Royalty Thread #5 - Kate Now Officially A MILF

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by floskate, Jul 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. floskate

floskate Vacant

Any title suggestions to celebrate Will and Kate's baby?

2. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Nappy and Glorious! I saw that somewhere.

I have no idea. I am not clever.

3. zaphyre14

zaphyre14 Well-Known Member

Well, given the various changes in different countries, as well as The Royal Birth Heard Round The World, how about "The New Regimes"?

4. missing

missing Well-Known Member

Now that I've gotten over my disappointment that there will be no Princess Charlotte, I've taken it upon myself to name the little prince.

John Michael Francis Hawking.

John is for John of Gaunt, ancestor of them all, and a clever tribute to Charles and Camilla.

Michael is because I hear there's a Michael on Kate's side of the family.

Francis is for Diana, and a nice way of saying "hello" to the British Roman Catholics.

Hawking is for Stephen Hawking, a UK citizen who exemplifies intellectual curiosity and physical courage.

I know they'll end up with something dull and yucky like George, but it won't be because I didn't try.

5. cygnus

cygnus Liberal Furry

I'm still liking HRH J'ayden-Bradyn-Haydon-Kaiden-Zayyden of Cambridge (in line with the current trends)! ;)

6. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

Elton James Wilberforce Freddie

antmanb and (deleted member) like this.
  7. falling_dance

falling_dance Bravo, Patrick.

Yes.

8. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

9. taf2002

taf2002 Texas slumlord

From the last thread:

The queen will hand over to Charles when they pry the baton out of her cold dead hands. If abdicating was her plan she would have done it years ago. I think she's trying to beat the record.

BTW I don't consider her frigid, I consider her stately & regal.

10. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

A bunch of people on Facebook last night said that the boy should be named Spencer...and I thought-how awful! Try saying Prince Spencer a few times. It does not come trippingly off the tongue. Maybe stick Spencer into a longer name, but please don't call him that!

And for the record, I'm an American and I don't find the Queen frigid at all! I think she's wonderful and a great role model for women! You go, Liz.

11. DarrellH

DarrellH New Member

How about Thomas Ulysses Taylor

When his turn comes, he can be King Tut!

12. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I like it!

As for Spencer - as IF. The closest they will get to honouring Diana is Francis - and it's also Kate's father's middle name, so a good family name all round. This is a future king - his name must be stately and suitable to take its place in history, whether it's a traditional historic name or one that's more modern but still solid. I doubt Michael - I can see that as a middle name, but when your father, grandfather and myriad ancestors have been or will be heads of state and hold hundreds of royal titles, you do not name him after a commoner. MAYBE a second child, more likely a third.

I don't see Richard at all - too much controversy associated with the last Richard to saddle this guy with Richard IV. I'm doubting George either - not exactly the most illustrious of monarchs in recent history, especially compared to the Queen.

I expect to see Charles in there - the father and future king - and wouldn't be surprised to see Philip in there somewhere too, to honour him. I agree with those who think Arthur is a possibility though - William and Kate's ancestry crosses in Tudor times, so naming a child after the Tudor who didn't get to be king isn't a bad choice, plus it's very English and of course captures the imagination too.

My bet is on James, and I think Henry is not a bad choice either. It's a historic name, and since his uncle goes by Harry, there's no confusion. Remember that William is VERY close to Harry, who is already a prominent member of the royal family and will only become more important once his father then brother are kings, and Kate is close to him too. My personal choice would be John, but I think there's some superstition or something about a King John?

13. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

As do I!

14. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

oops double post

15. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Do people seriously think Wills and Kate get to just pick a name for the heir to the throne? :lol: There will be no King Spenser I.

I guess my FB friends couldn't care less what the kid is named. But then it's mostly science new feeds and I know they couldn't care less.

16. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I can't see them using James because of Edward's son James, or else I'd be rooting for that. I'm thinking they might think outside the box a little and go with something not used often like Alexander (name of a few kings of Scotland, for example)... George is just so blah.

17. cruisin

cruisin Well-Known Member

Very happy that Kate and Will had a healthy baby boy. Not sure why we are all so enthralled with the birth of a British monarch. It's nice, but people have babies every day, this is not Nobel Prize worthy.

18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Speaking for myself, I know the reason I'm happy about this and interested in it is because I find most of the news to be so negative and sad and tiring - whether it's wars and natural disasters or nasty people doing nasty things, or yet another celebrity divorce or celebrity trainwreck. To me, a happy couple and bright future are a breath of fresh air, and that's why I follow them. I also enjoy history, and this is history unfolding in an unashamedly romantic way, and throw in some fashion frivolity, and it's all good to me :)

nubka and (deleted member) like this.
  19. ballettmaus

ballettmaus Well-Known Member

Some historian or royal reporter or whatever on CNN said so yesterday, that the parents are going to choose. But she also added that they're traditional people anyway. I somehow doubt they have free rein, but they do seem to divert a little bit from protocol (announcement of the birth via press release, for example) so they may choose a name they like within reason.

20. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

21. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

A really British name for the baby like...

Benedict Cumberbatch Sherlock Rumpole Grantham! :p

22. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Michael was an Archangel, hardly a commoner.

23. dardar1126

dardar1126 Well-Known Member

And Michael is the name of Kate's dad. :)

Her brother is James.

24. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

But not a king, or other prominent European royal who it makes sense to name him after.

Exactly - a commoner. I think it's a great name for a second or more likely third son, or a middle name for either, but for the first child and future king? No.

The fun part of all this of course is that soon we all might be proven very, very wrong :lol:

25. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Wasn't Michael a primarily Catholic name in the UK in past? I can see how historically that would have been an unpopular choice among Britain's royal family, and of course they are so into tradition that now there is no precedent for a Michael.

I vote for Henry or Alexander ;)

26. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Kanye KCambridge?

27. JasperBoy

JasperBoy Well-Known Member

As of yesterday I thought Richard would be the name. There is a Richard in the family, the Queen's cousin, Richard of Gloucester, so it has been used recently. Also, Richard III of York has had a bit of a revival recently since his bones were discovered in the parking lot.
    Richard Francis Charles Philip. They will save Henry/Harry for the spare

28. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

Along those lines, a friend suggested Prince South of Cambridge, who will one day become South of Wales.

Probably not :p

29. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

:rofl:

I think that's a great suggestion.

The funniest entertainment yesterday was watching the news channels trying to string "it's a boy!" out into hours and hours of endless coverage. My favourite was news reports speculating on what might be in Kate's hospital room, and then wondering if there might be air conditioning :rofl:

30. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

I don't know - Richard III is still controversial from the point of view of whether or not he was a good king, whether or not he murdered the princes in the tower, and the whole mess that was succession at that time. Not to mention that he allegedly died on the battlefield at the hands of Henry VII, so maybe they don't want to put those two names close together?

I definitely see Charles there though, and have said for years now that Frances/Francis is a great way to honour both Diana and Kate's father.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.