Royalty Thread #4 Nappies and Nuptials

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by taf2002, Dec 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Honestly, William as Prince Charming defending his pathetic little princess from atop his white steed romanticizing aside, I doubt the Middletons are invited to Sandringham for Christmas day. They were invited to shoot on Boxing Day last year. That may be the case this year as well. But we should all know by now that the sources reporting this are not particularly reliable. If we believed US Weekly, Kate has been pregnant about 15 times prior to this pregnancy, after all.

Also, quite honestly, I think that Kate, being a 30 year old woman who is educated and was quite independent prior to marriage, can probably handle Christmas day without her mommy and daddy just fine. She probably doesn't even need William riding around on that horse to protect her.

*Jen* and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

She is just adorable!

4. PDilemma

US Weekly was wrong. Imagine that:

http://inagist.com/all/282439139570368512/

Kate and William are spending Christmas day privately with her family. I would guess this is to spare her the public aspects of Christmas at Sandringham due to the possibility that HG can recur.

(Cue the "William did something magical to save her" romantic posts all over the internet)

5. skatesindreams

Health and happiness to the couple, wherever they spend Christmas.

6. skatesindreams

7. skatesindreams

8. skatesindreams

9. skatesindreams

10. skatesindreams

11. skatesindreams

12. skatesindreams

13. skatesindreams

14. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I was just coming in w/the link to the Official Website of the SwRF and those new beyond adorable pictures of Estelle. She still looks a lot like Daniel, but I can see Victoria here and there in her face now too. I'm sure the Swedish Royals are just counting down the days till they can spoil their little Elfling. :D

Thank you for showing me I'm not the only one who has seen the Queen Mum resemblance wise and her Great Grand Daughter Eugenie. I've been told I didn't know what I was talking about and I was seeing things I wanted to see. On a couple of occasions, I actually had to pull out my books on the Queen Mum and put them side by side to show them I wasn't just seeing things and yes, Eugenie really does greatly resemble her Great Granny in her younger days.

So Thank You!! :D

Nordlys.no ~ The Royal Family of Norway attend a Christmas Concert

Speaking of resemblances....My goodness does little Princess Ingrid Alexandra look like her Dad now. Wow!!

And some lovely happy news from Jordan...

Arab Today ~ Princess Iman bint al-Hussein engaged, due to marry

15. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Maybe, like many young couples, they are simply alternating where they spend Christmas ... Last year with his family, this year with her family etc etc.

16. Lorac

Lorac Well-Known Member

And if I recall - prior to the marriage and after the engagement - William was reported to say this would happen and that he had no intention of pushing the Middletons into the sidelines when it came to spending time with their daughter!! I would guess that nexy year they will spend time with William's family over Christmas.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  17. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

:rolleyes:

18. kylet3

kylet3 Well-Known Member

Ok I know this is random but today I came across Prince Carl Philip of Sweden... to which my thought is... HOTTEST royal anywhere. Seriously, he is all kinds of :swoon: and YOWZA!

19. AragornElessar

Get in line kyle. It goes around the World three or four times now IIRC. :D ;)

He is gorgeous, isn't he? Even more so in Uniform!! :)

20. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Actually, no. I ready US Weekly online several times a week, and being a fan, I can safely say I've read just about every article about Kate they've ever run. To my recollection, they've never reported that she's pregnant until she actually was. Lots of stories about looking forward to having children, planning to have children, but never that she was pregnant.

21. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

Her HG more than likely has not gone away.

22. PDilemma

I doubt it. It is apparently controlled enough that she has done some short events in the last week. So I more or less meant that in case it is worse or she needs medical treatment again. By all accounts, Christmas with the Queen is a marathon of events, some of them formal. Their choice to spend Christmas with her family is likely because it will be more relaxed. And call me crazy, but I think they are a pretty modern young couple and likely make decisions together rather than the utterly appalling patriarchal model of marriage that is popularly talked about in reference to them.

23. Spareoom

Spareoom Well-Known Member

I figure, this is their time to take things easy and do things as low-key as possible, ESPECIALLY since she's pregnant and likely still sick. Once they get deeper into the official duty side of things, it won't be as easy to go off and take their holidays as they like. There will be plenty of time for that. This Christmas is not a great time to be pushing a lot of formality on them and I think everyone realizes that.

Maybe I'm oversimplfying things, but it seems like the Royal Family is being very reasonable when it comes to Will and Kate, especially now when she's been sick. Maybe that's unusual? I won't know, but I know I wouldn't have expected any different.

24. AragornElessar

The Crown Prince Family of Denmark attended the Annual Christmas Concert held in Copenhagen earlier this week and....

I haven't a clue what Princess Josephine had in her mouth, but the look on her face says it all IMO. :D

Ever *sour*!!!!

A very Merry Christmas to all of us and don't forget those of us who can see it tomorrow...

Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth's Annual Christmas Message will be shown on both the BBC in the UK and on the CBC here in Canada. It will also be available online at various places too.

I'll be raising a glass of Ginger Ale or a mix of Juice and Club Soda to Her Majesty's health and also to wish her and the Royal Family a Very Merry Christmas at the end of the Broadcast. As I do every year as one of my own personal Christmas Traditions. :)

25. AragornElessar

Forgive the double post, but consider it a Christmas Present to the thread. :)

This was shared over at The Royal Forums in the thread about King George VI and my mouth literally dropped open, as I've never seen it ever before. I'm sure there are others who haven't seen it either, so...

