so beautiful as a mother! William the Dad also looks so happy! I just love seeing a happy family like theirs.

halffull and (deleted member) like this.
  22. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Heh, they timed it right. Two minutes later he might have been screaming his head off :)

I, too, am all in favor of the dogs in the photo.

23. centerstage01

centerstage01 Well-Known Member

For the love of all that's holy, will the media kindly get over the fact that Kate's dad took the first "official" photographs rather than hiring a professional photographer? No, Mr. Middleton isn't going to be hired by Elle or Vogue any time soon, but I think the pictures are very nice and William and Kate look relaxed and comfortable, George looks like a little cherub, and the additions of Lupo and Tilly would never have happened in any other pictures because it's unlikely they'd relax enough and sit still for someone brand new. I swear, some people are acting like these are the only pictures of the kid that will ever be released. And the interviews with photographers "critiquing" the pictures just reeks of jealousy that they weren't chosen.

When George is christened in October or so, there will be official pictures coming out the wazoo, where the lighting is perfect and everything is just so. Jeepers!

mag and (deleted member) like this.
  24. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

And if they had used a professional photographer, there would be a plethora of internet discussions about how much money they wasted on it when everyone else would just have grandpa grab the digital camera.

They really can't win.

I also found it interesting that in the brief piece of the CNN interview with Prince William that was already released, he says that they are doing what they think is best for their family not trying to make symbolic statements. I notice the people around the web who read deep symbolic messages into everything they do are not talking about that!

25. heckles

heckles Banned Member

They're also sitting in one of several mansions and castles they get to occupy, while looking attractive and healthy. In some circles, this is known as winning.

26. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Well, in these pictures they are not. They were taken in her parents' backyard.

Money and expensive housing is not everything. Having every single thing you do criticized by the international press and ten million people on the internet would not be fun no matter how nice the house you are in while they are doing it is.

27. heckles

heckles Banned Member

It sure beats squatting in a rice paddy to give birth to little Phong during your 16-hour shift.

28. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

I'd say, "some circles" need to learn and realize then that there's so much more in life than appearances and money. Mansions and castles have nothing to do with winning. They don't bring happiness, they don't teach values and what's important in life, they don't love you. And I have a feeling that William would gladly exchange all of what "some circles" consider winning if that would mean he could have his mother back.

29. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Which the Middletons get to occupy because they paid for it with their hard-earned money.

I wouldn't want to live in a fishbowl like the British royals do. Yes, there are a lot of advantages, but there are a lot of constraints and rules that affect their lives. Some people would consider this an acceptable tradeoff, others would rather have less materially but be able to live normal lives.

30. tarotx

tarotx Well-Known Member

I love the official photos. There is a quiet dignity and realness to them even if the setting/staging really isn't that much different than if they are were done by a professional. When I first saw them I didn't know her father took them and I thought great choice. I have some with my guy and son right after we came home from the hospital. They have the same feel.

mag and (deleted member) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.