London Connection ~ The Coronation of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth

This is a stunning photo of HM, w/his Queen and the little Princesses and also the rest of his immediate Family, excepting the Duke and Duchess of Windsor of course. In the photo w/them are...

HM Queen Mary
    HRH Mary, Princess Royal and Countess of Harewood
    TRH Henry and Alice, Duke and Duchess of Gloucester
    TRH George and Marina, Duke and Duchess of Kent
    HM Queen Maud of Norway and the new King's Aunt

They are also all in their Coronation finery too.

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

BTW...Anyone expecting or hoping for a Royal Christmas Present of any kind? I'm hoping Mom and Dad or my Sister managed to find something to mark this very special year for all of us in the Commonwealth. :)

26. AragornElessar

Well...I struck out w/any presents to do w/the Diamond Jubliee. I sometimes wonder why my Sister bothers to ask me what I'd like for my Birthday and/or Christmas, as she never listens to me anyway.

Anyway...I was looking at something else over at YouTube and noticed this off to the side...

Queen Margrethe II of Denmark's CNN interview part 1/3

Parts Two and Three are far easier to find than the First part was. In fact, it was Part Two I saw first, followed by Part Three and then having to search for the beginning of the thing. Anyway...This was held to help mark Her Majesty's Ruby Jubliee earlier this year and is beyond fascinating. It also gave me something I've been wanting to see for a very long time. Some of HM's art work of Middle Earth she created for the Danish translation she also did of The Lord of the Rings.

During Part Two I think, we also see Daisy showing off one of her trays she's created by doing Decopauge on it. She has it in one of the Guest Rooms and I thought was stunning. I haven't done Decopauge in a long time, but I remember how easy it is to over do it on the project you're creating. This tray wasn't one of those. :)

Out of all the Monarchs of today, she's the one I'd love to be able to spend a day w/just chatting and creating whatever was at hand to create/work w/. If that happened, I'd also get that chance to ask her why she picked Gold to put her Sugar Plum Fairy in for the production of The Nutcracker she designed the Costumes and Sets for this Holiday Season in Copenhagen. :D

Anyway, enjoy watching this really great interview w/one pretty interesting lady. :)

27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Reports now coming in that after spending Christmas Day with the Middletons (including a family outing to church services), Kate and William headed to Sandringham to join the traditional Boxing Day hunt. No word on if the Middletons have joined any part of the festivities, but it does sound like they've combined the best of both worlds for the holidays, with other reports that they will ring in the New Year with Charles and Camilla.

One fun tidbit: apparently Kate stayed behind while the others went hunting, as did the Queen who has a little cold. One imagines them cozied up around a fireplace drinking tea and discussing baby names :) They did apparently trek out for the traditional shoot lunch though.

28. AragornElessar

Isn't that how things are done anyway? The men go out to shoot and the women come later w/the food for the picnic?

Could have sworn I read that somewhere at some point in time. Anyway...

The names of the newest little Savoy Princess have been announced...

She is HRH Princess Isabella Vita Marina of Savoy.

Apparently Marina is the name of her Maternal Grandmother, but don't know anything like that when it comes to the other two names. Regardless, IMO they're really pretty and go together really well too.

Was meaning to post this yesterday, but ran out of steam...

The Sun ~ Queen glanced lovingly at Wills as if to say, one day all this will be yours

This article is by Royal Photographer Veteran Arthur Edwards and has some of his personal favourite pictures he took of the Windsor clan this past year. I love, love, love the one the title of the article is about. :)

29. AragornElessar

This calls for it's own posting...

The Telegraph ~ New Year's Honours of 2012 : The Full List

Quite a few Olympians and Paralympians on that list. Awesome to see so many Paralympians being honoured!!

I think the least surprising entry on that is *Sir* Bradley Wiggins. First Brit to win the Tour de France and then capped it off w/Olympic Gold. This was expected to happen from what I was reading in various places.

Speaking of the Games...I wonder how many calls Rosie MacLennan fielded on Christmas Day after HM's Christmas Broadcast was shown here in Canada? It was so wonderful to see so many Commonwealth athletes also featured alongside their British Counterparts during that portion of HM's Broadcast. Also a delightful surprise to see Rosie shown as the first one of the Commonwealth Athletes.

Talk about a Christmas Surprise, huh? :D

30. Guinevere

Guinevere New Member

Not sure if this is the right thread to post this, but since he was a king, I hope it fits!

I'm absolutely intriguied by the idea that they may have found Richard III in a car park in Leicester.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencet...eicester-car-park-believe-archaeologists.html
    http://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/life...of-discontent-as-we-await-the-truth-1-5192836

Richard III was the last English king to die on the battlefield and I think it's so interesting that they might have finally found him. How the dig came about is as interesting as the result itself. They tracked down the former church where he was said to have been buried (ruined, of course, during the Dissolution of the Monasteries) and dug three narrow trenches in a parking lot just trying to find the church. They had an idea of the layout of the church so they chose these areas to dig. Then they found a skeleton, which wouldn't be that unusual because it was a church, but then they saw skeleton had a fatal war wound on the head, an arrow in the back and severe scoliosis of the spine that made his right shoulder higher than his left (Richard III was often portrayed as a hunchback and some descriptions said his right shoulder was higher than his left).

I did an archaeology dig some years ago so I know how tedious it can be and to think they could have found it in essentially their first try is so exciting!! I really hope it is Richard III, because I think they deserve this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.